BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great banter yesterday in the DE :tu:

Everton fans were their usual shockingly quiet selves, considering the numbers they bring.

Can anybody shed some light on what seemed like a spot of bother down the front near the end of the game? The police & stewards were restraining a big guy in a yellow top. Couldn`t tell if he was Rovers or bin-dipper from where we were.

Best chant of the day came from the BBE (yes, we actually heard them for once :unsure:) just after our goal..."One nil & your shirts are ####" :lol:

Also enjoyed the "Englands number 1" chant for Robbo. He turned to the DE, shook his head, pointed to the Rovers badge & then to the number 1 on his back.....so everyone started singing "Rovers number 1". Robbo gave us the BIG thumbs up :tu:

Robbo loves the Darwen End!

Best chant of the day came from the BBE (yes, we actually heard them for once :unsure:) just after our goal..."One nil & your shirts are ####" :lol:

Also enjoyed the "Englands number 1" chant for Robbo. He turned to the DE, shook his head, pointed to the Rovers badge & then to the number 1 on his back.....so everyone started singing "Rovers number 1". Robbo gave us the BIG thumbs up :tu:

Robbo loves the Darwen End!

I didn't hear that song once, the best chant had to be Giiiiiiiiiiivet, wherever you may be.

Ye Robbo loves the Darwen End, Nelsen acknowledged us after the game, so did most of the players, the Darwen End is the place to be ;)

• Backroom

Yep I'd say the 'One nil and your shirts are sh*t' were nearly as loud as anything on the day. Apparently started by our very own Abbey. Good work after his 'Terry's got a hardon' chant last year.

Got to say the rousing, 'One Jack walker' had my hairs on end

I actually heard you lot for once, can't understand why you were singing for Emerton though

The Everton fans were quiet, they sung that 'Everton' song and 'nobody better than Mikel Arteta' in the first few minutes that was about it.

I don't know why I didn't hear that one nil song must have been singing something else.

Yep I'd say the 'One nil and your shirts are sh*t' were nearly as loud as anything on the day. Apparently started by our very own Abbey. Good work after his 'Terry's got a hardon' chant last year.

Got to say the rousing, 'One Jack walker' had my hairs on end

One does try ones best

Anyway, JW Upper is better. Like party animals.

Once they've been long dead and stuffed ;) I've sat up there a few times, the silence was deafening. No singing at all. Once, after a dreadful midfield pass, through abject frustration I shouted, "Jesus Christ!". The snotty woman in front turned round and proclaimed, "Oh, I didn't know HE was playing," then got her thermos out. Miserable moo.

Just thought I'd put a good word in for those of us sat in the Riverside near the Darwen End. Plenty of signing and a good atmosphere. We were definitely belting out the "1-0 and your shirts..." chant after the goal. The Shed is still a pretty good place to be, provided you're at least 10 rows back.

Well done all round I'd say. Shame the JW is so sparse still.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived