BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

With the two lads I sit with unable to make the match yesterday, I switched my Bburn End ticket for a Darwen End one. Stood in the top corner with the singers. Reminded me of the Blackburn End of the 70's. A few hundred likeminded folk stood together giving it their all for the lads. Good banter, good singing, good atmosphere. Good on 'em. Didn't hear a peep from the Bburn End all afternoon.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best chants of the day....

"he drinks, he drives, he spits in people`s eyes, El Haj Diouf, El Haj Diouf!"

"Danny Murphy robs his gran, robs his gran, robs his gran. Danny Murphy robs his gran....he`s a scouser"

& the usual "bus stop in London, you`re just a bus stop in London"

I'm sure they were singing another one like, Danny Murphy is a tw*t, he shags Gerrard :lol:

My favourite was, we'll be painting Blackpool Tower Blue n White.

As has been stated previously, we couldn't hear you either. Blackburn end was crap though yesterday, the awful football being served up didn't help matters either.

We were loud to start the game, but it petered out. Still made some decent noise.

And it's the design of the stadium that's at fault. Because there aren't any corners and the Riverside is only one tier the sound escapes.

The lads round N01 with me were attempting to make some kind of atmosphere but we gave up in the end due to lack of interest. I'm ashamed to admit I left after 80 minutes to go the Fernhurst too, a first for me.

A blessing in disguise. The atmosphere matched the dormant performance on the pitch in the 2nd half

As expected the Darwen End lovers picked up my comment & didnt like it - It was a joke which was intended to cause a reaction :rolleyes:

Didnt do bad on Saturday, could hear you abit better with no away competition. Still not very loud from the BBE, however it was clear you were making some sort of noise. BBE - N01 & 2 did ok for the 1st half then calmed down!

We lack a bite in midfield that gets the crowd going....only strong challenge came from Salgado.

Sit very close to the Darwen end in the riverside and must say for the record there were only tiny mutterings coming from this end, when Rovers attacked the Blackburn end, the whole of the Blackburn end rose on a number of ocassions, to cheer far louder than the Darwen enders could.

The only problem was the Blackburn end only got behind the team when the team showed some purpose, were as the Darwen end continually sang but not with no great noise about it, it must be said.

per seat populated the Darwen End far "out sings" any area of the ground - this thread gets more pathetic and childish after each home match, and I sit (well stand) in the Darwen End!! I wonder if any other set of fans in the PL ... make it 92 clubs ... actually lets make it the UK ... go on then Europe ... balls to it, the world has this small minded, childish, pathetic debate (slanging match) about which is the better end, who out sings who amongst their own fans?!?!?!?!?!?

As I brought a mate up with me Saturday I got my season ticket transferred from Blackburn end (N01) to the Darwen end,

This was the first time I have been in the Darwen end and I must say I was very impressed with the atmosphere in there!

Only heard the Fulham fans once! And the Blackburn end a couple of times!

having sat in both ends I would say the Darwen end has a more variety of songs and is much louder on a constant average, although when the whole Blackburn end wakes up and decides to get behind the team it is louder as there is twice/three times as many voices!!

I’m very tempted to transfer again for future games, but until they do a whole season ticket in there I wont be moving over!

• Moderation Lead

There were a lot of new faces in the DE on Saturday- and frankly some of them were mugs.

Whingeing about everything, yes we were poor on Saturday, it's silly to argue otherwise, but really booing at FT???

Another thing that really annoyed me at weekend was the jeers, boos etc of players & then also at the final whistle.

Going off some of the reactions you would have thought we lost 4-0 at home.

if you thought that was good enough and didnt deserve boos at the end then i honestly fear for our club because that was the most lacklustre boring game ive ever witnessed .

if you thought that was good enough and didnt deserve boos at the end then i honestly fear for our club because that was the most lacklustre boring game ive ever witnessed .

Thats my point - NO TEAM plays well EVERY single game, we are 5 games in and have played decent so far. Im not saying we were good enough on saturday - we were far from it, however its like people EXPECT us to win & if we dont then they throw there toys out of the pram.

We drew 1-1, if we had lost, THEN I would have seen more of an arguement for some people to boo.

Strange how the cheapest tickets brought out the most moaners & boo's!

I personally have only booed and hurled out abuse once in my football watching life, that was at Paul Ince away at Wigan.

I felt I had to as we were on the verge of disaster. Drawing against a decent Fulham side is not such an occasion. But each to their own.

As some of you may or may not be aware I am a member of the Fans Forum. During the last meeting the subject was raised of general policing and stewarding within the Darwen End, and as a result of this the club would like a meeting with supporters (a maximum of 10) who sit there to discuss various issues. So .....

if you are a Season Ticket holder in the Darwen End and would like to be involved in this (the meeting will probably be Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th October) please PM either myself or azzyb_90 or if you prefer email me with a couple of issues you would like to raise and why you feel you should be involved in this group.

Obviously we'd like to get this moving quite quickly so that we can meet with the club before the next home game. It should also be pointed out that the club are keen for this to happen, so if you'd like to get involved get in touch.

:brfc:

As some of you may or may not be aware I am a member of the Fans Forum. During the last meeting the subject was raised of general policing and stewarding within the Darwen End, and as a result of this the club would like a meeting with supporters (a maximum of 10) who sit there to discuss various issues. So .....

if you are a Season Ticket holder in the Darwen End and would like to be involved in this (the meeting will probably be Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th October) please PM either myself or azzyb_90 or if you prefer email me with a couple of issues you would like to raise and why you feel you should be involved in this group.

Obviously we'd like to get this moving quite quickly so that we can meet with the club before the next home game. It should also be pointed out that the club are keen for this to happen, so if you'd like to get involved get in touch.

I'm not stood in with the main group in the Darwen End, but I've found the 'eyeballing' that they get from stewards etc to be a bit annoying.

Atmospheres in grounds will never get going if it we have to 'sit nicely', and show no kind of passion. What do they want?...for us all to clap along nicely to 'Barmy Army'. Any ground in the country which is described as having a good atmosphere have, and need, a section of vociferous fans (who may from time to time be uncouth). I really don't think they pose any kind of threat to large scale disorder.

Have already been in touch on the Darwen End site and will be attending - was just awaiting the date.

Should be interesting. I was pleased to see that there were no Police at the Fulham game watching us...

well the little hitlers tried again with n01 hahaha. told us we would all get letters for standing and possibly banned hahaha i asked if mine could run until zzzzam goes.Seriously tho its typical school yard bully tactics,no one says a dickie bird until clubs with no away followings come and then they think its fair game.

well the little hitlers tried again with n01 hahaha. told us we would all get letters for standing and possibly banned hahaha i asked if mine could run until zzzzam goes.Seriously tho its typical school yard bully tactics,no one says a dickie bird until clubs with no away followings come and then they think its fair game.

Fighting fire with fire.

Why not just sit down, as the ground regulations state supporters are required to do (apart from in case of a goal etc)? You wouldn't get threatened with a ban unless you were taking the p**s.

Archived