BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group G Discussion - Brazil, Ivory Coast, North Korea, Portugal

Guest Kamy100

• Backroom

Brazil three nil up looks like it could be curtains for ivory coast barring a Portugal slip up.

I do like the look of Gervinho though not afraid to run at people

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The brazilians have been awful for play acting so it's some justice there. No excuse though but I think kaka maybe put the elbow into his stomach but the face holding was horrible

Kaka off after some rivaldo esque acting from the Ivorian

I'm incensed by Jonathan Pierce and Mark Lawrenson of the BBC suggesting Kaka had been sent off for violent conduct when Kaka has received a second yellow which is for unsporting behaviour.

Violent conduct is a straight red.

These people at the beeb should really know and understand the Laws of the game rather than misinform and confuse the public, is it any wonder we are crap at a football.

and Fabiano for not coming clean when the ref asks him if hes handled the ball after scoring, doesnt look goood for all concerned, the ref, the player, the game, the world cup tournament......it will be intersting to see what FIFA do with this.

Everybody knows it wasn't a yellow, a fact that can be confirmed within about two minutes by Fifa officials. Yet he'll still miss the final group game because apparently these things can't be over-turned. I'm not sure which is more ridiculous; this fact, or the way the Ivory Coast player went down.

It's not karma, it's two wrong decisions that the 4th official would have cleared up by using video replays.

FIFA need to either bring in video replays during games or make an example of the cheats and reinstate the innocent.

Unfortunately in my opinion I doubt they'll do either.

• Backroom

What a ridiculous sending off.

The ironic thing being that Ivory Coast need Brazil to win their next match, and that little piece of disgraceful behaviour has robbed Brazil of one of their best players for that final group match.

What a ridiculous sending off.

The ironic thing being that Ivory Coast need Brazil to win their next match, and that little piece of disgraceful behaviour has robbed Brazil of one of their best players for that final group match.

The Ivory coast player made a meal of it for sure but it was a yellow card and it was his second so he had to go, the Ivory coast player ran straight for Kaka because he knew he was wound up and would get a reaction.

Since when has elbowing someone in the ribs not been a yellow card? Ok the ref didnt see it but he did see the Brazil player handle the ball twice before his goal and he still allowed it and was nice enough to ask him after the goal if he handled it :blink:

The Ivory coast player made a meal of it for sure but it was a yellow card and it was his second so he had to go, the Ivory coast player ran straight for Kaka because he knew he was wound up and would get a reaction.

Since when has elbowing someone in the ribs not been a yellow card? Ok the ref didnt see it but he did see the Brazil player handle the ball twice before his goal and he still allowed it and was nice enough to ask him after the goal if he handled it :blink:

If that's right I expect to see 15 yellow cards at every corner!

Never a yellow. He raised his arm a little bit, but the game was getting a bit tasty and he was stopping someone barging into him.

Have you played the game much BW?

If that's right I expect to see 15 yellow cards at every corner!

Never a yellow. He raised his arm a little bit, but the game was getting a bit tasty and he was stopping someone barging into him.

Have you played the game much BW?

When the game is at boiling point which it was and you do that you are going to get carded wether the ref saw it or not, I was more refering to the time he did it than the actual offence. I understand that at every corner or set piece it goes on but when the worlds eyes are on you when things are becoming heated you do that and you are asking for trouble.

I have played plenty of football but only at pub level where an elbow to the face is compulsory :rolleyes:

When the game is at boiling point which it was and you do that you are going to get carded wether the ref saw it or not, I was more refering to the time he did it than the actual offence. I understand that at every corner or set piece it goes on but when the worlds eyes are on you when things are becoming heated you do that and you are asking for trouble.

I have played plenty of football but only at pub level where an elbow to the face is compulsory :rolleyes:

You're right, pub footy has it's own special rules. :)

The game was getting tasty and there was going to be a flare up. As you said, though, the ref didn't see it and I can't see how the lino did, either. I still don't think it should have been a booking. He didn't really do 'owt!

You're right, pub footy has it's own special rules. :)

The game was getting tasty and there was going to be a flare up. As you said, though, the ref didn't see it and I can't see how the lino did, either. I still don't think it should have been a booking. He didn't really do 'owt!

Well I have Argentina in a sweepstake so maybe I was being a tad harsh :blush:

• Backroom

Come on, he barely touched him. If that's worthy of a yellow you'd not have any players left on the pitch by half time.

The ref did have a bad performance, though. Not the first!

Why do supposodely talented players continually feel the need to dive, feign injury etc.

The players need to take some responsibility and understand why the referee may react in the way he did.

Kaka was involving himself in several arguments.The Brazil coach Dunga should have been sent to the stands for his histrionics on the sidelines.

I too felt it was a clear yellow card and therefore a sending off, even if the Ivorian player reacted quite shamelessly. An elaborate elbow to the chest must surely result in a yellow, even if you're a puppy-like Brazilian...

im sure i watched a different incident to others on here. Kaka didn't raise his elbow at all, all he did was put his hand out to prevent the ivorian running in to him. never a warning never mind a 2nd yellow

IMO anyone found to be diving/simulating should receive a red card/ban (if the ref doesn't spot it the FA can (whether they will or not is a different story)

I was very impressed by the Brazilians. They have two sides to their game which will make them difficult to beat. They are strong defensively and in the middle of the park where Felipe Melo and Gilberto Silva destroy anything coming through. This protection all their four extremely talented front players to go and create things. The second goal had two handballs which shouldn't have been missed. As for the sending off, I thought that it was a joke too. The referee didn't see it and reacted on the strength of seeing some guy rolling around on the ground holding his face. I hope Fifa do something to ban the Ivorian player for his play acting.

Archived