BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Where's Your Money Going On The World Cup?

Ricky

In all honesty Bobby, you should google 'world cup betting' or something, and find whichever site has an offer where you get your first bet matched. That way you get more money to bet.

I actually quite like Bet24 as it was nice and easy to use, but the variety of betting options is quite limited. For basic accumulators you could go just about anywhere. If you want something with loads of different betting options, then maybe Ladbrokes or Bet365?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So generally which site would you recommend mate? If you had to pick one (for variety and selection as well as attractiveness of odds)

I will generally use Bet365, Ladbrokes and Paddy Power during the world cup but as TCJ_jones says it all depends on where you are betting. As he says, if you are betting quite a bit then it might be worth opening 2 or 3 accounts and getting the free money they give you by matching your first bet.

Just don't open a BetFred account on principal cos he's a cock.

888sport bet

Bet here - if you place your bet by the 11th then you get the promo offer, basically bet up to £20 - you lose, you get your money back - you win, you get the winnings!

Check the rules 1st, but its the top deal on hotdeals today so it seems genuine too!

So hard to pick a winner for the World Cup, Spain are the obvious favourites with Brazil and Argentina not far behind them, in truth there are probably 8 sides or so that could win it if luck went their way such as England, France, Germany, Italy and Holland.

I'd fancy Argentina if Maradona wasn't in charge, I still feel they may pull it off. Spain will be close but even with the confidence from Euro 2008 I just feel they may fail to live up to expectations in the World Cup as history often shows.

I've never been less confident about the England side in terms of what our best team is and who should play where so I never really thought of us being a contender but I'm almost thinking with the media and fan expectation not seeming quite so high in comparison to other tournaments that with the help of Capello we could even pull it off.

I'm going to go for an outsider, they may not have the best team but you can never write off the Italians, especialy being the holders. At 20/1 I couldn't resist a flutter.

MODS

Any chance of adding a poll to this thread so we can just pick one winner each??

I've bet on England and Argentina to win it. England was more of a bet with my heart, but have felt all along that Argentina would be better than they looked in qualifying. Please, don't let it be the Germans.

• 2 weeks later...
I bet it'll be bloody Uruguay or something now!

It better hadn't be Uruguay, I'll be kicking myself if it is! I said this earlier in the tournament:

Uruguay aren't a bad bet as outsiders.

On this form, Forlan could win any game for the them if the defence are tight at the back.

I thought about sticking £20 on it then decided against it. With all the free bet offers knocking around I should have just gone for it. Can you bet e/w in football?

You could have bet e/w on them before the tournament and had the chance that they would lose in the final. Would have looked a smart bet now as you could have stuck a good amount on the Netherlands to cover yourself and walked out with a nice profit, but in reality I can't see them getting to the final.

Archived