BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group D Discussion - Australia, Germany, Ghana, Serbia

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

Cracking match 1-1. Aussies down to 10 men, why on earth was Kewell arguing against the sending off, it was a blatant handball.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bit of poor defending from Brett there for the penalty he was beat too easily.

Kewell has no case a definite penalty and red

are people insane? The ball was hammered into his arm, it was debatable whether it was a penalty, but a red card is just sickening.

Australia should just walk out of this tournament in my opinion. For the second consecutive World Cup the FIFA officials have made an absolute mockery of their efforts.

are people insane? The ball was hammered into his arm, it was debatable whether it was a penalty, but a red card is just sickening.

Australia should just walk out of this tournament in my opinion. For the second consecutive World Cup the FIFA officials have made an absolute mockery of their efforts.

Nah, Kewell lent into the ball, it wasn't as though he was trying to get his arm out of the way.

He stretched out his arm. Little stretch but he knew what he was doing. It was a professional's job. Plus it prevented a sure goal. Its harsh, but they always give reds for handballs on the line.

However, Australia shouldve had a dead cert penalty.

And Addy arguably lucky with the lunge which got him a yellow. I remember a previous WC or EC when refs where flashing reds for any tackle like that cause it was from behind. I guess that directive lasted 3 weeks! :P

Brett looking more like his old self which is encouraging for Rovers.

Have liked the look of little Annan both times I have seen him. Horrible decision to not buy him and pay twice as much for Grella. But then Ince always was a clueless midfielder himself.

The penalty was fair enough but a red card is a ###### disgrace, the biggest game for us at this world cup and the ref in a split second can adjudge there was intention and send him off

So not only did we have to do without Cahill for the game because of an overzealous card giver but now we go into the most important game without Kewell, ###### fantastic!

Mind you, ten men down and we still drew, that was the heart and commitment I always expect to see

Handball on the line. Over jealous officials. No surprise for the red card. Defending just prior from Wilkshire and Bert was rubbish. No complaints from me.

We need a Ghana victory against Germany (possible especially after the German showing against Serbia) and us to beat Serbia in the last game (which is possible if we keep 11 on the pitch)

The penalty was fair enough but a red card is a ###### disgrace, the biggest game for us at this world cup and the ref in a split second can adjudge there was intention and send him off

So not only did we have to do without Cahill for the game because of an overzealous card giver but now we go into the most important game without Kewell, ###### fantastic!

Mind you, ten men down and we still drew, that was the heart and commitment I always expect to see

Denying a goal scoring opportunity is an automatic red card offence neekoy, thats the laws of the game. If the referee hadnt shown a red after giving a penalty, that ref wouldnt be refeering another game in this tournament.

So dont be hard on the ref who is only applying the Laws of the game as hes supposed to.

• Backroom

Was impressed with Ghana in the first half, but they've been very poor thus far in the 2nd. Just letting Germany control possession and the tempo. They look knackered already :(

• Backroom

Serbia have been really disappointing in this tournament. Considering everybody seemed to think they were a great team they've not really shown much. Extremely lucky to beat Germany, beaten by Ghana and being soundly beaten by Austrailia.

Who was it who had them as their "dark horses" for the world cup?

Pretty much everybody I think.

If Ghana had a good striker or two they'd be a really good team as it is they pay the price for not being able to put the ball in the back of the net, although it didn't cost them tonight but I suspect it will do sooner or later.

Serbia have been really disappointing in this tournament. Considering everybody seemed to think they were a great team they've not really shown much. Extremely lucky to beat Germany, beaten by Ghana and being soundly beaten by Austrailia.

I was one of the people who really expected a lot from Serbia. They have quality players throughout the side, but for whatever reason, they just couldn't get it going. I saw them in qualifying and they were brilliant, but they haven't been able to take this form into the World Cup. I think Antic put too much faith in Zigic, who has been awful. They looked so much better when Pantelic and Lazovic were on. Ah well, it's their own fault.

I like the look of this young German side. They have good players all over the place, who are comfortable on the ball and can create. It should be a good game against England.

I don't think I've been in a happier stadium than at the end of the game last night after Germany won then Ghana also qualified. Everyone was hugging each other and celebrating together. We really wanted Ghana to score, but I thought that as soon as Germany scored their goal then they were able to close the game down and see it out. But bring them on!

Pretty much everybody I think.

Not me,

For some reason some of the worst teams in the last 3 world cups were East european ones; Poland, Serbia in 06, and Serbia/Slovakia this time around.

In fact, I dont recall the Slavic countries doing anything noteworthy in the WC since 1998 when Croatia came 3rd.

Serbia, Czechs, Poland have all underperformed in recent world cups

Archived