BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group B Discussion - Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece

Guest Kamy100

It's wonderful listening to two sets of passionate supporters singing the national anthems. Just a shame that it was the only opportunity for us to hear the fans.

It seems like the BBC have turned the commentary up and the crowd noise down to try and drown out the annoying horns.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Edgar Davids...seriously, you're making Marcel Desailly look charismatic.

I thought he was falling asleep.

Argentina are a real wildcard they are ao good goin forward they could play a you score 4 we'll score 5 type of game, I think they'll be good to watch.

Perhaps their "Jonas" has something to do with it, cannot believe he's playing over Zanetti???

Higuian must be the argentinian version of Cole he needs 7 chances to score. Messi though looks great if he keeps this up he could win it himself.

Can't believe Zanetti isn't in this side, the guy is a legend and has had a fantastic season. Still a top class player at 36. Cambiasso as well should be in this squad. I can see sides targetting Jonas especially in the later stages, a side with top quality wingers will rip him apart.

Can't believe Zanetti isn't in this side, the guy is a legend and has had a fantastic season. Still a top class player at 36. Cambiasso as well should be in this squad. I can see sides targetting Jonas especially in the later stages, a side with top quality wingers will rip him apart.

I just don't understand why he's in the squad, pace yes but the argentinian footballing equivalent of our "Keith". Just run at him little shimmy and watch him stick his leg out, over you go and happy days its a penalty. Ah well at least it'll be entertaining, and promises plenty of goals.

Have to agree on the missing players, if they don't go far it will be used as ammo against Diego.

Going a little off-topic, but Messi is without a doubt, well and truly, the best player in the world and, IMO, the best player that's ever lived. Even when he has an average game, he's head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Don't start that endless discussion again tcj!

Greece were truly awful this morning, they played like they'd just met. Seems like the oldest coach in WC history forgot all about tactics.

Argentina looking good against a poor Nigeria defence but like others here I'm anxious to see Jonas tested by better teams.

Going a little off-topic, but Messi is without a doubt, well and truly, the best player in the world and, IMO, the best player that's ever lived. Even when he has an average game, he's head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Currently Messi is the best player in the world, not the best that has ever lived.

He has long way to go before he is in the same league as Maradona.

At least that game was somewhat easier to listen to with the toned down crowd.

Mick McCarthy is awful is this the best the BBC could do?

There was an article today predicting he'd give up trying to pronounce the player names. Spot on.

Don't forget Adebayor who needs to breathe between sentences.

Argentina look like they have landed lucky with two countries which are poor and worsening in their group. I bet every other manager of a fancied team saw a lot of ways to sort out Argentina today. Korea v Argentina will be a tasty game.

FM legend Enyeama continuing his good performance in the second half.

I always sign him as a back up to Robinson and offload Brown, he always ends up being my no 1 keeper, I bet we see him in the prem next season, big guy, good shot stopper, probably cheap too and didnt he play well today :lol:

Argentina have been a joy to watch so far this tournament. They could have won their first game 5-0 and are already 2-0 up today.

Higuain's goal doesn't hide the fact that he's been pretty poor in the first two games though. I'd like to see Milito in his place.

Messi, Tevez, and Di Maria have been absolutely fantastic.

Yes, they are playing very well, although South Korea aren't doing themselves any favours with their defending and I think this may end up being the easiest group. This could be end up being 4 or 5 though and so far they are the only side to really play with some pace.

The difference between Argentina and Spain is that Spain were very one dimensional, playing short passes through the middle. Argentina aren't afraid to mix it up with short and long range passing, players running at the opposition, long shots and balls into the box. They look a far more complete team, though Gutierez will no doubt be exposed by better teams.

Archived