BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Massive Threads

I've just wasted 5 minutes trying to find the first post about the potential Saurin Shah takeover which was buried deep inside an epic takeover thread that has been going for months.

What's the obsession with keeping everything in the same thread? It's like some sort of internet OCD.

After going back a dozen pages and still not being able to find the beginning of the new story I just gave up.

it's tricky i know but my advice would be to keep skipping back five to ten pages at a time, then when you get close to a date when the story was broken (only about three days ago) start searching around there.

Or use the search function.

I do agree with you though, its a bit daft that we have a thread called "Vince Grella signs" in which all the talk is about whether or not Grella is going to leave. It's a bit misleading, especially to the casual readers.

I've just wasted 5 minutes trying to find the first post about the potential Saurin Shah takeover which was buried deep inside an epic takeover thread that has been going for months.

What's the obsession with keeping everything in the same thread? It's like some sort of internet OCD.

After going back a dozen pages and still not being able to find the beginning of the new story I just gave up.

You must be a very busy person if you cant spare 5 minutes, Just to think of all the things I could have done 5 mins ago :rolleyes:

Just google it or skip 5 to 10 pages like Braddock said, rule I use is 1 page news 10 pages of disscussion.

You must be a very busy person if you cant spare 5 minutes, Just to think of all the things I could have done 5 mins ago :rolleyes:

Just google it or skip 5 to 10 pages like Braddock said, rule I use is 1 page news 10 pages of disscussion.

I don't have 5 minutes to waste as I need all my spare time to read the eight and half thousand posts in the Sam Allardyce thread

Or just PM Hughesy. :rolleyes:

Hughesy is one of the reasons that we have so many pages. I have put him and the other serial poster thenodrog on ignore and browsing has become far more pleasant.

It's nigh on impossible if you're away from the internet for any length of time to see what is actually news and whats just 100s of pages of drivel.

I got back from the States on Thursday evening, and didn't even realise there was a serious bid to buy Rovers until late yesterday due to thinking the relevant thread was retreading the same ground as it had been for weeks prior to my holiday.

If it weren't for Wen Y Hu's excellent summary thread, then it'd be not a case of "wasting 5 minutes" looking for things, it'd be hours.

It's nigh on impossible if you're away from the internet for any length of time to see what is actually news and whats just 100s of pages of drivel.

I got back from the States on Thursday evening, and didn't even realise there was a serious bid to buy Rovers until late yesterday due to thinking the relevant thread was retreading the same ground as it had been for weeks prior to my holiday.

If it weren't for Wen Y Hu's excellent summary thread, then it'd be not a case of "wasting 5 minutes" looking for things, it'd be hours.

Surely anything worth reading about would be available on the LT website or even the News section here. This is a forum for discussion/speculation/debate, not a newsreel.

Surely anything worth reading about would be available on the LT website or even the News section here. This is a forum for discussion/speculation/debate, not a newsreel.

And it can't be both in the messageboard?

Might as well have just one huge thread - "Everything to do with Rovers in the world" - and be done with it. Or put another way, "Hughesy says".

Archived