BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Red Dwarf

Being filmed next year ..yay

Really? Haven't seen that in any of the usual sources. Good news if true as long as it is better than Back to Earth. Having said that, it was ok, just lack humour due to no laughter track / no studio audience.

Hope Rob Grant is back on board as everything Doug Naylor has done by himself is a little flat and devoid of humour.

Really? Haven't seen that in any of the usual sources. Good news if true as long as it is better than Back to Earth. Having said that, it was ok, just lack humour due to no laughter track / no studio audience.

Hope Rob Grant is back on board as everything Doug Naylor has done by himself is a little flat and devoid of humour.

Myself and my family are huge Red Dwarf fans.

We were so embarrassed by 'Back to Earth' that we had to turn it off.

If it goes back to it's roots then I'll be watching...

It took me a while to realise why I really didnt enjoy back to earth and a mate pointed out the lack of studio laughter was probably the main reason, he was right and I found that very strange.

My son and I sit down and watch series after series of them over and over, we just love it.

"Maybe I didnt make myself clear! dinner is served" BOOM gotta love Kryten.

Had a few invites in the past to see TV shows in manchester..Question of sport Univerity Challenge.etc.They are free..Once got an invite to be to be part of the audience a of a new show to be filmed in Manchester...No one anything about it at the time...Red Dwarf.They stopped filming at Manchester cos Audience laughed too much.I believe.

I was excited about this a few years ago until I saw that thing on Dave - totally embarrassing, if it's like that (and I expect it will be) then it's a shame to tarnish the reputation of the series.

I just can't get over how bad it was.

It was almost as if they had intended it to be bad and then made it worse.

The part in Coronation Street nearly had me in tears, horrible tears.

Use to get guest appereances from Red Dwarf cast and other TV stuff at the Fab Cafe in Portland Street Manchester..Wonder if its still going..

Yes it is. I was in there on my birthday

I'm always sceptical when they try to resurrect a popular series. Will the actors be the same? If so, they will look older. If not, it won't be the same.

My favourite of all time was what I call "Game over"; the first appearance of Duane Dibley.

Had a few invites in the past to see TV shows in manchester..Question of sport Univerity Challenge.etc.They are free..Once got an invite to be to be part of the audience a of a new show to be filmed in Manchester...No one anything about it at the time...Red Dwarf.They stopped filming at Manchester cos Audience laughed too much.I believe.

No. They stopped filming there because most of the actors were based in London and didn't want to travel any more. Their popularity had grown to the point where they could demand it (and they used to mess around too much on the journey up). It's covered on the DVD commentary to one of the series.

Use to get guest appereances from Red Dwarf cast and other TV stuff at the Fab Cafe in Portland Street Manchester..Wonder if its still going..

Cast and crew also used to regularly pop into Flea & Firkin on Oxford Road after shooting (and wasn't the Fab Cafe known as The Swinging Sporran back when Red Dwarf was filmed ?).

My favourite of all time was what I call "Game over"; the first appearance of Duane Dibley.

Back to Reality. It the episode that normally polls as peoples favourites. Cracking episode.

No. They stopped filming there because most of the actors were based in London and didn't want to travel any more. Their popularity had grown to the point where they could demand it (and they used to mess around too much on the journey up). It's covered on the DVD commentary to one of the series.

Cast and crew also used to regularly pop into Flea & Firkin on Oxford Road after shooting (and wasn't the Fab Cafe known as The Swinging Sporran back when Red Dwarf was filmed ?).

Back to Reality. It the episode that normally polls as peoples favourites. Cracking episode.

That's a good episode. My favourite one I think is 'Polymorph'.

Archived