BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tour De France Drama

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The majority of cycle tracks are so badly designed they aren't worth using. I'd never use one in preference to the road. What you really are saying is you're not prepared to give other road users a bit of time and space

• Backroom

Cyclists are usually also drivers and know to give cars the space to pass etc etc. So why can cyclists not be afforded the same patience, time and space? The ones that break the law by running red lights and what-have-you deserve what they get. Just don't give it to them deliberately, or it's murder/manslaughter :P

The majority of cycle tracks are so badly designed they aren't worth using. I'd never use one in preference to the road. What you really are saying is you're not prepared to give other road users a bit of time and space

I give road users plenty of room , what I'm saying is if there is a cycle track , use it!!!!

Saw 2 cyclists this morning 6am with no lights or high viz on unlit roads .

• Backroom

I give road users plenty of room , what I'm saying is if there is a cycle track , use it!!!!

Saw 2 cyclists this morning 6am with no lights or high viz on unlit roads .

They're not cyclists. They're irresponsible arseholes :)

I use them when possible, however sometimes they are too littered with debris.

They're not cyclists. They're irresponsible arseholes :)

No .. They had 2 wheels and pedalling . Defo cyclists! Aye arseholes sums it up ;)

I use them when possible, however sometimes they are too littered with debris.

Pay road tax and get them cleaned . ;)

• Backroom

WELL THEY SHOULD RIDE WITH CARS IN MIND THEN...yesterday saw 4 abreast thru the windy Croston /Bretherton roads and 20 car queues

Most of us do, Abs, honestly! Whenever I ride, I pretend I'm in a car. I even go 'vroom vroom' as I accelerate ;)

Use a lot of caution when biking, get a torch and back blinkies, 2 of them in case one goes dim, maybe even more in the handlebar bag, clip ons. If I don't have any lights, I'll walk the bike if there is any traffic around. And in the snow before, I've jumped up on the pavement with the bike if it is too busy. I need to keep this caution myself because I've been safe so it's easy to get lax sometimes.

You see people do crazy things, I came up right behind someone in our neighbourhood on a road, he had no lights, I don't think he had even a reflector. I also saw a cyclist late at night just run through a traffic light and the motorists were all upset, honestly, it's easy to see how Cyclists often get into accidents, simple ignorance and cheating the odds.

Also, there are those spoke-lights now that you can entwine on your spokes, those really get noticed because I don't think people have seen them much and some motorists really really slow down, they don't know exactly what they are seeing and it gives you a profile view, I got the amber coloured ones, also, I'm not sure if they will always readily fit on wheels per clearance around the brake area but I have this worked out now. http://www.amazon.co...53379230&sr=8-1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Another british winner today. Two in a row...

team sky have done brilliantly considering the amount of problems they've encountered.

hopefully cavendish will round it off with his 5th consecutive paris win.

Guest Norbert

You have some serious adventures. Never seen any of that, worst I've seen is two abreast on an A road.

That is actually legal now, something I don't agree with as someone who rides a bike to work and can't drive.

Since I work in a warehouse, I can say that HGV drivers are usually more considerate when passing than some car drivers who can get a bit close. It's the c__ts who whizz off roundabouts and go through red lights who are the worst.

Another british winner today. Two in a row...

team sky have done brilliantly considering the amount of problems they've encountered.

hopefully cavendish will round it off with his 5th consecutive paris win.

Froome has been brilliant all Tour, very deserving winner. Be interesting finish as not much time gap from 2nd to 5th. Hope Cav wins sprint, but have doubts he will, he seems to be below par this season. Missing Bernard Eisel, who is a brilliant lead out man.

Guest Norbert

Fair point... but maybe he just had the best drugs?

I really doubt it. Froome wouldn't have been in team Sky run by David Brailsford, or been Wiggins' lietenant last season if he was into that sort of thing. Bradley would have walked out of the sport completely and exposed it if that was going on.

That is actually legal now, something I don't agree with as someone who rides a bike to work and can't drive.

Since I work in a warehouse, I can say that HGV drivers are usually more considerate when passing than some car drivers who can get a bit close. It's the c__ts who whizz off roundabouts and go through red lights who are the worst.

Most of them are on cycles ..... although I do agree that cars going through red lights is increasing at an alarming rate in these parts.

Guest Norbert

Most of them are on cycles ..... although I do agree that cars going through red lights is increasing at an alarming rate in these parts.

I don't disagree that quite a few people on bikes do that, but they're stupid. Who's going to come off worse in a fight between a bike and a van? A lot of people in Coventry need to retake their tests though, as the amount of times I've seen them do illegal turns into my road, coming through on red lights etc. Taxi drivers are pretty bad for that sort of thing here.

Archived