BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vuvuzela'S At Ewood Park

Has anybody who has said no so far actually been to a game where vuvuzelas have been used?

Consensus from SA is they sound great within the stadium, just crap on TV.

Can't see them taking off over here though. Different culture.

I have attended 5 matches including an England match. The noise is definately worse on TV than in the stadium. I think the fancy microphones that the broadcasters use amplify things a bit.

In terms of Vuvuzela use at Ewood, I don't think this will be any worse than the drummers or that idiot @ Pompey with the bells. Remember, at WC we are talking about anything in the region of 10K plus all blasting in unison. I wouldn't imagine there would be more than 20 at any given Rovers match.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walking in London this morning when I thought "Oh No! a vuvuzuela!"

Turned out it was a guy using an electronic sander on a pub window frame.

If your still in London, you'll obviously need some sustenance. May I recommend a lovely little Italian I know on Seymour Street??

8 Seymour Street

London W1H 7JZ

020 7935 9088

I'd recommend spending the whole day there in all honesty lovely place.

• 2 weeks later...

ban the buggers - I want to listen to Rovers supporters suporting Rovers - I do not want listen to a swarm of flies...

One of the things that adds to the uniqueness and appeal of The English Premier League is the wit & spontaniety of the crowds songs

When watching on TV I bet I could close my eyes & name which teams are playing just from listening to the crowd

The songs are all part of a football clubs identity

bring in these stupid horns and you'll start to lose that...

Would be a massive backwards step for any club

Spurs have banned vuvuzelas but Blackpool want them.

Obviously they are expecting all these new supporters won't know what to do once inside a football ground.

And Rovers fans do ??????

Would'nt be surprised at all the see dozens of Rovers fans next season sporting their obligitory court jesters hats plus vuvuzelas.

Please please please BAN them!

Can we have a vote on here, then pass the results on to the Rovers board? Just when we have got some sort of atmosphere back at Ewood we dont want to lose it to that bloody droning din. And the club do need to declare an official line on this, as Arsenal & Spurs have - even if the home fans agree they'll not take them we need to be able to make sure away fans cant bring them in.

What a set of miserable buggers we are!!

A few here and there won't do any harm will they?

I'd see them as part of the mix but can't see them catching on any more than the mexican wave fad that briefly tried to make itself part of football experience

Archived