BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cameron'S 1940 Insult To Britain

It's bad enough watching this idiotic prime minister grovelling to the Americans in Washington over the BP spill and passing the buck on the Al-Megrahi decision by blaming the Scots but his historically incorrect statement yesterday over events in 1940 are a gross insult to Britain and the brave men in our armed forces who repelled the Nazi tide. Has the Oxford-educated public school buffoon never seen Reach for the Sky ? Coupled with Nick Clegg's shambolic first appearance in the Commons at Question Time and his gaffe over the Iraq war yesterday it is obvious that this sham of a government is heading for the rocks sooner rather than later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-10719739

http://blogs.telegra...y-game-in-town/

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

http://www.guardian....-iraq-war-gaffe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too be fair Jim, Clegg was nowhere near as bad as Straw was.

Cameron was perfectly right about the Lockerbe bomber and as for 1940, well it was stupid but less of an insult than what labours done to the country and armed forces over the past 13 years. Did you know most of the troops out on active service couldn't vote because their postal votes weren't sent out on time?

And if you want to see fawning to the yanks, i'd put forward that the last two labour leaders have been much much worse.

Also as fir the coalition failing, ifyou think any of the labour leadership candidates are remotely electable, then you're more of a deluded fool than I thought

Jim Mk2 your very own 'phoney Tony' Blair should be in gaol now for crimes committed against man namely due to the illegal Iraq war.

How much bloodshed is on ther hands of the New Labour party ....shame on you all !

Dropped an insensitive bollock there alright. His learning curve will have taken a steep upward slant I imagine. No doubt easy to do when every single word is analysed.

Still I don't expect he lied to the population about weapons of mass destruction to take us into war nor that his apparent disrespect is so bad that he'll turn up at the cenotaph in a donkey jacket come November.

Standing at the dispatch box, giving personal opinions, rather than representing the government of the day wasn't too bright.

Nor was the government, who reckon that they will wait until the Chilcott inquiry rules on whether the war was illegal or not. You would have thought they would have followed that inquiry a bit closer and understood that there will be no such ruling.

Better keep Clegg away from the media. Maybe the deputy prime ministers job was the right position for him after all.

Clegg's wasn't a gaff- he genuinely believes the War is illegal and is probably correct.

Cameron was worryingly screwed up over his history. If he gets something as fundamental to British history as that wrong, what else has he got scrambled in his noddle? Mind you, it is nothing as bad as Palin.

Clegg's wasn't a gaff- he genuinely believes the War is illegal and is probably correct.

Of course it was a gaffe Philip. He had been rattled by Straw's questioning over his reasons for denying Sheffield forgemasters the loan and retaliated by shouting his personal opinions.

He might have been rattled about straws murder of the English language.

Forgemasters was a massive stich up by labour to curry favour with the shefiepd electorate. If it was for good business sense then they'd have helped LDV too.

Please remember that due to the financial incompetance, nay, near criminally wilfull handling of the economy Labour have left us with a £170bn deficit, that's before we even begin to deal with the debt.

Therefore cuts will have to be made & the Tories are making only 6bn more than labour would have.

It's bad enough watching this idiotic prime minister grovelling to the Americans in Washington over the BP spill and passing the buck on the Al-Megrahi decision by blaming the Scots but his historically incorrect statement yesterday over events in 1940 are a gross insult to Britain and the brave men in our armed forces who repelled the Nazi tide. Has the Oxford-educated public school buffoon never seen Reach for the Sky ? Coupled with Nick Clegg's shambolic first appearance in the Commons at Question Time and his gaffe over the Iraq war yesterday it is obvious that this sham of a government is heading for the rocks sooner rather than later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-10719739

http://blogs.telegra...y-game-in-town/

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

http://www.guardian....-iraq-war-gaffe

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats right Jim bring back Mandelson, Kinock, phoney Blair and sweaty Gordon!!!

You re deluded

He needs to come out and refudiate his statement.

Took the words right out my mouth. On a related note Michelle 'HUAC' Bachmann has stated that the new 'Tea Party Caucus' is a "receptacle" for the loathsome Tea Bagger movement. Freudian slip methinks.

It's bad enough watching this idiotic prime minister grovelling to the Americans in Washington over the BP spill and passing the buck on the Al-Megrahi decision by blaming the Scots

In your opinion just who was to blame for Al-Megrahi's release?

