BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Capello'S Future

tcj_jones

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If firing Pearce and Clement and replacing them with Italians doesn't send a message that England coaching is in crisis, I don't know what does.

At least England should improve at international level.

I didn't know about the above, but I'm sure I heard on Breakfast TV this morning that Capello wants to appoint an English coach.

Watching Ince on SSN this morning brought back painful memories. The compulsive 'you knows' and looking like he was going to burst into tears at any moment. Yeah, Sky, let's consult Paul Ince about Fabio Capello's management, the guy who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

Ince is not currently a worse manager than Capello. Both are at the very bottom of the deepest well. Neither have the tiniest clue of how to structure their team. But actually - Ince did get us Robinson. So just for that, he is better.

Ince is not currently a worse manager than Capello. Both are at the very bottom of the deepest well. Neither have the tiniest clue of how to structure their team. But actually - Ince did get us Robinson. So just for that, he is better.

What trophies has Ince won as a manager????

There's only one manager in the whole world who's worse than Ince and that's Brian Laws.

How can getting rid of a top keeper and replacing him with one nowhere near as good be better? :blink:

Answer without any reference to age please Mr E.

Ince is not currently a worse manager than Capello. Both are at the very bottom of the deepest well.

No, one has just left League One, and the other is sitting on a multi-million pound contract.

Dont think football is your forte Mr.E with this stupid assumption. You've got to be one of Thenodrogs under 35 year olds :tu:

You consistently make some of the dimmest comments I've ever seen on the internet. And considering the internet is a groundswell of outright stupidity, that's saying something.

Watching Ince on SSN this morning brought back painful memories. The compulsive 'you knows' and looking like he was going to burst into tears at any moment. Yeah, Sky, let's consult Paul Ince about Fabio Capello's management, the guy who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

I always seem to get angry when I see this clampet getting interviewed. As you say, it is painful just to watch him. Expert opinion??!? I think not. Not sure how he seems to crop up in various places telling us what he mmmmm....you know, thinks. :wacko:

And as for Ince being preferable to Fabio Capello - someone obviously has a very short memory. Capello's grasp of English is better just for a start.

Fabio Capello was a no-show for England U19's semi-final with Spain today. Would have been a massive morale boost for the young players, and would show that Capello actually gives a damn about England's potential young stars. Oh, well.

Were any other international managers there?

I don't happen to know, but it's besides the point, isn't it? England have returned from a wretched World Cup campaign, and have placed an emphasis on developing and integrating young talent, but Capello couldn't even take time out of his 'busy schedule' to visit ONE game?

I don't happen to know, but it's besides the point, isn't it? England have returned from a wretched World Cup campaign, and have placed an emphasis on developing and integrating young talent, but Capello couldn't even take time out of his 'busy schedule' to visit ONE game?

But this U19 team contains hardly any of England's brightest young talents. Rodwell, Cleverley, Wilshere, Lansbury, Jones, Smalling, Gibbs, Sears etc are the ones Capello should be watching. Out of the U19s out there now the only real names there are Delfouneso, Bostock and Noublé. Also when you factor in the fact he's retiring in two years so only needs to be watching the players he's going to look to blood in the next two years and I don't think it wouldve been a very relevant exercise.

But this U19 team contains hardly any of England's brightest young talents. Rodwell, Cleverley, Wilshere, Lansbury, Jones, Smalling, Gibbs, Sears etc are the ones Capello should be watching. Out of the U19s out there now the only real names there are Delfouneso, Bostock and Noublé. Also when you factor in the fact he's retiring in two years so only needs to be watching the players he's going to look to blood in the next two years and I don't think it wouldve been a very relevant exercise.

Players like Jones have already proved how quickly one can advance through the ranks. In two years, players from that U19 side could very easily be on the periphery of the full squad. And like someone else said, it would have been an excellent PR exercise after the shambles of the World Cup.

Players like Jones have already proved how quickly one can advance through the ranks. In two years, players from that U19 side could very easily be on the periphery of the full squad. And like someone else said, it would have been an excellent PR exercise after the shambles of the World Cup.

If they get to the periphery of the full squad they'll have played plenty at club level. But I think given the amount of much better young talent we have waiting who didn't go, given that we'll need a bit of experience in the side as well as youth, it's quite unlikely more than one or maximum two of those players will be talked about as serious England contenders over the next two years, or even over the next four years.

And PR exercises mean absolutely nothing. I don't want any manager doing something just so he'll get good headlines in the papers.

Archived