BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group A Discussion - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Guest Kamy100

I'm anti buzzing too.

I hope it wont happen in every match otherwise this may well be the first world cup I watch with the volume muted.

Absolutely friggin annoying and completely spoilt the atmosphere imo.

It's literally giving me a headache. People can say "get over it", the World Cup is about the atmosphere, and these abominations are ruining it for a lot of people.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a dire game of football France-Uruguay was. France have so much talent in their squad but play the most awful football. I hope they get knocked out.

What a shame South Africa couldn't hold out for the win. Realistically, I'd say they have to beat Uruguay now to have any shot of going through, because I don't see them beating France.

I'm much more excited about today's games, regardless of the fact that it's England playing tonight.

I think you'll see France improve. Hopefully they won't give in to external and internal pressures and put Henry back into the team, but there's a lot of talent and athleticism in that side and if they can get it going they'll be a match for anyone. This game against Mexico could be just what they need, I think it will be very open and it could see them spark into life. They played at a much faster pace in the warm-up games and even during the qualifiers, so I would expect to see the Mexicans as perfect opposition for them.

For france to improve they need a focal point to their attack, Anelka always moves out wide/deep.

It may also help if they could get on with each other.

Hopefully they'll play Gignac and then can play pace wide of him, but I doubt that they will do it. Playing Gignac up top with Anelka with a free role behind him and Malouda and Ribery proving width would be the most sensible thing, but it's unlikely to happen. Domenech really isn't that bad of a coach and gets far too much criticism.

I thought the ball was terrible and all the matches were rubbish?

Half an hour of decent-ish football and a deflected goal changes that? Still little goalmouth action in this match, but for Mokoena's shoulder this would still be 0-0. South Africa have no penetration at all.

The only enjoyable thing really is watching Forlan. I hope Capello is taking notes, Uruguay have build the team around Forlan and are letting him play wherever he wants. We should be doing that with Rooney.

• Backroom

Gutted for Bafana I really wanted them to do well but Perrera (sp) set them up for failure IMO

Forlan is awesome, good job united got rid of him when they did

Forlan is awesome, good job united got rid of him when they did

Given how poorly most of the other teams have started, Uruguay aren't a bad bet as outsiders.

On this form, Forlan could win any game for the them if the defence are tight at the back. He's been world class in both games so far.

Forlan is a lethal finisher and the best player Uruguay have. Since Uruguay have no players capable of supplying the prolific front two they had to move their best footballer (Forlan) further back. It could have stymied him (as he's an out and out goal-scorer first and foremost) but turned out to be a great decision.

Gutted :( Parreira is a ###### ######.... It looked like a stupid Sam Allardyce formation, with 2 defensive midfielders and 1 striker :rolleyes: We had no fight, no commitment and lacked ideas. We definately out, as we would need to beat France by at least 3 or 4 goals. :wacko:

I wasn't really surprised by this result. I thought that the high of playing in the World Cup opener carried South Africa through the first game and almost ended in a victory. However, I don't think that they had the quality in their side to repeat this sort of performance and when they came up against players who play for top teams in top leagues all around Europe, they just weren't good enough. If they had played Uruguay first and then Mexico, I would have seen the same sequence of results happening.

It looked like a stupid Sam Allardyce formation, with 2 defensive midfielders and 1 striker

Funny, I could swear Brazil, Holland and Spain play similar formations - 4-2-3-1 is a very popular formation now.

I guess the difference between Allardyce and South Africa's chump of a manager is that Big Sam knows how to make the formation get results. :D

South Africa simply don't have the personnel to play an attack-minded formation. It's a shame they lost, if only they'd have managed to hold out for a 1-0 in the first game. I still hope they beat the French and end their World Cup on a high.

Funny, I could swear Brazil, Holland and Spain play similar formations - 4-2-3-1 is a very popular formation now.

I guess the difference between Allardyce and South Africa's chump of a manager is that Big Sam knows how to make the formation get results. :D

i couldnt agree more, however we are better playing at 2 strikers than 1 though. the other difference is, that we dont have the quality of Brazil or Holland to play that formation. Oh well c'mon Holland :lol:

• Backroom

This will come back to bite me but Anelka just isn't good enough to spearhead the French attack he's too greedy and nowhere near as good as he seems to think he is

Archived