BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cameron'S 1940 Insult To Britain

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jim mk2 = Terrorist Sympathiser

If that's the best you can offer I suggest you stick to facebook.

Moving on, David Miliband today described Cameron as 'cuttlefish squirting out ink' which some might say is rather mild considering that the ISI, whose intelligence is vital to the security of British troops in Afghanistan, has severed links with British intelligence as a result of Cameron's remarks. British soldiers are running enough daily risks in Afghanistan without the ignorant and unhelpful intervention of a wet-behind-the-ears prime minister who could soon have blood on his own hands thanks to his insensitive comments.

http://www.dailyindi...show/389576.php

If that's the best you can offer I suggest you stick to facebook.

Moving on, David Miliband today described Cameron as 'cuttlefish squirting out ink' which some might say is rather mild considering that the ISI, whose intelligence is vital to the security of British troops in Afghanistan, has severed links with British intelligence as a result of Cameron's remarks. British soldiers are running enough daily risks in Afghanistan without the ignorant and unhelpful intervention of a wet-behind-the-ears prime minister who could soon have blood on his own hands thanks to his insensitive comments.

http://www.dailyindi...show/389576.php

There are some questions over Matt Waldman's reports of collusion between the shady Pakistani ISI and the Taliban as there always would be of course <_< . However it appears our own intelligence service has enough reason to believe him, and David Cameron is obviously placing his trust in their information.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10302946

Jim .......Re: "the ignorant and unhelpful intervention of a wet-behind-the-ears prime minister who could soon have blood on his own hands thanks to his insensitive comments."

Just as an aside lets deal rather with fact rather than fiction. Have they found New Labour's 'weapons of mass destruction' yet? I wonder if your heroes Tony B Liar and Bungler Brown are able yet to wash the blood of the Iraqi conflict off their hands yet? No doubt millions of $ earned bumming up to the Yanks and writing his memoirs will buy plenty of soap I guess.

I'm intrigued Jimbob who put them in Afghanistan in the first place, under resourced, under equipped, poorly equipped, then left with half the troops needed and without sufficient Helicoptot support whilst we helped to invade Iraq?

Cameron has stated fact, and is using it as notice to the Pakistan Government to reign in the ISI or prepare to receive a rougher ride than the previous incumbents gave them

Cameron was berated by an angry member of the public today over his comment that Britain was the US's ``junior partner'' against the Nazis in 1940.

The Prime Minister was made to squirm at a question and answer session in Hove when a pensioner accused him of ``denigrating'' his own country.

Retired telephonist Kathy Finn, 75, asked him: ``Who do you consider was the senior partner in the Battle of Britain when we were fighting alone in the first two and a half years of the war?''

Mr Cameron replied: ``There was no senior partner. We were on our own in 1940... what I meant to say was that I was referring to the 1940s, not 1940. You are absolutely right and I was absolutely wrong.''

An apologetic PM went on: ``In 1940, as I know, it was the proudest year of our nation's entire history, we were completely on our own.

``There were a few Polish pilots, there were a few French pilots but on the whole it was Britain standing completely alone against Nazi Germany and it is the proudest moment in our history, and we should all be incredibly proud of the fact that we stood alone against Hitler...''

Ms Finn interjected, ``That's not what you told Obama'', but Mr Cameron pointed out that his remark had actually been made in a television interview as he visited the US last month.

``The point I was trying to make is today we are self evidently the junior partner in the Special Relationship,'' he added. ``That was the only point I was trying to make and if I upset anyone I am profoundly sorry. I clearly upset you, and so I am trying to set the record straight.''

Ms Finn shot back: ``You denigrated your own country.''

Mr Cameron said: ``I absolutely did not want to do that.''

Afterwards, Ms Finn, whose step-father was a mine sweeper in the Navy, said: ``When I saw him say what he said on the TV, I was just furious, the same as many other people were but he doesn't seem to have been picked up on it.

``It seems as if he was trying to appease America and flatter Obama because of BP. He didn't seem to know his recent history either.

``I voted for him but it makes me wonder if I was right to do so.'' Ms Finn said she did not believe Mr Cameron's explanation and added: ``I think he downgraded his own country, which was belittling.

