BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group B Discussion - Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, Argentina have looked fantastic, but they are always susceptible to these kind of defensive lapses. If Samuel's injury rules him out for the rest of the tournament then I can see any game Argentina game after the group stages being a blinding watch!

They've looked good, but they haven't looked great at the back, not just for the goal but on a couple of occasions, and better sides will expose that more regularly. You have to judge the performance based on the quality of opposition they are up against and the tactics that they are looking to employ.

Beautiful move.

Oo, offside for the 3rd goal (Higuain 2nd).

So harsh on the South Koreans :( They've looked quite good this half.

Still, a cracking counter attack and Argentina definitely deserve the win.

Agreed, they've looked much better this half and knocked Argentina a bit out of their stride, but the pace with which Argentina can get forward can be devastating.

The Argies looked really good today against a pretty decent Korean team. That said, their defensive frailties are there for all too see. Gutierrez is not a right back and Demichelis is a very poor defender. Gutted for Messi (as much as one can be gutted for a talented, millionaire footballer) that the keepers are standing on their heads against him so far.

• Backroom

Akin to beckham and simeone it was stupid and petulant and involved a lot of play acting but both red cards by the rule book

• Backroom

Now that's what I love about football, great chance at one end stopped by a brilliant save then Nigeria should score of the counter attack but yakubu then obasi miss

• Backroom

Poor Enyeama he has been awesome in these two games then makes a stinking error and Greece are two one up and Nigeria all but out.

Kaita has cost them this game Greece never looked like scoring

Picked a very good first match! Excellent atmosphere.

Thought argies were good for the win tho korea should've equalised with that chance.

football city is an amazing stadium. It has 2separate climates. We were in the.sun and it was boiling hot but i was talking to a lad sat in shade and they said he's never been so cold at a game!

You're very lucky, Clare. By far the best game so far. Hope you're enjoying it. When is your next game?

I know everybody is using this as an excuse, but the ball seemed to swerve horribly for Enyeama. He was right behind it and then it served away at the last minute. It was similar to Green's mistake, but the swerve looked far more pronounced.

Argentina looked very good going forward today. The pass from Aguero to Higuain for his third goal was beautiful. At the back however, the Argies looked all over the place. It again highlights the madness of leaving Javier Zanetti out of the side. I felt sorry for Enyeama in the Nigeria game as he has been the standout goalkeeper for me so far and to make a mistake like that isn't fair. The Nigerians still have a chance if they beat Koreans, which I think they can do.

Archived