BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

Abbs,be honest,the B/burn end is a disgrace these days and you know it fella!.

I could hear the Darwen End lower clearly from were I sit in N04 section......Big Sam could cleary too with his acknowledgments to them.

Both stands behind the goals being vociferous is the way to go....the B/burn end just needs a kick up the arse!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbs,be honest,the B/burn end is a disgrace these days and you know it fella!.

I could hear the Darwen End lower clearly from were I sit in N04 section......Big Sam could cleary too with his acknowledgments to them.

Both stands behind the goals being vociferous is the way to go....the B/burn end just needs a kick up the arse!

Myself included, a big percentage of BBEnders have sat in the same seats since it was built 15 years ago. Lot of fans are getting older and many are getting a bit too comfy surrounded by familiar faces.

It can still rouse itself every now and then, the Darren End is the spark us main end dwellers need.

The BBend is a great stand, the Darwen End is a great new innovarion.

So, lets stop this yawnfest that could be described as 'banter' on here!

Well it's either denial or deafness Hughesy/Abbey :wacko:

I too hear them from the Riverside... the BBE join in (now and then) with their songs so they must be heard from over there.

The 3 games I was in the DE last season were fantastic... had no voice at the end like at away games.

Should be even better this season with the extra few that have jumped in there :tu:

Well it's either denial or deafness Hughesy/Abbey :wacko:

I too hear them from the Riverside... the BBE join in (now and then) with their songs so they must be heard from over there.

The 3 games I was in the DE last season were fantastic... had no voice at the end like at away games.

Should be even better this season with the extra few that have jumped in there :tu:

I heard the Chris Samba built just like a shed song, loud and quite clear from the corner of N01.

I'm moving to the Darwen End for a number of reasons,

- I've sat in the Jack Walker Lower & Upper, Blackburn End Lower & Upper and the Riverside, never sat in the Darwen End

- Being near the away supporters should be a good laugh

- I want to have (like you said) no voice at the end

- The moaners in the Blackburn End dampened my mood, I used to sit near this guy who didn't know how to celebrate a goal, he moaned because I touched his hood :rolleyes:

- I couldn't sit/stand next to my boyfriend, his seat was on the row in front, now we can sit where we want

• Backroom

To back up hughesy and abbey I sit in no1 and many times havnt heard anything from the darwen end then read on here how bouncing it was in there.

Humans being humans....

Always having to claim ownership over everything. Mine is better than yours.

If I gave one half of you a stone and then gave the other half an identical stone, you would argue that you have the larger one.

I've sat in the BBE and there has been a great atmosphere but there was also a man in front of me that had a large swastika tattoo.

I sat in the Darwen End plenty of times last season and there was an effective singing section. However, in GCSE English I remember learning about the 'Groundlings' that attended Shakespeare plays. They would shout and scream and even throw food at the actors if they didn't appreciate the play. Basically poor educated louts. A few times, I thought these individuals had joined me on the Darwen End.

Also, this may be a controversial comment but I have never understood why anyone would look up to the away fans and for no reason at all, throw numerous hand gestures up to them, particularly when there are kids sat there. Watching parents allowing their kids to do it is very sad. Hate should never be taught. Children do not have the ability to understand that the actions taken against away supporters can not and should not be carried into real life.

When visiting grounds as an away fan, particularly in mainland Europe, I always enjoy games where two sets of home fans in different stands are always singing (not in a hatred kinda way) at each other. Sometimes the teams even ignore the away team as if they're not there because they're focusing their efforts on 'out doing' the other stand. It seems to create a good atmosphere when there isn't much to shout about on the pitch but when the match is exciting, both stands unite and create a good vocal backing for the team.

To back up hughesy and abbey I sit in no1 and many times havnt heard anything from the darwen end then read on here how bouncing it was in there.

If you can't hear them, look at them! They are bouncing for most of the match! Can hear them clearly from my seat near the bench!

You can't hear the Darwen end from N01, you probably can't really hear the B'burn End from the Darwen end though, who honestly gives a damn?!?!

The pathetic bickering over which end is best is the biggest reason I wouldn't even consider moving my current seat. The B'burn end is, and always will be home for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to getting back in the DE sat although I've just had reconstruction on my knee so I won't be able to stand in the corner , sounds like many more have joined our numbers , don't forget to join the blue brigade facebook group and get invovled in our discussions

• Moderation Lead

Can't wait to return to the DE tomorrow. Though for me the BBE is and always will be the premier home end- I loved last season in the DE and will no doubt be the same this season!

Can't wait for sat back in the darwen end singing section, just had reconstruction on my knee though so I am not going to be able to stand at the back, looks like many more have swelled our ranks this season , should be even more noisy. Don't forget to join our facebook page blue brigade and join in our discussions , sing your hearts out

Everton fans were pants last year in the DE , honestly I think the only game we were outdone last season was villa cup game

Looking forward to it...be interesting to see how they do surrounded by 5000 Everton fans.

It's how it used to be.

I can remember being in the Darwen End in the 60's when I imagine there were that number of Everton fans.

Without segregation.

grow up - thought you had more about you than that! This really is getting more than a bit pathetic :brfc:

Posts like that really are pathetic Hughesy, are you a rovers fan or not :S

Posts saying 'Looking forward to it' - 'be interesting to see how they do surrounded by 5k everton fans'?

Sorry but what is pathetic about that??? I was simply stating it would be interested to see if we could hear you if they were loud.... :rolleyes::blink:

Posts saying 'Looking forward to it' - 'be interesting to see how they do surrounded by 5k everton fans'?

Sorry but what is pathetic about that??? I was simply stating it would be interested to see if we could hear you if they were loud.... :rolleyes::blink:

And we were ;)

Archived