BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nfl 2010-2011

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has to be the worst half time act I have seem. Not sure if its the mics but to me black eyed peas can not sing! That being said I liked slash played, he has got to be one of the coolest guys ever!

Hope the steelers can get back in it, always enjoy a tight finale, packers to win.

I`ve always liked American football. Have done for about 25 years. Even played about during my teens.

However, the superbowl really is an over hyped atmosphericless load of nonsense.

100,000 fans but they just don`t get going like a football ( soccer ) crowd.

Watched "Superbowl - the Greatest Show on Earth" from BBC Inside Sport before. Pretty good summation of what all the fuss is about really, be quite good to show it to others who don't 'get' NFL!

It's on iplayer until Saturday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00yf50k/Inside_Sport_Superbowl_The_Biggest_Show_On_Earth/

I`ve always liked American football. Have done for about 25 years. Even played about during my teens.

However, the superbowl really is an over hyped atmosphericless load of nonsense.

100,000 fans but they just don`t get going like a football ( soccer ) crowd.

But on a neutral field with most tickets being corporate and costing $800, it never will have the atmosphere. The game itself was good, though, as it has been the last several years.

Watched this with 300 other steelers fans in a "Stillers" bar in NYC... Congrats to the Pack, but Ive been gutted for nearly a week now.... Rovers lose to Wigan, Stillers lose XLV, Everyone on the pens is hurt, the US match was cancelled (for good reason though) not a good sports week for me... But I booked my flight and will be at Ewood in April!!!!

• 1 month later...

So yesterday the CBA expired, the NFLPA decertified and filed an anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL ("Brady, Manning and Brees vs NFL") and the NFL imposed a lockout.

There'll still be a draft on April 28th, but drafted players cannot be signed by their teams. And at the moment, there'll be no 2011 NFL season.

Hope you get college games on TV in the UK.

Archived