BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cameron'S 1940 Insult To Britain

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be nothing "popular" about Cameron's comments Flopsy, particularly with the folk who went through the horrors of 1940.

I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue, but if he hasn't said it was and apologised for that, he leaves himself open to criticism.

Not at all. 1940 doesn't make any sense and is factually inaccurate. 1940s does make sense. You are inferring that he purposefully said to either deeply offend people or is an idiot.

You don't get a first at Oxford if you are an idiot, contrary to what a lot people might say.

The most likely option is usually the correct one. It was a slip pf the tongue

The most likely option is usually the correct one. It was a slip pf the tongue

Yes, that's what I said.

Anyway, let's not be pedantic on here. Let's move over to the footy section and be pedantic over there. It's much more rife.

Cameron's first trip abroad has been a disaster. He fawned over the Americans in his sycophantic speeches in Washington where, in addition to his 1940 blunder, he also committed the cardinal diplomatic sin of running down his own country with his constant references to Britain as a "junior partner" in the so-called special relationship.

He followed that debacle with more gaffes in Turkey, where he described Gaza as a "prison camp" and upset France and Germany by saying Turkey should be admitted to the EU. Then to cap it all, in Asia, in a speech in India of all places, he caused a diplomatic incident with Pakistan over his injudicious remarks about terrorism. Little wonder that Sonia Gandhi, the dynastic head of the Congress party, chose to cancel a meeting with Britain's ridiculous prime minister.

At home and abroad Cameron has swiftly been exposed as a political and intellectual lightweight with no substance behind the rhetoric of the failed public relations man he used to be. He is an embarrassment to our great country.

The Budget I'd agree on but I'm far from sure PMQs is attended by most MPs on a regular basis. Happy to be proved wrong though.

click

According to this he has yet to vote so far this term (vote doesnt mean not attend, but is probably a good indicator). The site has the ability to download attendance stats but I dont have any suitable software on my laptop.

To be honest, if he's got nothing left to do in parliment then he may as well stand down and allow someone else to take over.

I also agree with Paul regarding the volumes of attendance in parlimentary debates. It reminds me of my workplace where most Friday afternoons the directors are "working" from home. If the MPs arent in debates, what are they actually doing?

Funny how they say "only 153 had applied"; if the story was about Gove shutting down 153 schools I bet my bottom dollar 'only 153' would be replaced by 'a large number of'

Have a look at Den's earlier comment.

Just reading some of the comments from that Guardian article, this made me laugh:

17th June 2010

Look Spanows I put up with some real ###### from you and others who were baying for the end of Brown and NewLabour.

You got what you wanted and now look at the mess they are creating.

Cameron and his mega mouth diplomacy and carelessness with the facts.

Osborne and his hatchet job on anything that remotely smacks of "public" provision.

Gove and his wretched "free schools" mission which he is pursuing with Messianic fervour (and look where that gets us!)

That idiot who's name escapes me who says we should just get offenders to say sorry.

Volunteer Police spending the shift with the few police we will have left

"Voluntary National Service"

Prison doesn't work! (er just run that past me again, aren't you a Tory?)

GPs who can't even get a repeat prescription right every two months being put in control of 80 billion quids worth of healthcare.

The Big Society my arse.

Just don't even try to convince me that this shower are anything but weak, inexperienced ideologues who are drunk on power and are relishing the task of dismembering our public services with indecent haste.

Emergency legislation used for 153 schools, that's just plain wrong.

Just don't even try.

Just the tone of it that was amusing.:lol:

Cameron's first trip abroad has been a disaster. He fawned over the Americans in his sycophantic speeches in Washington where, in addition to his 1940 blunder, he also committed the cardinal diplomatic sin of running down his own country with his constant references to Britain as a "junior partner" in the so-called special relationship.

He followed that debacle with more gaffes in Turkey, where he described Gaza as a "prison camp" and upset France and Germany by saying Turkey should be admitted to the EU. Then to cap it all, in Asia, in a speech in India of all places, he caused a diplomatic incident with Pakistan over his injudicious remarks about terrorism. Little wonder that Sonia Gandhi, the dynastic head of the Congress party, chose to cancel a meeting with Britain's ridiculous prime minister.

