BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

Our midfield is shockingly poor by Premiership standards and our striking options are practically non existent should anyone suffer a loss of form/injury/suspension.

I'm so bored of hearing this, and that's not a slight towards you, but we say it almost every season and it never changes. The tragic thing about this is that our lack of quality is mostly self-inflicted, rewarding average players with top dollar wages and then wondering why a ) we can't offload them and b ) why we can't afford new recruits.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been on the first half after work, it was truly awful.

There are almost 3000 Rovers fans in the ground and virtually none from nobend.

Ther eis no consistency, no fluidity, no heart, no drive no nothing.

Yes its a friendly but please north end are poor. They have a team that is going to struggle in the league yet were 2-0 up when I left.

I have often slated Andrews but please, he hasnt even been in the game first half.

Shocking defending, shocking tactics and shocking weather. genuinely sorry for the paying faithful Rovers fans. Our club has let us all down big time.

End of.

I saw Preston play against Scunthorpe last season at Deepdale and although you can't form a judgement solely on one game of football, they did look very poor despite coming from behind to win the game 3-2. They seemed to lack idea, invention and creativity (seems strange having scored 3 goals, but scunny's defending was pretty shambolic) with Treacy being the main threat, scoring a stunning winner in stoppage time. Although that was the only time I saw Preston play a full 90 minutes of football last season, their form and final league finish (points wise it was joint 5th bottom) suggests they may be in for a struggle this season and as other posters have said, they are not a good side at Championship level.

Very dissappointing from a rovers point of view.

I'm so bored of hearing this, and that's not a slight towards you, but we say it almost every season and it never changes. The tragic thing about this is that our lack of quality is mostly self-inflicted, rewarding average players with top dollar wages and then wondering why a ) we can't offload them and b ) why we can't afford new recruits.

I beg to differ, it is some time since we have been in such a predicament imo.

3 seasons ago we had a forward line of Santa Cruz McCarthy Roberts and Derbyshire.

Last season it was McCarthy Roberts Kalinic and Di Santo.

This year it's Roberts and Kalinic.

The last time we were this badly off was when Souness left us with Dickov spearheading the attack. And we know how that ended, Souness deserted the sinking ship ship after a handful of games before he was sacked.

Can anyone pick a better team with the players in the squad? Honestly? Can anybody seriously choose a significantly better side then the one out on display tonight..? No. Im damn well sure Sam realises that Andrews isnt a premiership player, but who the hell else do we have??? He hasnt got any money to buy better players so what do people expect...????

3 seasons ago we had a forward line of Santa Cruz McCarthy Roberts and Derbyshire.

The last time we were this badly off was when Souness left us with Dickov spearheading the attack. And we know how that ended, Souness deserted the sinking ship ship after a handful of games before he was sacked.

We dont have the money to improve, not significantly at least. Santa Cruz and McCarthy were signings of the decade. A combined transfer fee of under £5m got us about 50 goals in 3 seasons, premier league teams dream of that. Last season McCarthy didnt play (for good reasons), and Di Santo couldnt hack it. Our forward line is as effective this time round as it was last year. Provided we can bring in a reasonable striker, I wouldnt be too worried.

We dont have the money to improve, not significantly at least. Santa Cruz and McCarthy were signings of the decade. A combined transfer fee of under £5m got us about 50 goals in 3 seasons, premier league teams dream of that. Last season McCarthy didnt play (for good reasons), and Di Santo couldnt hack it. Our forward line is as effective this time round as it was last year. Provided we can bring in a reasonable striker, I wouldnt be too worried.

/qote]

The problem with just Dickov was solved with the signing of Bellamy, but neither the same quality talent appears available or the funds to buy a player anywhere near his ability.

Becaise of our lack of quality in the midfield area, we are unable to dictate play, we have no one able to put a foot on the ball and sort it out, Nzonzi with a decent man alongside him and a decent striker would help such a lot but I know I keep on about this but Andrews is light years off being a prem player!

Andrews wasnt born to play football. If Grella could keep fit, Andrews wouldnt be in the side. I expect to therefore see plenty more of Andrews this season

Andrews wasnt born to play football. If Grella could keep fit, Andrews wouldnt be in the side. I expect to therefore see plenty more of Andrews this season

Please dont say that, I was rather hoping Bamber Bridge would sign him!!

Come on guys - this is a pre-season frendly. The second in four days - after not being long back in pre-season training. I would imagine that PNE are a week ahead with their training ?

We know we are a few players short (e.g. striker) - otherwise we wouldn't keep being linked with players.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is how fit and well drilled the team are when we line up against Everton.

By the sounds of it, Andrews wasn't the only player who dissappointed tonight. There were 10 other players and 3 subs who also contributed to tonights result, not just him.

Can anyone pick a better team with the players in the squad? Honestly? Can anybody seriously choose a significantly better side then the one out on display tonight..? No. Im damn well sure Sam realises that Andrews isnt a premiership player, but who the hell else do we have??? He hasnt got any money to buy better players so what do people expect...????

Exactly, the reason we did so well last season was mainly down to good management - we have some promising youngsters who still have it all to prove.

As I have said before, how many other clubs are genuinely interested in buying our players? There is probably Samba and 1-2 others who other Premier League clubs would fancy signing....

Just a friendly but.....

God awful passing.....first touch abysmal......awful defending free kicks/corners/crosses!

It was very funny pretending to "score" goals..PNE fans just didn't get it haha!

Don't think I've ever seen a team play with no strikers before!

By the sounds of it, Andrews wasn't the only player who dissappointed tonight. There were 10 other players and 3 subs who also contributed to tonights result, not just him.

Unfortunately, Andrews is in the engine room of the side, where the ball is won, where play is dictated, where there should be agression and quality and to see him in a premiership midfield truly makes me weep, its a disgrace to football, surely but surely we have better 16 year olds than that!

Archived