BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Goal Of The Tournament

Stuart

I know it's still only part way through but has anyone got an opinion yet on the goal of the tournament.

I thought that the Tshabalala's goal for South Africa in the opening match was a fantastic strike and few have really stood up to it.

Anyone got any better ones in mind?

I know it's still only part way through but has anyone got an opinion yet on the goal of the tournament.

I thought that the Tshabalala's goal for South Africa in the opening match was a fantastic strike and few have really stood up to it.

Anyone got any better ones in mind?

Forlans first against South Africa

In a tournament being talked about for its caginess, we've been treated to some wonderful goals.

The best goals I've seen so far (and in no particular order):

Fabio Quagliarella's goal for Italy this afternoon was absolutely brilliant.

Honda's scorcher against Denmark earlier was the best strike of the tournament yet as far as I'm concerned.

Endo's free-kick was also fantastic.

Gerrard's goal against the Yanks was a cracker.

Maicon's pearler against the Romuluns was out of this world (pun intended).

Elano also scored a beautiful goal in that game. His goal against Cote d'Ivoire was also brilliant in its build-up.

I thought the excellent Michael Bradley's equaliser against Slovenia was outstanding for its drama.

Ozil's goal last night against Ghana was awesome.

Rommedahl's goal against Cameroon was class.

Bendtner's goal in the same game was also excellent.

Birsa's curler against the Americans was top-drawer.

Higuain's third goal against South Korea was a lovely end to a beautiful move.

Forlan's opener against South Africa was brilliant (small deflection off Mokoena notwithstanding).

Vera's finish for Paraguay against Slovakia was fabulous.

At least three of the goals in Portugal's 7-0 demolition of North Korea were world class in their execution.

Villa's first goal against Honduras was awesome.

Archived