``They talk about having a special relationship but it's only special when America wants it to be.''mfl

See Jim's avoiding the question about the ACTUAL blood of the hands on his New Labour heroes....

Anyway, that 'report' would have been better reported like this....

Local attention seeker and simpleton shouts at PM. 75 year old Kathy Finn who must have the best memory in the world as she was only 5 in 1940 tries to rewrite history but shouting her romatic but inaccurate take on 1940, which was totally futile as it was quickly explained it was a slip of the tongue and he meant (as we all kne already anyway) that he meant 40s and not 40.

However, this didn't stop the batty old woman who continued to try and make a mountain out of a molehill.

The hapless and increasingly ridiculous Cameron was tonight accused of committing a ``dangerous'' gaffe when he appeared to suggest that Iran had a nuclear weapon.

Labour former Europe minister Chris Bryant said the prime minister was gaining a reputation as a ``foreign policy klutz'' who had his feet ``firmly planted in his mouth''.

His attack came after Cameron said Turkey would be an important political influence because it could help solve some of the world's problems ``like the Middle East peace process and the fact that Iran has got a nuclear weapon''.

But a Downing Street spokeswoman stressed: ``It is perfectly clear that he is talking about the pursuit of a nuclear weapon.''

The slip-up came when Mr Cameron was questioned on his support for Turkish accession to the EU during the latest PM Direct event in Hove.

He said the EU would be ``better off'' if Turkey joined and the country would be a strong trading partner for Britain.

He added: ``I think they will be a very good political influence for us because they can help us solve some of the world's problems like the Middle East peace process and the fact that Iran has got a nuclear weapon, and also if Europe is part of trying to balance our security, shouldn't we be saying to a country like Turkey that wants to be western and democratic and secular that they should be welcomed?''

But Bryant said: ``This is less of a hiccup, more of a dangerous habit.

``Considering Iran's nuclear ambitions constitute one of the most important foreign policy challenges facing us all, it is not just downright embarrassing that the prime minister has made this basic mistake, it's dangerous.

``The prime minister's comments are profoundly unhelpful. They will fuel Iranian propaganda that the international community is mistaken over Iran's nuclear policy.''

Bryant said the PM was having to ``explain away another foreign policy gaffe'', adding: ``He is increasingly getting a reputation for being a foreign policy klutz, with two right feet, both of them firmly planted in his mouth.''

Cameron berated angry Nazis in 1940.

The squirm pensioner accused his own c nt.

Retired and wrong.

There were a few proud Hitlers...

Obama Cameron US.

Special upset I am.

Ms Finn shot back you denigrated your own c nt.

Mr Cameron said I absolutely did not want to do that.

Afterwards, Ms Finn, a mine sweeper said he was a fatter Obama.

I voted for his downgraded c nt, which was belittling.

They talk about a special relationship but it's only America.

The hapless Cameron appeared a weapon.

Labour former Europe minister Chris Bryant is a klutz.

Turkey weapon.

It is perfectly clear.

The questioned event in Hove.

Turkey partner.

He added: I welcome a dangerous habit.

Considering downright embarrassing dangerous Iranian propaganda Bryant is increasingly getting a reputation for being a klutz, with two right feet, both of them firmly planted in his mouth.

Thanks for that, Jimbo.........

:rolleyes::unsure::huh:

Very informative.............

The hapless and increasingly ridiculous Cameron was tonight accused of committing a ``dangerous'' gaffe when he appeared to suggest that Iran had a nuclear weapon.

Labour former Europe minister Chris Bryant said the prime minister was gaining a reputation as a ``foreign policy klutz'' who had his feet ``firmly planted in his mouth''.

His attack came after Cameron said Turkey would be an important political influence because it could help solve some of the world's problems ``like the Middle East peace process and the fact that Iran has got a nuclear weapon''.

But a Downing Street spokeswoman stressed: ``It is perfectly clear that he is talking about the pursuit of a nuclear weapon.''

The slip-up came when Mr Cameron was questioned on his support for Turkish accession to the EU during the latest PM Direct event in Hove.

