BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group F Discussion - Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay, Slovakia

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super happy with that, if only Chris Wood's shot had snuck in. Now we just need to beat Paraguay and we top the group :lol:

White is the new Black!!

Nelsen was immense, should be proud of himself and the team.

Just a thought, if the next 2 fixtures are draws with the same goals scored, Italy and New Zealand will be joint 2nd with nothing seperating them. Who will go through and why?

a. greater number of points obtained in all the group matches;

b. goal difference resulting from all the group matches;

c. greater number of goals scored in the all the group matches;

d. greater number of points from the matches between the tied teams;

e. goal difference resulting from matches between the tied teams;

f. greater number of goals scored in the matches between the tied teams;

g. drawing of lots by the Organising Committee.

if it comes down to option G, I somehow doubt they would draw NZ's name out of the hat.

Nelsen was incredible last night, although I'm Australian, I'm immensely proud of our neighbours' performance and that of our Rovers captain! Paraguay will be a tough game for them though, I will be shocked if they manage to qualify, but they should rightly be proud even if they don't.

Will be interesting to see if any of the All Whites get transfered after the cup ends.

Before they left NZ, there was rumours that Club Brugge was looking at Shane Smeltz on the back of his 2 A-League golden boot awards. Simon Elliott is unattached (and is an veteran at 36), but wants to rejoin an old club of his in the MLS. The last 6 months of Chris Killen's Celtic contract was taken over by 'boro, unsure if they offered him a new contract or not. Winston Reid might be the only one, could see him at a mid table Championship club in the near future.

Wellington Phoenix, but im sure people will have seen his couple of mistakes in the first game. He has had a spell in the UK before, playing with Bradford City, Walsall & St Johnstone before comming back home to play in the A-League with the now defunct NZ Knights.

He would have probably been second choice if Glen Moss had of been available for the whole tournament. Moss was sent off for swearing at a ref against Fiji, and NZ football didnt appeal his 4 game ban, mainly because there wasnt anyone in the office on the deadline for the appeal to be faxed in :o Moss is available against Paraguay, if we had no chance of making it thru, im sure Moss would have played, now Im not sure.

Delighted that the Italians failed again - Hate them! :tu:

Again?? Like the four World Cups they have won and the couple of other finals they have been in? B) They'll be back, left the most creative players at home this time.

Unless you mean 'again' as in like the two games in this tournament!

Massive game tonight, but bad news has come out of the camp, with news Nelsen & Ricki Herbert, the coach, have been suffering from a 'tummy bug'. Not a great omen, since its the exact same day that we lost the Rugby World Cup final in SA, after a few players picked up a bout of food poisoning.

Nelsen will play tho, and we will need him. Recent history of games against Latin American teams is not good reading for NZ, we have been spanked alot. But no one expected us to get this close, so maybe we can do the unimaginable and qualify for the next round, and face the Dutchie's.

Fingers crossed.

White is the new Black.

I might wet myself laughing if Italy were to be knocked out. Especially if New Zealand went at their expense.

That would be brilliant.

It's not hard to imagine it happening either, I fancy a draw for the Slovakia - Italy game and New Zealand could beat Paraguay if they put in another spirited performance.

Archived