BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Quarter Finals Discussion

Guest Kamy100

It would be good to know how many of the French World Cup winning team were actually born in France.

Recently saw a picture of Zidane with walking round with a Algeria flag.

If you look at the German team in this tournament some of theirs are also foreign. m

Maybe that's where we went wrong.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good free kick, but the keeper should really be saving it. He had no reason to commit like that to the side that his wall was covering, no matter what any of these idiots on tv start saying about "late movement".

So Brasil play the beautiful game beautifully do they?

Not when they are not winning! They become extremely dirty barstewards. Glad they're out.

Your glad, I'm cheesed off I had £30.00 on them winning the World Cup. :angry2:

Wow. What drama.

Surely Suarez could have headed that ball? The pressure completely got to Gyan there as well, he's just thumped it after a short run up.

Got to be Uruguay now hasn't it? That will have devastated Ghana.

Guest Kamy100

Great ending to the match, feel sorry for Ghana but fantastic spirit shown by the Uruguay.

Can't believe how biased ITV have been towards Ghana, giving Uruguay no credit whatsoever.

Gotta feel for Ghana really, particularly given the nature of the 120th minute Gyan penalty miss. Suarez really deseres to play no more part in the rest of the tournament for his blatant cheating getting his team through in my opinion. Is it a 2 game ban for a straight red? - I hope so. Can't see how he would deserve to play in a World Cup final after that act. This was emphasised by his cheerful reaction to the ET penalty miss. Shame on him.

• Backroom

Suarez gets a one game ban so could potentially play in the world cup final after that, disgrace really.

Gutted for Ghana though especially Gyan who gave it his all

A brilliant end to the game. Ghana were inches away from a semi-final place yet now go home in tears. Uruguay showed great bottle to win in penalties. So many emotions in such a short amount of time. Football can be so cruel but moments like this is why I bloody love football!

Gotta feel for Ghana really, particularly given the nature of the 120th minute Gyan penalty miss. Suarez really deseres to play no more part in the rest of the tournament for his blatant cheating getting his team through in my opinion. Is it a 2 game ban for a straight red? - I hope so. Can't see how he would deserve to play in a World Cup final after that act. This was emphasised by his cheerful reaction to the ET penalty miss. Shame on him.

Oh come on, I don't think the initial free kick should have been awarded.

This guy did what he had to do, if that was Chris Samba who did that in a important game for Rovers would you say he cheated ,I doubt it.

Ghana could have won the game the ref gave them a penalty which they missed.

No way can you call Suarez a cheat ,Maradonna well that's a differant story.

If Samba did it for Blackburn then I would be ###### off because we would have won by cheating. Not everyone wants to win at all costs. Cheating is unacceptable and I think most football fans would rather win by being the better team.

It's a shame that some people think winning by cheating is acceptable.

Considering the way Mensah took his penalty he was probably chosen purely upon him being team captain and supposed to "step up and take responsibility". It's just such a cliché, either you are suited as a penalty taker or you aren't. Mensah obviously weren't, I really think the blame is on Rajevac for taking the easy way out in picking him.

Uruguay winning actually left me with a lump in my throat. Ghana has played brilliantly as a team all tournament, especially today.

Oh come on, I don't think the initial free kick should have been awarded.

This guy did what he had to do, if that was Chris Samba who did that in a important game for Rovers would you say he cheated ,I doubt it.

Ghana could have won the game the ref gave them a penalty which they missed.

No way can you call Suarez a cheat ,Maradonna well that's a differant story.

If Chris Samba did it in an important game of course I would say he cheated, because he would have done. That cannot be denied. Suarez cheated, plain and simple, but to be honest I take particular umbridge with the fact that he will be able to contribute further to the outcome of the tournament. He committed the crime, it got his team through, fair enough - but for me, that should be his tournament over.

Eh? Of course Suarez is a cheat! He threw his hands in front of the ball to make a save.

Granted Gyan should have scored the penalty but it just goes to show that there is no honesty in football, and it's the cheats that prosper.

I guess it has always been this way.

• Backroom

It's not cheating, it's part of the game. He knew the consequences, didn't try to deny that he'd done it, and was justly punished for it.

Brilliant by Suarez.

Brilliant? Come off it how was that brilliant when he could have probably headed it?

If Samba did it for Blackburn then I would be ###### off because we would have won by cheating. Not everyone wants to win at all costs. Cheating is unacceptable and I think most football fans would rather win by being the better team.

It's a shame that some people think winning by cheating is acceptable.

Behave!

Most partisan football fans would say 'he took one for the team', victory is what it is all about for me.

He was penalised and his team was penalised.

If cheating is part of the game then we might as well not bother playing. :rolleyes:

Tim, you do talk sense most times however, on this occasion I have to disagree.

What did you expect Suarez to do move out of the way and see his country get knocked out.

He has received his punishment he'll miss possibly the biggest game of his life.

And going back to your point about Samba , last seconds of an FA Cup final you'd be jumping up and down with the rest of us.

Tim, you do talk sense most times however, on this occasion I have to disagree.

What did you expect Suarez to do move out of the way and see his country get knocked out.

He has received his punishment he'll miss possibly the biggest game of his life.

And going back to your point about Samba , last seconds of an FA Cup final you'd be jumping up and down with the rest of us.

I expected him to attempt to get the ball without cheating. It really is that simple.

In the hypothetical situation of Samba handballing it, I would be ashamed that we won a final by cheating. I'm surprised more people wouldn't be.

I guess it comes down to whether you condone cheating or not. Maybe it's just how I've been brought up but I think it's sad if my view is shared by the minority.

Archived