At home and abroad Cameron has swiftly been exposed as a political and intellectual lightweight with no substance behind the rhetoric of the failed public relations man he used to be. He is an embarrassment to our great country.

It was reported tonight that Pakistan's intelligence agency has cancelled planned talks with security experts in Britain in protest at Cameron's claim that elements within the country were promoting the export of terror. The cancelled trip is the most concrete indication so far of damage done to Anglo-Pakistani relations by Cameron's comments, which sparked outrage in Islamabad when he made them during this week's trip to India.

An ISI spokesman said: ``The visit has been cancelled in reaction to the comments made by the British Prime Minister against Pakistan. Such irresponsible statements could affect our co-operation with Britain.''

It was reported tonight that Pakistan's intelligence agency has cancelled planned talks with security experts in Britain in protest at Cameron's claim that elements within the country were promoting the export of terror. The cancelled trip is the most concrete indication so far of damage done to Anglo-Pakistani relations by Cameron's comments, which sparked outrage in Islamabad when he made them during this week's trip to India.

An ISI spokesman said: ``The visit has been cancelled in reaction to the comments made by the British Prime Minister against Pakistan. Such irresponsible statements could affect our co-operation with Britain.''

Yer call a spade a fleurkin' spade..............

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I need a hero, I'm holding out for at hero 'till the end of the night

He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast

And he's gotta be fresh from the fight

I need a hero, I'm holding out for a hero 'till the morning light

He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon

And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life

Dave " T ' Dreamboat " Cameron..............

:tu::wub::tu:

Such irresponsible statements could affect our co-operation with Britain.''

It's the Pakistani co-operatation with the Taliban and Al Q'aeda that needs to be affected!

I don't suppose they've any option in a country with 120m nutters unless they all want to go the way of Benazhir Bhutto but they really are running with the hare and hunting with the hounds that lot. :angry2:

Continually turning a blind eye has gone on too long when our soldiers are being killed daily and when there are so many terror threats in Britain as well as around the free world.

...... "At all events, the discussion of future grave but, with effort now, avoidable evils is the most unpopular and at the same time the most necessary occupation for the politician. Those who knowingly shirk it deserve, and not infrequently receive, the curses of those who come after." :mellow:

[/i]

Cameron is telling it how it is when it comes to Pakistan. They can't keep saying that they are going to crack down on the extremists and yet their intelligence service is providing information and money to the Taliban. The same can be said about Iran providing weapons such as IED's that are killing British troops each week in Helmand.

Pakistan pulling out today of this intelligence gathering just proves Cameron's point that they aren't doing enough. If they were that serious about counter-insurgency and ultimately wanted to prove Cameron's comments were wrong they should attend.

Cameron is telling it how it is when it comes to Pakistan. They can't keep saying that they are going to crack down on the extremists and yet their intelligence service is providing information and money to the Taliban. The same can be said about Iran providing weapons such as IED's that are killing British troops each week in Helmand.

Pakistan pulling out today of this intelligence gathering just proves Cameron's point that they aren't doing enough. If they were that serious about counter-insurgency and ultimately wanted to prove Cameron's comments were wrong they should attend.

Dont forget though that it was the Pakistani intelligence service who set up the Taliban in the first place.

Dont forget though that it was the Pakistani intelligence service who set up the Taliban in the first place.

Pakistani intelligence? :rock: As my old mate used to say on a regular basis..... 'If thats intelligence then I'm bloody glad I'm thick!' :)

Made me chuckle Theno :) but you know what I mean.

I've read the daft bguggers are burning his effigy in public now! :rolleyes:

btw Rhetorical question I know but have they mentioned handing Bin Laden over yet? If they don't hand him over and he's in their country then could it be that they are sheltering or even protecting him for some reason? <_<

Pakistan PM Yousaf Raza Gilani righlty hits back at Cameron for his insensitive and undiplomatic remarks in India last week.

http://news.uk.msn.c...entid=154273384

Perhaps Dave should have this chap as his foreign secretary.

I don't suppose they've any option in a country with 120m nutters

Pakistani intelligence? As my old mate used to say on a regular basis..... 'If thats intelligence then I'm bloody glad I'm thick!'

Both clueless and inclined to motormouth pronouncements.

Archived