BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

I agree with some of the views above. I have a season ticket in the DE, but due to uni (see signature!) I have missed some games, meaning I can't gauge the atmosphere of the whole season - heard the BBE was superb v Chelsea.

I steer clear of the 'new' chants though ie the ones stolen from Stanley and other league 2 clubs

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have DEnders started singing the 'slow' or Tottenham version of 'oh when the Saints', does my bloomin' head in everytime I hear it!

Genuinely have no idea, surprised me when it started yesterday!

To me it's just people who use to sit elsewhere and sing but are now in the Darwen End thus making other areas around the ground more empty. Not so much a better atmoshpere it's just spread out a bit and not soley based in the Blackburn End. Funny how the chants usually stop just before half-time in the Darwen End, early half-time ribenas is it? ;)

Why have DEnders started singing the 'slow' or Tottenham version of 'oh when the Saints', does my bloomin' head in everytime I hear it!

Thought Stoke fans started signing it before Spurs fans to be honest, but yes It is highly annoying and not all original please stop.

Sambo - those chants didn't originate from Stanley... anyway it's just something a bit different than 'Barmy Army' or god forbid booing and moaning... not everyone's cup of tea though I can understand. Other new songs are developing all the time though :)

People seem quick to knock the Darwen End... why do you do this, why do you sing that a certain way, etc etc... at the end of the day it's not a 'club arranged' singing section like at some grounds, it has developed naturally by like minded fans who wanted to do something about the constant negative and flat atmosphere. You're free to join us and start some of your own songs (old and new)... infact we'd welcome it.

"Supporters, not spectators"

Sambo - those chants didn't originate from Stanley... anyway it's just something a bit different than 'Barmy Army' or god forbid booing and moaning... not everyone's cup of tea though I can understand. Other new songs are developing all the time though :)

People seem quick to knock the Darwen End... why do you do this, why do you sing that a certain way, etc etc... at the end of the day it's not a 'club arranged' singing section like at some grounds, it has developed naturally by like minded fans who wanted to do something about the constant negative and flat atmosphere. You're free to join us and start some of your own songs (old and new)... infact we'd welcome it.

Aye, I love the Darwen End!

Stanley stole Dale Cavese off foreign clubs and 'Ultra' groups, but its obvious they have influenced some of our fans. I know a few of the kids who sing it, they were lobbying for us to sing it for a while after watching Stanley. Not my favourite chants but oh well!

• Backroom

I think the reason people 'knock' the DE at times is because there seems to be an air of arrogance about it sometimes like some of those there believe they are somehow better fans than others in the ground. The line 'supporters not spectators' sounds like a dig at others to me. Every Rover in that ground is a supporter not just ones who bounce around and the like.

On the whole it's certainly a good thing though in my view just nowhere near it's made out to be from my experience, as I have said I will try again though.

Also agree on the slow 'Oh when the saints' sounding crap when any set of fans sing it even the ones who have always sang it.

No idea why the atmosphere around the ground was so flat yesterday though maybe the weather or the fact it was game over early and then just killing time till the final whistle.

In an ideal world both ends would be really loud but it will never happen partly because the acoustics aren't great for it and you struggle to hear the other end too often.

I think the reason people 'knock' the DE at times is because there seems to be an air of arrogance about it sometimes like some of those there believe they are somehow better fans than others in the ground. The line 'supporters not spectators' sounds like a dig at others to me. Every Rover in that ground is a supporter not just ones who bounce around and the like.

On the whole it's certainly a good thing though in my view just nowhere near it's made out to be from my experience, as I have said I will try again though.

Also agree on the slow 'Oh when the saints' sounding crap when any set of fans sing it even the ones who have always sang it.

No idea why the atmosphere around the ground was so flat yesterday though maybe the weather or the fact it was game over early and then just killing time till the final whistle.

In an ideal world both ends would be really loud but it will never happen partly because the acoustics aren't great for it and you struggle to hear the other end too often.

No doubt you will get some that think they are, but those behind the 'Blue Brigade' have got together to make a difference to the atmosphere and encourage other like minded individuals over to the Darwen End to do the same, not create an 'us versus them'. The main reasoning behind it was the constant negativity which I think we can all agree it rife within Ewood (even at 3-0 up yesterday judging by some of the comments i've seen).

The atmosphere was flat in all but one place yesterday... what would it have been like was it not for the Darwen End? Obviously people in the ground heard us and I heard us on MOTD last night too. Big Sam waves to us every game too so nothing wrong with his ears :D

No doubt you will get some that think they are, but those behind the 'Blue Brigade' have got together to make a difference to the atmosphere and encourage other like minded individuals over to the Darwen End to do the same, not create an 'us versus them'. The main reasoning behind it was the constant negativity which I think we can all agree it rife within Ewood (even at 3-0 up yesterday judging by some of the comments i've seen).

The atmosphere was flat in all but one place yesterday... what would it have been like was it not for the Darwen End? Obviously people in the ground heard us and I heard us on MOTD last night too. Big Sam waves to us every game too so nothing wrong with his ears :D

I'm all for you lot Ben! Just put a bloody rocket up their arse if they try singing Tottenham songs again!

• Backroom

Ben, massive respect to those (azzy b and the like- sorry that's the only name I remember from the start of the campaign) who really ran with the idea to make it a success because it is an improvement for sure on just one end solely making any noise.

I sit five seats from the JW stand at the back of the BBE so couldn't be further away from the guys you see bobbing around at times maybe that's why I don't hear them much as yesterday I didn't hear much in the second half but did a couple of times.

Fair do's guys... I can't take credit for being there from the very beginning, but there are now 4 of us who are in regular contact with the club. They have been very supportive of us and accommodating so far. We have ironed out a couple of issues and hope to continue the good relationship. The group however does want to remain independent rather than be an Official Supporters Club.

With the songs there is always going to be differing opinions, and it's difficult sometimes as songs are usually copied from other clubs but we'll see what happens :tu:

Look out for a very large flag coming soon, a tribute to a great man. Massive clue there ;)

• Backroom

Yes I've always said it's about time we got a Mokoena flag :P

Also Ben I know the club speak very highly of the lads in there they held a meeting with :)

I think the Blackburn End are more interested in how they can get rid of the manager these days! :rolleyes:

Yes I've always said it's about time we got a Mokoena flag :P

Also Ben I know the club speak very highly of the lads in there they held a meeting with :)

That's nice to know... I don't know what other club would spend around 90mins talking to fans from 7pm onwards... they are a credit.

Oh and thanks Tom, the secret is well and truly out now :lol:

...so you admit you can hear us from N01 now? :lol:

(just kidding)

There's new songs developing all the time in the Darwen End too... :brfc:

....i tried getting a "You can stick your world cup up your ar5e.....sideways!" song going on Saturday, but nobody seemed interested :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived