BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Raoul Moat

Having just seen/heard the footage from the final moments of last night's stand-off on Sky News, it sounded like at least 3 shots .... perhaps the 30 mins between the shots and the Police allowing the paramedics to attend to him were to allow the boys in blue to get their story straight?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I thought there was one shot then a couple of bangs when the camera man or whoever messed with the mic to capture what wad going on

I thought there was one shot then a couple of bangs when the camera man or whoever messed with the mic to capture what wad going on

I guess it's too poor quality to tell for sure. I was just playing the sceptic .... ;)

On the BBC, and eyewitness said they thought they heard two shots.

There will be no conspiracy though. The medical staff would be able to tell the difference between a wound from a sawed-off shotgun fired from inches away, and a sniper/police rifle from distance.

The cover up would stretch far beyond the police force if that was to be kept quiet.

Shot by two police officers with tazers according to the news. I can't think why they would do that after he'd shot himself in the head, and if they tazered him before that then there's a very good chance the involuntary reaction to a 50,000 volt shock would have caused him to pull the trigger, thus shooting himself as a result of the police action.

Not even 24 hours gone, and what at first seemed to be a simple explanation of a single, self-inflicted gunshot has suddenly become not quite as nice and neat ....

I really can't imagine anything dodgy went on. You have god knows how many media networks there.

What could they have done to retrieve him alive? If he has a shotgun to his head and his fiunger presumably on the trigger then knocking him out runs the risk that he'll pull the tri9gger as he loses consciousness.

the whole thing makes me feel queasy. I don't lkike to see anyone, no matter how messed up they are, throwing their life away and taking others with them.

Apparently ITV news sent a message via police to Moat asking him to shoot himself at a certain time so it didn't clash with the adverts.

Classy

Having just seen/heard the footage from the final moments of last night's stand-off on Sky News, it sounded like at least 3 shots .... perhaps the 30 mins between the shots and the Police allowing the paramedics to attend to him were to allow the boys in blue to get their story straight?

What utter crap, its a safety issue to ensure no further life is lost, he recovery of evidence.

You cannot hide a bullet being fired nor can you disguise a taser being fired.

I suggest you think before posting shyte like you did.

What a load of bollux.

A man murdered, woman shot, policeman shot in his car and a community shrouded in fear as some ex con loiters in a storm drain ready to strike again.

This might be as popular as a fart in a lift with some, but I can't help wondering if this bloke hadn't shot and injured a copper as one of his victims would there have been a week long operation involving 15 UK police forces (including the Northern Irish force sending armoured vehicles)?

This might be as popular as a fart in a lift with some, but I can't help wondering if this bloke hadn't shot and injured a copper as one of his victims would there have been a week long operation involving 15 UK police forces (including the Northern Irish force sending armoured vehicles)?

Cutting insight there. Of course there wouldn't have been, that's always been the case.

I can't believe they didn't think to look in the storm drain while they were spending 4 million quid on trying to find him!

Guest Kamy100

Cutting insight there. Of course there wouldn't have been, that's always been the case.

I can't believe they didn't think to look in the storm drain while they were spending 4 million quid on trying to find him!

Seems like police made quite a few errors during this whole episode, but agree that this is a huge oversight. Moat was right under the noses all the time.

He killed the innocent partner of his former girlfriend

He seriously injured (attempted to kill?) his former partner

He seriously injured (attempted to kill?) an unarmed police officer

Against this backdrop he issued a declaration of "war" against the police

He later extended this to the wider public

He held a whole community in terror - the kind most of us cannot begin to understand

Clearly this is a very disturbed, dangerous and armed man who, after six hours of negotiations, had made no attempt to give himself up and had very recent "form" in the use o arms

And we're discussing how many bullets were fired or whether a tazer could possibly have caused him to take his own life or whether the police were "looking after their own"????

Come on chaps - get a grip!!!

He cost the taxpayer mega money

Bit of overtime and thats about it. The police salaries and pensions are being paid no matter what. If they wern't hunting Raoul Moat they'd only have been lurking in some lay-by or other with a bacon butt in one hand and a mug of tea in the other.

Beats me given the amount of dreadful police video shows on TV at the moment (which must be hell of an earner) why they haven't thought to charge the press and media for especially informative interviews and special vantage points for the camera's. They could have made zillions by charging for up to the minute info with that Boot chap in Cumbria and now this was another wasted opportunity for profit. The public in this country would turn on in their millions to gawk at such events. A good siege and killing would be the ultimate reallity TV show wouldn't it? Big Brother wouldn't stand a chance thats for sure. A great opportunity missed to make money imo. No doubt it will occur to someone soon.

No doubt it will occur to someone soon.

Sky sources report a man has been taken hostage as he left the Clog and Billycock last night. Described as 'full figured' with a shock of ginger hair and wearing a Blackburn Rovers replica shirt, he was taken hostage by an elderly man with a spud gun and a dazed expression.

Witnesses at the scene heard muffled ranting from the crazed pensioner which at times seemed surreal, blaming the sweating ginge for having too many toilets, that he 'couldn't take anymore' and that it was all Thatcher's fault anyway.

As he turned the spud gun on himself and shouting aloud "Doctor Beeching was a C**t" Police officers overpowered the man, kicking his stick away and grabbing him by his Castro t-shirt.

As he was lead away reporters asked if he had been hiding down a storm drain for several days, a police officer replied no, he always smells like that.

Sky sources report a man has been taken hostage as he left the Clog and Billycock last night. Described as 'full figured' with a shock of ginger hair and wearing a Blackburn Rovers replica shirt, he was taken hostage by an elderly man with a spud gun and a dazed expression.

Witnesses at the scene heard muffled ranting from the crazed pensioner which at times seemed surreal, blaming the sweating ginge for having too many toilets, that he 'couldn't take anymore' and that it was all Thatcher's fault anyway.

As he turned the spud gun on himself and shouting aloud "Doctor Beeching was a C**t" Police officers overpowered the man, kicking his stick away and grabbing him by his Castro t-shirt.

As he was lead away reporters asked if he had been hiding down a storm drain for several days, a police officer replied no, he always smells like that.

full figured??? <_<

btw Nick.... Did you not see a pathetic figure with staring eyes in a dressing gown turning up at the police cordon in a taxi p1ssed up and clutching a fishing rod, a six pack of stella and a chicken leg pleading 'he's all right is Jim [Edit. Now now, Gordon, you know calling him that causes me work ;) ... Glenn ]....let me speak to him cos he's an old mate of mine'.

I couldn't make out who it was so you might like to speculate. The old git can't have many friends.

Bit of overtime and thats about it. The police salaries and pensions are being paid no matter what.

Exactly.

I absolutely hate it when figures like '£4 million' are thrown around, it's absolute ######. It happens with other things too.

• Backroom

Someone mentioned to me that his ex was obviously trying to wind him up by saying she was now with a policeman knowing his existing dislike of them.

Obviously not trying to blame her but her actions were daft really.

The murdered blokes family must be destroyed he only got involved with the girl a week before apparently.

One man dead, a woman seriously injured and now it has been revealed that the policeman shot by Moat has lost the sight of both eyes. So why are there 20,000 names offering Moat condolences on Facebook, the web site that continually attracts the terminally stupid?

Obviously not trying to blame her but her actions were daft really.

Not particularly, he had a history of beating up her & other women, she was trying to protect herself from him.

And it does appear you are blaming her.

One person, and one person alone is responsible for Moats actions and death. And that's Raoul Moat

• Backroom

Obviously it's all his fault but she knew what buttons to press to wind him up she just had no idea he'd actually snap

Archived