BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Robbie Savage Is The Best Bbc Pundit On Radio

CrazyIvan

I heard Robbie Savage on the radio listening to the Portugal v Ivory Coast and he was absolutely brilliant. He makes Lawrenson looks like the moaning, miserable little git he really is. Robbie commenting that he was looking forward to the traffic bulletin summed up the match but made me laugh out loud. 

If you get the chance to listen, do so. Robbie is just brilliant and very, very funny.

Is he doing co-commentating for every match on the BBC Radio?

He has done the Germany Aussie game and todays. He is doing some more but not sure which ones. On today’s game he said it was so bad he would donate his fee to charity. The difference between ITV and BBC are a miles apart.

Certainly more interesting than the average 'expert'! Think something was said today about him covering the games in Nelspruit next, so according to my wallchart that's Honduras v Chile tomorrow (17th), Italy v NZ on 20th, and Australia v Serbia on 23rd.

Brainiac Of The Day

"I went for a 30 minute run on the beach with someone this morning and commented that the altitude wasn't really affecting me until they pointed out we were on the beach" - Robbie Savage shows why the BBC are grooming him to be their new star.

(sorry, nicked from Football 365)

Glad to see the predictions coming true ...

QUOTE (Tris @ Mar 22 2009, 14:59 ) Savage is on Radio 5 Live at the moment, practicing for his Hordens appearance as the co-commentator for Wigan v Hull.

QUOTE (TCO @ Apr 26 2009, 22:07 ) He was doing commentary for five live, apparently he reitterated the point that Tugay was the best player he ever played with.

His 5 live work drawing praise from the most unlikely source (Brian Moore's column in last Thursday's Daily Telegraph)

Savage a breath of fresh air

QUOTE Radio 5 Live's football coverage this week included as a co-commentator a player who would be nobody's selection in a list of the top 10 most articulate footballers (if that is not an oxymoron) – Robbie Savage.

However, his observations and thoughts made during the Aston Villa v Hull match were entertaining, direct and refreshing; a mile away from Sir Trevor Brooking's ubiquitous: "Well, I'm sure he wishes he'd done better."

Savage's musings were made in the accent and language of the very common man, but this did not matter because he added colour and insight and was not afraid to be direct about fellow professionals when he thought it was justified. Surely it will not be long before he takes his place in the BBC's Match of the Day panel.

Got to say he has been very good on the radio, was a very interesting discussion earlier with him, the presenter (not sure who) and Graham Taylor about England. He says what he is thinking and doesn't just roll out the old cliches that many presenters do.

I think he's brilliant...he made a great game even better yesterday with his comments and excitement during the New Zealand Italy game...had me in stitches..Loved his honesty concerning the Italian penalty, when he admitted he'd thrown himself to the floor countless time's when getting a little tug on his shirt to try and win free kicks and penalties and now having seen the Italian take a dive how embarrassing he felt for all those times...and no wonder he's one of the most hated footballers in British football.... And at the end wanting to join his old mate Ryan Nelsen and get on the lash with them....Tremendous!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I do- his tweets are a bit terrible, and he gets his whinge on a lot as well!

True. He's very entertaining on Radio 5 Live, but he also makes a tit of himself. For example, last Saturday a caller said there's too much money at stake not to use goal-line technology. Savage flew off the handle and thought the guy was (somehow) bitching about player's wages.

True. He's very entertaining on Radio 5 Live, but he also makes a tit of himself. For example, last Saturday a caller said there's too much money at stake not to use goal-line technology. Savage flew off the handle and thought the guy was (somehow) bitching about player's wages.

I give Savage one month then he's out the door at 5 live.

Was it last week when he was accusing a caller of being a "liar" on and on he kept bluntly using the word "liar".Not sure of the outcome but the host was trying to calm him down just before I had to switch off,he had lost his rag totally.

Savage simply does'nt have enough upstairs.Each time he makes a point or answers a question his conversation always reverts to Robbie.when Robbie was at Leicester,when Robbie was working with Sparky Sparky Sparky etc etc.Savage was and always will be a one dimentional @#/?.

Have a nice weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

I give Savage one month then he's out the door at 5 live.

Was it last week when he was accusing a caller of being a "liar" on and on he kept bluntly using the word "liar".Not sure of the outcome but the host was trying to calm him down just before I had to switch off,he had lost his rag totally.

Savage simply does'nt have enough upstairs.Each time he makes a point or answers a question his conversation always reverts to Robbie.when Robbie was at Leicester,when Robbie was working with Sparky Sparky Sparky etc etc.Savage was and always will be a one dimentional @#/?.

Have a nice weekend.

Overstepped the mark big time there. He needs to be more professional or he'll be dropped like a hot potato.

Archived