He said the EU would be ``better off'' if Turkey joined and the country would be a strong trading partner for Britain.

He added: ``I think they will be a very good political influence for us because they can help us solve some of the world's problems like the Middle East peace process and the fact that Iran has got a nuclear weapon, and also if Europe is part of trying to balance our security, shouldn't we be saying to a country like Turkey that wants to be western and democratic and secular that they should be welcomed?''

But Bryant said: ``This is less of a hiccup, more of a dangerous habit.

``Considering Iran's nuclear ambitions constitute one of the most important foreign policy challenges facing us all, it is not just downright embarrassing that the prime minister has made this basic mistake, it's dangerous.

``The prime minister's comments are profoundly unhelpful. They will fuel Iranian propaganda that the international community is mistaken over Iran's nuclear policy.''

Bryant said the PM was having to ``explain away another foreign policy gaffe'', adding: ``He is increasingly getting a reputation for being a foreign policy klutz, with two right feet, both of them firmly planted in his mouth.''

What's wee Gordon Broon up to these days?

``There were a few Polish pilots, there were a few French pilots but on the whole it was Britain standing completely alone against Nazi Germany and it is the proudest moment in our history, and we should all be incredibly proud of the fact that we stood alone against Hitler...''

Aussies, Canadians, New Zealanders and South Africans airbrushed out of history.

Cameron is an idiot.

Aussies, Canadians, New Zealanders and South Africans airbrushed out of history.

Cameron is an idiot.

Czechoslovakians, Belgians, Irish, Americans, the Jaimaican bloke, the South Rhodesian and that guy from the Palestine Mandate have been airbrushed out of history with your reply.

Does that make you just as much as an idiot?

If you want to get on over on old Dave by using other personell that helped in the BOB you should have highlighted the 7 Americans that fought in it given the relevancy to this supposed "gaffe".

Since when has having an encyclopedic knowledge of WW2 been a prerequisite to PM anyway? Maybe you think we should get the curator from the Imperial War Museum to look after our economy instead?

Since when has having an encyclopedic knowledge of WW2 been a prerequisite to PM anyway? Maybe you think we should get the curator from the Imperial War Museum to look after our economy instead?

The Battle of Britain was probably Britain's finest hour and was also probably a turning point in world history, which is hardly "an encyclopedic knowledge of WW2". The average schoolboy knows about about the BoB so for the prime minister of this country to forget it and make the gaffe while on a foreign diplomatic mission was unforgiveable. Kathy Finn is correct in her assertion that the incident has been swept under the carpet and that Cameron was wrong to belittle Britain while he was in Washington. Her reaction was that of the generation who grew up during the war and are rightly offended by his crass remarks. The curator of the IWM could not have made a worse job of it than motormouth Dave.

Give him a break .... Cameron's busy half way acrosss the globe rightly rebuking and offending to boot the Pakistani government for their thinly veiled support for Al Queda and the Taliban.

All out for 72, don't think their batsmen were looking 'both ways' :lol:

BoB wasn't the turning point of the war, the invasion of Russia & the German declaration of war against the US were, it helped, but the fact was that the german invasion fleet was not suitable to carry out such a large feat, especially when the Royal Navy was still very much a major force.

BoB wasn't the turning point of the war, the invasion of Russia & the German declaration of war against the US were, it helped, but the fact was that the german invasion fleet was not suitable to carry out such a large feat, especially when the Royal Navy was still very much a major force.

Yeah, but what about the grenade fuses?

Not true. Germany had prepared for months the invasion of Britain (Operation Sea Lion) and was vastly superior both in terms of fighting ships and men. Hitler knew however that he could not invade Britain without mastery of the air and for that reason embarked on a pre-invasion campaign to knock out the RAF, which Luftwaffe c-in-c Goering promised would be achieved in 6 weeks. The ensuing Battle of Britain from July - Sept 1940 was the biggest air battle in aviation history and Britain's victory led to Hitler cancelling Operation Sea Lion. If the RAF had been defeated, Britain would have been defenceless to a German invasion and German mastery of western Europe would have been complete. The BoB wasn't just a turning point in the war, it was a turning point in the history of the world. To argue otherwise is nonsense.

Archived