In your opinion just who was to blame for Al-Megrahi's release?

Quite possibly the Maltese Government which has provided decisive evidence that the Lockerbie conviction is completely wrong. It was a Lebanese/Syrian action.

If you want a real travesty ~ Gordon Brown has claimed for 70 days pay, I believe, of which he's attended the Houses of Parliament twice, and debated and voted on nothing.

But still, as a fine upstanding politician who can do no wrong, I'm sure our resident labour stirrer will point out how this isn't failing his constituency or the tax payers as a whole

If you want a real travesty ~ Gordon Brown has claimed for 70 days pay, I believe, of which he's attended the Houses of Parliament twice, and debated and voted on nothing.

But still, as a fine upstanding politician who can do no wrong, I'm sure our resident labour stirrer will point out how this isn't failing his constituency or the tax payers as a whole

Just cant believe that this guy isnt hauled over the coals and made an example of, along with Blair. That the Uk will NOT except or tolerate the standards that these guys showed during their 13 year tenure which included things like the expenses scandal, Iraq war, pension pots raided, benefits scandal, education downgrading,plus many more.

The sad thing is collectively as a country we seem to have accepted all of this and continue along the same path with a different bunch of guys in charge allowing or giving them the room to do just the same. :wstu:

Quite possibly the Maltese Government which has provided decisive evidence that the Lockerbie conviction is completely wrong. It was a Lebanese/Syrian action.

With respect Philip I'd directed my question at Jim mk2.

Looks like the coalition are doing a good job so far on the economy:

UK economic growth jumps to 1.1%

The UK economy grew by a faster-than-expected 1.1% in the second quarter of the year, according to official data.

The figure - a preliminary estimate from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) - was almost double the 0.6% growth rate expected by economists.

It was the fastest quarterly expansion since 2006, and marked a sharp pick-up in pace from the 0.3% growth of the first three months of the year.

Much of the growth came from the key services sector.

Within the services sector, which accounts for about three-quarters of the UK economy, business and finance posted its strongest rise in almost three years, rising by 1.3% over the quarter.

There was a big contribution from the construction industry, which grew at its fastest pace since 1963, in part because bad weather at the start of the year meant builders were catching up on work that should have taken place then.

The only sector to register a fall was transport and communications - down 0.7% on the quarter following the impact of Iceland's volcanic ash cloud in April.

The ONS said the last time the UK had growth of more 1.1% in any quarter was in 1999.

The Chancellor, George Osborne, said the figures proved his plan to cut the public sector was right.

He said: "In the Budget, I set out a plan to restore confidence in our economy by dealing with the deficit, starting this year, and to rebalance growth from the public to private sector.

"Today's figures show the private sector contributing all but 0.1% of the growth in the second quarter, and put beyond doubt that it was right to begin acting on the deficit now."

With respect Philip I'd directed my question at Jim mk2.

:D

Anyway, the key "witness"- the Maltese shop keeper- was slipped $2m by the US Embassy to stick to his story and is now living in quiet luxury on the west of the island.

Hmmmm, that sounds interesting.

No doubt all the good news will be because of Labour according to Jim, and probably because of the Tories' cuts according to most other people.

Probably.

In reality it's the construction industry warping the statistic. I see Osbourne is trying to claim credit though, as if the government have in power long enough to have that kind of effect.

The coalition have been in misgovernment for barely 2 months so the growth is a result of policies put in place by Labour to help the economy out of recession following the worldwide financial crisis. The pre-pubescent Osborne of course knows this so for him to claim it is because of his policies or because the Con-Dems are in power is laughable. I note that Cameron has yet to apologise for his disgraceful comment about 1940 nor do I expect one.. No doubt he's watching a rerun of Private Ryan to remind himself again how the US won the war.

This is part of the natural process of a recovering economy where the Budget hasn't had a proper impact. The real test will come over the next year as the jobs and investment is taken out of the economy and you see the negative affect. If anything this should be a wake up call for the Conserative Government to reconsider the severity of the budget in light of a high growth level.

and probably because of the Tories' cuts according to most other people.

Really? Then people are more thick than I thought. A budget on the 22nd June dramatically affecting growth in the period of April to June. Those 8 days must have had an amazing affect.

Archived