BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Finding Local Tradesmen

Any suggestions on this as I'm getting really peeved with the local guys. We know a joiner who does very good work and is reliable but I'm struggling to find a plumber (entire shower room to fit out), and a small-scale builder (new roof required plus some complex internal stuff as a result). We've done all the ususal things, compared notes with friends and neighbours (rarely positive), local phone books, asked the shops we hope to purchase shower room from for recommendadtions - ASC Chorley gave us a list of six, two replied, one turned up but has so far not sent his quote! Makes you wonder about their shower equipment if they recommend fitters who can't be arsed.

I had the same frustration with trying to find someone to fit a CH boiler and used British Gas in the end - partly because of warranty and partly through frustration with local trades people.

Suggestions on how to find, good, reliable tradesmen, especially, electrician, small builder, plumber and/or good shop offering to supply and fit bathrooms would be very welcome.

Recession? Pah!!!!!!!!!!

As a joiner myself i can understand however i've managed to rope in several estate agents and landlors to supply a matienance agrrement were me and my team go round and do the work. i have plumbers, plasterers, joiners and a bricky so depending on what you want doing really and where you are perhaps you'd be intrested?

I know you didn't mention drainage work, Paul, but if anyone needs such work doing or is in dire straits with a drainage problem, please pm me as I know a chap who can; he's excellent and reasonably priced.

Archived