BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

After playing Fleetwood and Southport simultaneously on Saturday Rovers third pre season game in four days see us re-group at the slightly less seasidey destination of Deepdale. Rovers beat Southwood 22, or was it Fleetport XXII, it's difficult to be sure, 5-0 on aggregate, so an impressive start for us despite our preparation being the same as the England World Cup squad on top of a mountain in Austria.

0,,10303~8903664,00.jpg

Dunn in the new, slimming red away top.

Preston's preparation involved beating up local minnows Bamber Bridge, and latterly newly Rovers influenced Chorley on Friday night, 3-1. Curiously for Preston it must be the first time ever that when contesting this Jack Kirkland trophy that Chorley had the more famous manager. I say curiously when really I mean embarrassingly.

Our last meaningful game at Deepdale as we all know was when now Chorley coach nodded us back into the Premier League on a wonderful evening in Preston, memories of which and other games there available here.Since then we have been back there a couple of times, winning 1-0 with Paul Dickov scoring at the Town End, and latterly another pre season friendly when Santa Cruz made his debut about three years ago in our brilliant red and black halved away tops.

7622_159670500897_594900897_3556597_5069454_n.jpg

MGP demonstrating his accuracy from a dead ball situation.

To be honest I cannot remember the result that day as I had been in Deepdale working mens club since about 11.30am and lost track of events about the time the match kicked off, so apologies there, if anyone can offer more details please feel free. I do recall there was an even more refreshed bloke sat near me, but it turned out he was so relaxed he had sat in the wrong stand, as he was a Nob Ender and was promptly ejected by the worlds friendliest stewards.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Tuesday, not for the football of course that'll be rubbish. I'm just glad to get out of the house for a bit really these days...if you see me give us a wave!

Ticket details, courtesy www.Rovers.co.uk

Our allocation for this fixture is 2064 tickets, with a further allocation available if required.

Tickets are currently on open sale and will also be on sale at the ground on the day of the game available from the Alan Kelly Stand Away Ticket Booth from 6.00pm.

£10.00 Adults

£ 5.00 Seniors (aged 60 and over)

£ 5.00 Young Adults (17-20 years)

£ 5.00 Juniors (aged 16 and under)

When buying a Junior ticket for this game please carry proof of age with you.

7622_159670480897_594900897_3556593_4771209_n.jpg

Pesky Interloper.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasa jet lagged for that last friendly Ozz having just got back from Dominican Republic but didnt we win 3-0 ?

Will be there after work.

On the subject of friendly games, the train tickets have shot up a tenner for Edinburgh on 7th Aug noe £30 return.

On the subject of friendly games, the train tickets have shot up a tenner for Edinburgh on 7th Aug noe £30 return.

That'll be because the ones you will have seen were Advanced tickets, of which there are only a certain number. Once they're gone, it goes up to standard day prices.

Try the fire station on Blackpool rd,parking not restricted around ground last time visited.....I'm tempted to get a ticket tommorrow at Ewood,can see quite a good few turning up and buying on the night.

Why the hell have they only given us an initial allocation of just over 2,000?.Just open the ruddy stand for us..you think they would be glad of the cash!

**Cough** ^_^

Having had to work in the godforsaken hovel for the past 18 yrs dont park your cars near the ground. If you do dont leave anything on show, dont leave any suggestion you have a satnav (sucker markson screen) or anything else on show it will get nicked or you will have a broken window at least.

Best advice, market multi storey or the bus station and take the 10 minute walk.

Failing that park near to the Garsang Rd area and walk through the park (bot not near the toilets !!).

Last time I came to a friendly I paid to park in the car park in the park across the road from the ground. No problem. Otherwise I'd drive past the barracks (if driving past the ground) and park on the road up there. If coming up M6 come off at 31A and drive towards Preston and park on one of the streets near the White Hart It's nowhere near as bad up there as 1864roverite makes out (the advice you've given on car security is a given wherever you park these days), and certainly better where I've suggested than the estate I park on when I go to Ewood.

You take the chance Toots wherever you park on a mkatch day at pne. I can tell you car crime is more prevailent on any match day then any other day in preston.

You advocate parking near Brookfield ? Not too sure about that. deepdale, fletcher rd, skeffington, holmeslack is a nightmare for car owners and in particluar the mosques and other Asian learning facilities that have an influx of people between 1845 and 1915hrs and that isnt even considering the criminal element.

I would suggest the centre and walk to the ground.

Anyone got any parking advice for Deepdale ??

Try parking on one if the streets near the ground Plover, kingfisher, linnet no restrictions like Ewood they are all two minutes from the ground.

You could even park on Deepdale Rd which is again a 5 minutes walk .

Retail park closes at 8pm they put a gate across the main entrance however if you take the chance on the canary islands you might just regret it.

if your gonna park near the ground it has to be on the park or central. Parkwise are on duty as well as the local thieves.

Is that car park open all night?

yeah - Mc's is on there.

Edit : I dont think they put the barrier down at 8 - staff wont come out of the store's til 9/10ish but I suppose it's not worth risking. Wont be any problems on the McDonalds carpark-they never check to see if a car owner is ever in the restaurant.

I'd say parking near The Sumners should be fine - go towards the RPH and that residential area rather than right towards Brookfield. Depending on the weather I may walk down... :)

To be honest I cannot remember the result that day as I had been in Deepdale working mens club since about 11.30am and lost track of events about the time the match kicked off, so apologies there, if anyone can offer more details please feel free.

Apparantly it was 3-0 to Rovers, which rings a bell. Ooijer and two from Samba. Details from PNE Mad. They reckon Keith Treacy will play fo`t Nobbers.

Think I'm back in Deepdale WMC pre match if anyones around.

You take the chance Toots wherever you park on a mkatch day at pne. I can tell you car crime is more prevailent on any match day then any other day in preston.

You advocate parking near Brookfield ? Not too sure about that. deepdale, fletcher rd, skeffington, holmeslack is a nightmare for car owners and in particluar the mosques and other Asian learning facilities that have an influx of people between 1845 and 1915hrs and that isnt even considering the criminal element.

I would suggest the centre and walk to the ground.

TO be honest I'm confused where Brookfield is... I meant park on the road up from the barracks towards the White Hart. I don't even know if I can be bothered going tonight now in this weather now none of my mates are going. Pre season games are supposed be summertastic

Wouldn't be surprised if they called it off. It's teeming down here and doubt PNE would want their pitch ripping up for a pre-season friendly.

Hughesy will know.

My thoughts too. It's shedding down here in Preston.

Archived