BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group D Discussion - Australia, Germany, Ghana, Serbia

Guest Kamy100

Liked the look of Chana and especially Asamoah. Very quick feet and good passing. They also had a good winger Tagoe who I would like us to take a look at. A bit raw, but has pace and technique. Is according to the commentators at the Hoffenheim reserve team.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another rubbish game marred by bad refereeing. This is a stellar World Cup so far.

Sorry, but what did the referree get wrong in that game? He was consistant with the way the other games, yellow cards for shirt pulling etc. The penalty and sending off were spot on. I really cant remember any dodgy decisions at all.

Really looking forward to the Germany v Australia game tonight. Australia will battle hard and fight for everything, and the Germans will try and be their usual ruthless efficient selves.

Germany have some seriously good talent coming through at the moment in Kroos, Marin, Ozil, Muller, Neuer, Badstuber and Khadeira. Combined with players like Mertesacker, Lahm, Podolski, Klose and Schweinsteiger they have a nice blend of experience and potential.

Looks like Bert and Grella will both start so there is the Rovers interest as well.

is this sarcasm? If not I don't get it.

It was a really good game to watch with good refereeing for the most part again.

Both teams look like they would give us a good game, especially Ghana.

I love the African teams for their fans and spirit I hope a couple of them get past the group stages.

7 goals in 9 games. Yellow cards being handed out like confetti. Two games decided by ###### poor goalkeeping. Yeah stellar stuff.

7 goals in 9 games. Yellow cards being handed out like confetti. Two games decided by ###### poor goalkeeping. Yeah stellar stuff.

I agree its not been a good world cup so far, but thats been because there are a lot of bad teams(Slovenia, Greece, Algeria, Nigeria) in it and good teams playing badly(England, France, Argentina).

But where are the examples of bad referring I asked you for? Pretty much all the yellow cards have been for 100%, nailed on fouls. There has obviously been a directive from Fifa to book players for shirt pulling and dissent. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Germany could increase that number somewhat if this carries on. Not looking good for the Aussies!

Looking like this could get embarassing for Australia. Bert looking a bit useful is the only bright point for them but on this showing, Serbia and Ghana will roll over them as well.

• Backroom

I havnt seen many contentious yellows so far either and I'm loving it on the whole so far.

Germany look a class above really and could be four up now.

The onl surprise so far is grella went down and got back up

• Backroom

First potentially bad decision of the tournament for me.

Definitely a yellow it was a frustrated bad challenge but a red is harsh. Nowhere near as bad as carraghers last night

• Backroom

Refs have been handing cards out like they're going out of fashion.

The only surprise is that American player wasn't sent off for his studs up lunge on Gerrard yesterday.

I just can't understand this until that red I think every yellow has been jusitifed apart from possibly the guy for Ghana unless you have more examples?

The officiating has been a far better standard then the prem so far.

The standard of officiating has been excellent so far until this game,

Australia denied a blatant penalty, had a yellow for a non-foul and a red that should have been a yellow.

This guy must have had a dodgy rooburger in Mexico City or something.

The standard of officiating has been excellent so far until this game,

Australia denied a blatant penalty, had a yellow for a non-foul and a red that should have been a yellow.

This guy must have had a dodgy rooburger in Mexico City or something.

Or, perhaps, half of the far east have bet enormous money on a German win....... :rolleyes:

Archived