BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group A Discussion - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, France

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonderful stuff. I'll have an enjoyable few weeks now, made even better by the fact that all of the French have to support England tomorrow.

They played terribly. They were totally disinterested, there was no link between their back four and the attack and they created nothing. Ribery was the only one who looked like he gave a toss and how Govou manages to make the squad is beyond me.

Can't believe that Givet isn't playing centre half for France. He's better than the player Gallas has become and twice the centre back Abidal is. They were awful together!

He's not better than Gallas, that's a bit silly. Givet isn't rated very highly here in France, his spell here didn't end particularly well and he hasn't performed the few times that he has made the team.

France were always the obvious candidates amongst the big European countries to go home early...he wrote before Algeria beat England.

Algeria don't stand a chance...and yes I do realise that you were not being entirely serious.

Can't believe that Givet isn't playing centre half for France.

Well, to be fair, he can't even get a game at centre half for us.

I can't believe Mexes didn't even make the squad, he's better than Abidal. I think Gallas is excellent with the right partner, but that needs to be a more commanding centre half, not someone like Abidal.

French fans are terrible anyway. They came into this tournament loudly talking about how terrible their team was and criticising all of the coaching staff and every player other than Henry, so they got what they deserved.

The French had given up the ghost before the tournament started. Not as a sign of contrition with respect to their unpleasant path to the finals but because they were going to show their unpopular coach what was what with an epic display of Gallic indifference.

Mexico were excellent tonight against a shocking French team. I thought the Ricardo Osorio and Carlos Salcido were excellent in defence and going forward. Rafael Marquez was a rock in the midfield and his pass to set up the first goal was fantastic. And up front Dos Santos, Franco and Barrea caused the French constant problems. The Mexicans were excellent in the last World Cup and were unlucky to go out to Argentina. I really hope that they can go further this time around. As for the French, it's almost as if the fans, media and players want to do badly, just to show their contempt for the coach. The only problem is, is that the team are doing it on the biggest stage of all. They have some class players in Lloris, Evra, Diaby, Gourcuff, Ribery and Malouda, but they obviously don't want to play for Domenech. It makes no difference to him as he will be leaving the job once the World Cup is over. It's awful that this guy has been able to stay in charge and take the team to this level. But in truth, you have to question a lot of the players characters, because if they don't want to win for him, then they should be wanting to win for the French people. But either way, I'm delighted for the Mexicans, who are a really good side.

Is it possible for the French to still qualify? Am I right in thinking that the only way they can is if Mexico beat Uruguay and France catch up about 3 goals on the goal difference?

I hope South Africa absolutely spank them! I have no time for the French - an over-rated bunch of prima donna nancy boys who are too busy squabbling amongst themselves to even think about playing half decent football. Now just for the Italians to get knocked out...

People talk about last night's match like it's a huge shock. Mexico is and always has been (except under Sven) a very good side.

Edit: And France barely qualified. Has been interesting watching the RTE coverage here in Dublin - they definitely still are bitter.

Archived