BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

I loved the song about Arsene Wenger, his bag of sweets and cheeky smile!

It's a packet of sweets ;) I liked the 'sit down you paedophile' chant and 'you're just a bus stop in Tottenham' Arsenal fans deserved the abuse just because they shouted 'Yid' sh*te to Robbo.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The arsene wenger chants in my book are near the Owen coyle chants, disgusting.

I know it's in jest but to me calling someone a pedophile is just low.

Sadly,not the first time this has happened either.About time the Darwen end was segregated right down the middle like they used to do.

Unfortunately we don't have the numbers to fill half the DE top tier and the club won't leave 1500 seats empty when there are away fans willing to pay £35.

Darwen End was good first half, second half not as good. This could be attributed to the fact that Arsenal pressed, whilst we huffed and puffed without creating much (until the end!).

The beer thrown down was lovely, police kept videoing us though despite us doing nothing at all unlawful. Joke how home fans are treated that way in our home stadium.

The arsene wenger chants in my book are near the Owen coyle chants, disgusting.

I know it's in jest but to me calling someone a pedophile is just low.

It's silly, childish and nasty. I don't like the man but he doesn't deserve to be called that.

The top tier should be adequately stewarded, and it's a shame the police can't be bothered to film the away fans as Sambo says, it really is a joke. I'd like to know how many of OUR fans they have managed to arrest as a result of this intimidation?

Darwen End was good first half, second half not as good. This could be attributed to the fact that Arsenal pressed, whilst we huffed and puffed without creating much (until the end!).

The beer thrown down was lovely, police kept videoing us though despite us doing nothing at all unlawful. Joke how home fans are treated that way in our home stadium.

yeah, it's really getting on my breasts how they are filming and starring at the darwen end. makes people reluctant to be vociferous. being vociferous is a normal part of bein a supporter at a footy game, no a crime.

The top tier should be adequately stewarded, and it's a shame the police can't be bothered to film the away fans as Sambo says, it really is a joke. I'd like to know how many of OUR fans they have managed to arrest as a result of this intimidation?

It was my first time in there and I have to say I really enjoyed it and didn't feel as out of place as I sometimes did in the BBE last season, i.e. afraid to wake up some of the locals.

I have to also comment on the poor stewarding job in the Darwen End. The top tier where repeatedly throwing stuff down at the home fans in there and the police just seemed interested in filming and photographing the home fans whilst a certain steward in the top tier spent the second half watching the fans in the bottom tier while some of the Arsenal fans pelted us for 45 minutes.

The Darwen end is full of little kids in trackies who have had 1 too many - thats why its being filmed! :lol:

No offence to any older fans who sit in their! ;)

yet another pathetic generalisation ... I'll be raising the stewarding in the top tier of the Darwen End at the next FF.

Well done, jwupper/ This is the kind of stuff that really angers me. The BBE used to be targeted for standing whilst the away fans stood merrily for the whole match (and indeed often still do). We need a bit of BOTTLE, Stewards :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

The Darwen end is full of little kids in trackies who have had 1 too many - thats why its being filmed! :lol:

No offence to any older fans who sit in their! ;)

.....& where do you get this inmformation Hughesy? :huh: Your eyesight must be bl00dy fantastic as you can pick out trackies & people`s age groups from the BBE.....not to mention what they`ve been drinking pre-match. You`ve obviously missed your vocation of being a top army marksman.

Change of subject,

Good atmosphere in DE lower for Fulham game, but it tailed off as the 2nd half progressed. We had to stand a bit further down the stand, due to the leg-iron running late but it didn`t spoil the banter. I missed our goal due to being eye-balled by a big black steward who thought a beach ball being batted around was dangerous. He wanted to confiscate it but got angered when it was constantly batted away from him....PR1CK! :lol:

Best chants of the day....

"he drinks, he drives, he spits in people`s eyes, El Haj Diouf, El Haj Diouf!"

"Danny Murphy robs his gran, robs his gran, robs his gran. Danny Murphy robs his gran....he`s a scouser"

& the usual "bus stop in London, you`re just a bus stop in London"

The atmosphere in the Darwen End is suffering because the football on the pitch sucks the life out of the crowd.

Out of interest how many fans did Fulham sing? Couldn't see them from my seat.

I reckon the Darwen end are doing a top job.I'm in a fortunate position to be able to sit in the Darwen End in the first half and BBurn End in the second. Although it's hard to hear either end from the oppposite side (probably due to it 'floating' over the Riverside - another arguement for another day) it is good to see lads putting the effort in. Keep it up boys, it'll pay off in the end.

PS would love it if we could shrug off the olf faithful 'Barmy Army' and use something a bit less 'schoolie'. (eg 'Blue Army', 'We Are the Rovers', 'Blue and White Army') . However, it's better than nowt.

Archived