BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Creating A Website

I want to create a personal website but my knowledge of website building is virtually zero and I try to avoid anything too technical as my brain will probably explode if I think too much. I plan to use my website to write a blog, post pictures and just general pages about what i'm up to etc.

A friend of mine recommended that I used a website builder/creator but unfortunately didn't recommend any that I should try. Can anyone on here recommend any for me to have a look at or maybe point me in the direction of some useful information about creating a website?

Try moonfruit. It's really easy to use. Hughesy put me onto it and I've created a couple of sites on it. Have a look at www.thepinkvilla.com and www.elitefives.com for a couple of examples.

You don't need to know anything about web design to use it.

Why not use MySpace or Facebook?

I've already got a Facebook account but would like something more personal

Try moonfruit. It's really easy to use. Hughesy put me onto it and I've created a couple of sites on it. Have a look at www.thepinkvilla.com and www.elitefives.com for a couple of examples.

You don't need to know anything about web design to use it.

Cheers, I'll take a look!

If you want to learn how to build a website I recommend the free WYSIWYG programme Kompozer. There's some very good tutorials to get you going, just google. It's frustrating at first but it doesn't take long to get a basic grip of html & CSS and what can be done.

Archived