BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fixture List

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a decent fixture list to me. A bunch of challenging games to start with which we will not win all of them but for sure will not lose all of them either. Glad we have one of the big teams at Ewood before they settle although I guess Wenger wll have Arsenal organised and firing to avoid dropping out of the race like they did this time.

Everton at home probably a banker draw whilst surely we cannot be as bad at Brum as we were last season?

City away could be tricky- they have a stinking start to the season and will probably be desperate for points when we arrive at the Council Stadium.

Rather like last season, December looks a doozy- let's hope we don't totally screw it up like we did last year!

I am more concerned that we are visiting relegation candidates in our last two away games than I am about the Mancs being our last home fixture- so much for me wanting them first up!

I expect that this season, there will be a lot fewer games where Rovers will be geared up to a damage limitation exercise. We should have enough about us under Sam to give every opponent a serious challenge.

The away section at the seaside will be 3000 supporters for every top rated fixture, 2000 for the low graded games and FA Cup and 1000 for the league cup fixtures.

Blackpool fans don't seem to think is likely as they could easily sell the total for st holders alone. They are informed it will be a straight 2500 approx for every game regardless like Burnley did last season.

Anyone know how many who will take the trip to Birmingham 21th september? Never been on a Birmingham-away game before, but going for this one..

First home game of the season for Birmingham, so their rent a mob stewards will be full of adrenelene. <_<

Anyone know how many who will take the trip to Birmingham 21th september? Never been on a Birmingham-away game before, but going for this one..

I would have thought anybody who wants to guarantee a Blackpool ticket will have to go to this one.

MB

Have checked the suggested information with the relevant authority at Blackpool and that is the proposal under the current safety certificate application.

Bpoo are making every effort to get another 500 seats to make the numbers up.

Not suggesting I don't believ you mate just struck me as very bizarre so i was interested to find out more.

The only times clubs normally categorise games A & B etc is when they don't always sell out away ends so they make the most of it against the big followings etc by bumping the prices. You'd expect Blackpool to be in the same boat as Burnley last year in that the allocation will be sold by all clubs, in fact more than Burnley, and as such no sensible reason to have different sizes of allocations.

Thinking about it logically, I suppose it will boil down to the issue of if they are allowed to put the extra 500 seats in rather than what is currently proposed.

We have a lasher in the office who is very up to speed with their developments at the ground. Looks like they are going to have a very decent training facility compared to the north and south beaches !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Supporters should note as always that there will be changes due to TV selections, the first batch of these are expected to be announced by July 2nd.

Any more updates on this anyone? Announcements due very soon now I'd guess.

Any more updates on this anyone? Announcements due very soon now I'd guess.

Just been on the official site and it says TV games out on Monday. I don’t if any one knows this but there is a full Fixture list on FA CUP FINAL DAY and we play Moan u. Has anyone known this happen before.

Just been on the official site and it says TV games out on Monday. I don’t if any one knows this but there is a full Fixture list on FA CUP FINAL DAY and we play Moan u. Has anyone known this happen before.

Oh yea! How strange. Just shows how unimportant the fa cup is becoming if they're putting it on the same day as normal league fixtures.

The reason it's happened is because the Champions League final next season is at Wembley. As a result it's meant the play offs, cup final etc have all had to come forward. Obviously they would have liked to have started the season early but as it's World Cup year that was a no no as well.

Archived