BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne V Rovers Psf Away

Ozz

Hahaha this messageboard doesn't half make me laugh

We lose 3-0 and its all Andrews's fault.

Its pre season ffs with weeks to go before the season starts. If we had won 3-0 would everyone been as delighted as they are dissapointed? I don't think so.

Settle down, get some sleep or enjoy The Bourne Supremacy on ITV2+1

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the sounds of it, Andrews wasn't the only player who dissappointed tonight. There were 10 other players and 3 subs who also contributed to tonights result, not just him.

Givet, Jones, and N'Zonzi looked a class apart. Salgado wasn't bad. Olsen didn't stay on the field long enough for me to judge him. Branco looked useful too in his 10 minute stint (why he wasn't on for longer I've no idea).

The rest of the players were awful. But nevermind it's only the pre season.

What happened to all our strikers? Niko? Roberts? and ermm we could really do with another couple of strikers come to think of ir. It's no wonder we didn't score playing Holiett upfront on his own with Pedersen supporting. It was only a friendly and gaining match fitness is the important part but you hope to try and gain a little confidence and form from the games.

What happened to all our strikers? Niko? Roberts? and ermm we could really do with another couple of strikers come to think of ir. It's no wonder we didn't score playing Holiett upfront on his own with Pedersen supporting. It was only a friendly and gaining match fitness is the important part but you hope to try and gain a little confidence and form from the games.

Possibly they'll be playing at Huddersfield tomorrow night.

No doubt the manager will have some "it's all about fitness" remarks to make. I don't really care what he says as the frightening thing is Rovers were total cr@p. We didn't create a single chance on goal, we didn't play one incisive pass, we didn't stretch Preston in any shape or form. There was one good moment in the game for Rovers when a PNE forward was clear through someone, couldn't see who, made an excellent last ditch tackle to prevent the forth goal.

I know it's pre-season etc. etc. but surely we can expect Premiership players to make some sort of effort to play football? Perhaps that's the problem "Premiership players?"

3000 or fans turned up hoping for something, people were streaming out with 15 minutes still to play. No more friendlies for me, we'll wait and see how things are when the real stuff starts, but this was really scary.

There was one good moment in the game for Rovers when a PNE forward was clear through someone, couldn't see who, made an excellent last ditch tackle to prevent the forth goal.

It was Phil Jones.

today chimbonda was shi*e, general defending was poor, dunn/pedersen/andrews didnt do anything, hoilett...was he playing? nzonzi at least tried to get the ball down abit but on a whole is was obviously a dismal display! but it is only pre season, them players will never all play together in the same starting 11 again, fact.

Absolutely shocking! How can we lose a Pre-Season Friendly. We got 0 points from the game and the whole team were a joke to watch! Big Sam seriously needs to sort things out or we're definitely heading for the Championship next season. Why he plays Andrews I have no idea!! He shouldn't be playing for our reserves that's how poor he is. Sam needs to buy a midfielder as soon as possible and this takeover must happen or we're doomed I tell ya!

rolleyes.gifwink.gif

People still paid good money to go and watch it. Why shouldn't they have a moan when the manager can't even be bothered to play a striker?

Maybe because,he wants to try them out tomorrow against Huddersfield? They are our only 2 recognised strikers in the squad and they need as much playing time together as possible before the new season starts. Makes sense for them to play in 1 game together, rather than individually.

Yeah, this game is crap. Playing Junior up front on his own is like putting your pants on outside your trousers, pointless and you look stupid... yep, pointless and we look utterly toothless and stupid. If you've got no strikers though...

Superman would beg to differ.

This is the way Sam plays and he'll most likely keep us up playing like this. Better get used to it :-) maybe when we're 'Bollywood Rovers' things might change :-D

Bollywood implies entertainment, Sam Allardyce does not.

3-0, not good and by the sounds of things not what the paying fans deserved. Alas its only a friendly and as long as we hit the season running all will be forgotten.

People still paid good money to go and watch it. Why shouldn't they have a moan when the manager can't even be bothered to play a striker?

I agree but only having two is a problem, what would be saying if say Kalinic did a hamstring or something.

Australia is the time start worrying, hopefully we will be at least on three cylinders by then. (not strikers by the way) ;)

FAT SAM OUT

Gav, I quite enjoy some of your posts and I get the feeling we are of a similar vintage but honestly which manager could do any better? I'm no big fan of Allardyce but which other manager could keep us up, never mind get us to tenth? Which other manager in his right mind would want to work for The Walker Trust?

Have been reading through many of the early reports that we are playing three at the back which is surely a recipe for relegation in the Premiership.

Was that the case again tonight ... I notice a few of you mentioned four defenders ...

Hi guys, just got my internet reconnected after several months, just in time to come and gloat on here.

3000 clown suited Hill Billies? Lol, don't make me laugh.

I wasn't going to go on this 'friendly', mainly because I just couldn't stand to see your lot win. It hurts deeply when you win any game, and it will so if you beat Blackpool in the league. However, I had a gut feeling, a bit like coppers do with crime scenes, that PNE would be triumphant over our hill dwelling neighbours. My hunch was correct and I enjoyed watching our youthful team tear you apart.

As for the copper trashing the town he earns his crust in... bad form. I thought you lot were all community hearted these days? Dually noted nevertheless.

Anyway, I'll wish you all the worst for the season and I hope we don't have to play you again, hopefully as we pass each other by when swapping divisions.

The bandwagon jumpers from Preston suburbia will be right back in the woodwork if that happens. If I was religious I'd pray for it.

Hi guys, just got my internet reconnected after several months, just in time to come and gloat on here.

I wasn't going to go on this 'friendly', mainly because I just couldn't stand to see your lot win. It hurts deeply when you win any game, and it will so if you beat Blackpool in the league. However, I had a gut feeling, a bit like coppers do with crime scenes, that PNE would be triumphant over our hill dwelling neighbours. My hunch was correct and I enjoyed watching our youthful team tear you apart.

As for the copper trashing the town he earns his crust in... bad form. I thought you lot were all community hearted these days? Dually noted nevertheless.

Anyway, I'll wish you all the worst for the season and I hope we don't have to play you again, hopefully as we pass each other by when swapping divisions.

The bandwagon jumpers from Preston suburbia will be right back in the woodwork if that happens. If I was religious I'd pray for it.

In fairness I'd be bitter too if I was a Preston fan. Seeing all his local rivals in the premiership at one time or another and not once seeing his team there, must be tough to take :)

Hill Billies?

Any Jobs going at Preston Farmers? :lol:

Back to Goosnagh carrott cruncher.

In fairness I'd be bitter too if I was a Preston fan. Seeing all his local rivals in the premiership at one time or another and not once seeing his team there, must be tough to take :)

I was pleased with Burnley's presence in the Prem. I'm also pleased with Pool's return to the top table. I am however, most very displeased with your bought promotion and squatting like stay in the Prem.

Tusch.

Hill Billies?

Any Jobs going at Preston Farmers? :lol:

Back to Goosnagh carrott cruncher.

Hang on, how the feck do you know I'm a carrot cruncher?

Archived