BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chip Shop

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worms will only only eat what the ever increasing vermin leave. Before your worms get a chance to eat the food that you discard the rats, foxes, squirrels, crows, magpies and flies in your neck of the woods will gladly have accepted the opportunity to feed and multiply. Im quite relaxed that I'm not your neighbour. :rolleyes:

Lawks! Thanks for the advice. What about the legions of red squirrels & baby pandas that I regularly cull & put in my compo heap?

ROLL EYES ROLL EYES

Just joking Theno

Don't bother going to a chippy in the Bedford area, they're all rubbish. The best two in Bridlington are The Pride of Bridlington, and the one opposite the football ground.

I remember helping my ex move to Preston and seeing a 'Chippery', which was a chip shop, and a 'Cuttery' which turned out to be a hairdressers. Now, I'm not from the North West, but are all the English teachers in Preston Japanese? and did that have an influence on the dialect?

Colin... Better put waste food on a bird table or alternatively keep 3/4 hens in a vermin proof cabin and give it to them.

btw not a chippy but the fish and chips on the menu at The Millstone in Mellor is spectacular. Chips are the best ever and the battered fish is the size of an average skateboard.

The Cemetery chippy in Colne is well worth a visit if you're travelling East to games or just want to taste top quality nosh - this is a subject I have researched extensively over the years much to the horror of my mrs who doesn't care for chippy food. Whalley Road in Clitheroe is a good one and there is a very good one in Stonehouse just outside Stroud which is basically a Northern mill town in the South.

Another couple springing to mind are in Leeds - one behind the Three Horseshoes pub in Headingley and the other at the bottom of Brownberrie Lane in Horsforth

Must go before I rush out to find a very late chippy tea

Thanks for the Stonehouse mention, I am there next week at the National Nuclear Lab so will try it.....do they do Steak Puds ?

Thanks for the Stonehouse mention, I am there next week at the National Nuclear Lab so will try it.....do they do Steak Puds ?

I don't think i've found one down here that do steak pudding.

And sorry, but i think it shut a few years ago.

Not sure if it's now 'The Frying Machine', or if thats just another chippy nearby......but its not as good.

I always like visiting the chippy on Parker Street, Chorley when I'm visiting the parents.

Yesterday my dad told me about this:

£700k stashed away!

My sausage and chips and gravy seem to be small "fry"...

Thats a turn up! Imagine the immigrant owner of a fast food establishment not paying his taxes! Well I never. :rolleyes: ..... Congrats to HMR&C but strange how he managed to amass that amount before being detected.

Wonder if he remembered to cash in the Elgar 20's?

Nelly's in Rishton as a young lad.

Claccy Street in Snuffy always good.

Agree with Cheltenham road comments.

I know a bit random, but Toff's in Muswell Hill always a treat when down sarf, but very dear!

And finally a shout out to the lad who has taken over the chippie in Whalley, excellent and great to have a traditional chippie selling freshly cooked fayre.

And finally a shout out to the lad who has taken over the chippie in Whalley, excellent and great to have a traditional chippie selling freshly cooked fayre.

There are three of them Two of them are Rovers S/T holder’s .The Chinese meals are exhalent as well. It’s called

The Friary

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Funnily enough the wife rang Bannys about booking a table and it's £6.95 for Fish, chips and a side. Not too bad for a restaurant type setting.

Kelbrook Chippy is decent as well

spot on. St James rd, steep hill as I recall, years gone bye wazzing down it in the back of a transit after a fight in the jubilee had gone off. Trying to stop at the bottom with the handbrake full on, happy days

Used to live on Eldon Road, so that area was my stomping ground in my formative years. Played footie at the YMCA every Wednesday night, then to Hole I'th Wall for chips, peas and gravy - did this for years. Used to joke that the gravy was so thick it came in slices.

Best chippy in Blackburn now - Holly Tree.

Best I've ever was about 15 years ago from a little hole-in-a-wall in Mallaig, in the Scottish Highlands. Fish just off the boat, size of a skateboard, freshly fried chips. Lovely stuff. Went back last year and it had shut down - was gutted!

Archived