BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2011

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have the problem that when you try and play an online game, when your at the team selection screen you cant do anything. Your opponent often connects but you still cant swap team or start the game etc. When you press x you get the message "This team does not have sufficient star rating to enter this match".

Seems to be happening more and more on mine.

Both of the two most recent games ive bought (Fifa, COD) have serious connection issues.

HELP from the experts please. Never thought I would ask for help on a fifa as I usually own them but here goes.

I get knocked of the ball so easy - both in defense and on attack. Theo Walcott will run with the ball pushing Samba away as easy as i would my 3 year old nephew. When I have the ball with Lukaku (Strength 90 or so) the weakest AI can push me off with no problem.

In Fifa 10 you would get knocked off the ball but you could still tackle (and when attacking you could do some tricks getting some space). This time around I feel like I am playing with weak 10 year olds against 11 supermen.

I know I can shield the ball pressing finesse button but thats only when standing still - right? Is there some combination of buttons I can use when running?

I NEED HELP please.

well its just a bad game it seems.it feels wrong and its just the weirdest ways the AI scores and tackles.

Of course there are some good things but the game doesnt feel like footy. More like a pinball game that has been rigged... c''' game

And I have have had every FIFA since the old days..

well its just a bad game it seems.it feels wrong and its just the weirdest ways the AI scores and tackles.

Of course there are some good things but the game doesnt feel like footy. More like a pinball game that has been rigged... c''' game

And I have have had every FIFA since the old days..

:rolleyes: Blame the game because your rubbish, always works.

I have no problem holding off players or tackling with big guys against small guys. You just have L2P issues.

I find it very difficult to play against decent players that sit with 10 men behind the ball and counter attack. Very hard to play it round a tightly packed defense in fifa 11. I do much better against players than continuously close down.

Had a good result other day, beat a buy who was playing as Real Madrid 3-1. Looked at his record and he has won 35 and lost just 5 and was on a 9 game win streak.

Does anybody have a problem with matches disconnecting?

More often than not my game disconnects. I don't think it's people quitting because it happens when I'm losing to.

Two occasions where it ALWAYS disconnects - at the start of a 'replay' game (i.e. second game against someone), and about 4 minutes into extra time should it go that far.

It's ruining my enjoyment of the game. I'm on a wired connection (PS3 estimates 13.4 download speed) and I don't have a problem on any other game.

As far as I can tell the game is just getting cancelled. My profile says I've only played 14 games, but I've attempted to play far more than that.

I'll try the ports tomorrow, I'm sceptical though as every other game works fine.

I'm holding back from joining that league until I've sorted it out, more games disconnect than finish at the moment.

Im sure some people know how to exploit connection bugs in the game. I beat some guy 3-1 yesterday, but in the last 10 minutes after he realised he was going to loose he kept pausing the game over and over, the game then kept crashing but not disconnecting, thus a 5 minute wait for it to reconnect ensued. Did this about 5 times and the last 5 minutes took about 20 mins. Then at full time the game wouldnt leave the end animation and match stats never came up. Left the playstation running for about 15 mins to find no change so turned it off. Find next time on that I had lost 3-0 and been classed as disconnecting.

Im sure this was some deliberate way of causing the game to crash in the hope I would diconnect. I get it quite often that when im winning with 5 minutes left the opponent starts pausing the game over and over and being as aukward as possible.

They should introduce a search option for finding matches. Cheats and non cheats.

You can do a search by DNF!? Yes its not just cheats, but the majority are in there!

I do search for 10% max DNF, but the guy i mentioned above got me to shut down my ps3 and thus took a win and kept a low DNF. May have been a genuine error, but the fact he started pausing over and over and playing like an idiot has me suspicious.

:rolleyes: Blame the game because your rubbish, always works.

I have no problem holding off players or tackling with big guys against small guys. You just have L2P issues.

Are you playing against AI or online. Because to me there is a big difference. Playing against friends or online it the same for everyone, but playing in career mode you will have walcott piushing samba off the ball...

What custom tactics do you all use for online play?

Anyone found a good formation and custom tactic they dont mind sharing?

Different ones dependant on formation & team

Iv got a good 4-4-2 one which is actually more like a 4-1-2-1-2 if you want to try it...works well for my players to make alot of runs & give me plenty of shooting opportunities. Also got a 3-5-2 which I use for Man City.

LeChuck, who is your ISP? Some ISPs do have a tendency to kill your connection if you spike too much over a short period of time.

Mine's o2 - it seems to be OK but I'm tempted to go with BT Infinity. Regardless of BT's reputation, seems to be the best around (at a price).

Sorry forgot about this...

I'm also on O2 (the 'all rounder' package as they now call it). It's a brilliant connection for everything else, that's why I find this Fifa problem so strange.

Got any guides to do that with the O2 wireless box? I'm sure I could find one, but if you know one that worked for you that would be a safer bet.

Type

http://192.168.1.254/ into your browser

Then you should be able to assign a game to network and open all relevant ports as per the fifa book you get with the game

Archived