BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I am in the standing section of the DE and frankly fail to see an issue. People stand up in the BBE as well, are they going to be forced to sit down as well? Why would stewards want to kill the enjoyment of the experience, quieten the crowd which has served us so well since the DE has been open for ST holders again? Abysmal.

The fact of the matter is if the club come down hard on people standing then it will be the beginning of the end of the singing section. People have moved there so they can stand and sing... it just wouldn't work all seated. There's been a group standing in the BBE corner for years too.

JW upper - Is this the main issue the club have with the Darwen End? They seem very keen to meet before the next home game. Cheers.

Looking forward to attending anyway - at least we will get the chance to put some points across.

Ben200, if the club have an 'issue' then I am not aware of one. My understanding is that they want to discuss various issues relating to the Darwen End following on from the general Fans Forum meeting.

Having been at the meeting that's my understanding as well. I've just posted on the Blue Brigade Facebook page, trying to get a date and time fixed up. I'd like to get it all set up before the weekend. 11th October would be best for me, any time.

Having been at the meeting that's my understanding as well. I've just posted on the Blue Brigade Facebook page, trying to get a date and time fixed up. I'd like to get it all set up before the weekend. 11th October would be best for me, any time.

Have replied on there... am easy with dates... evening would be best though due to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically , this is what was discussed at the meeting;

Standing in the aisles will not be tolerated by stewards. It was

agreed that fans should be told this and that keeping the aisles clear

will result in much less confrontation with stewards.

Stewards cannot also allow more people to stand in rows than there

are seats, which has happened occasionally in the "singing" area as it

has become more popular.

we dont all need to crowd in at the top lets spread all the way down to the bottom : ).

In terms of how the club can benefit us we have discussed lots of new ideas all of which seemed rather promising and the marketing director of the club is now going to try and help us move forward in terms of where we want to be, flags, scarves, publicity etc.

Fans are interested in getting hold of some large flags. Any large flags must be of fire resistant materials. Fans would like some publicity from the club for their efforts and Greg agreed to get Paul Agnew to contact them for future articles in the match programme, for example. Greg also said he would investigate costings of a flag but was unable to commit any further until then.

Fans would also like to have specific Blue Brigade merchandise produced, maybe scarves and t-shirts. Greg agreed to consider what items would be suitable and agreed to let them have details of possible suppliers. Fans agreed to discuss whether they were happy for the club to produce items for them or whether they wished to keep the group more independent of the club.

Also the club said they couldn't do anything about police filming us and were trying their best to crack down on missiles thrown down by away fans but it was a tricky job.

Good meeting all in all, they were very enthusiastic and appreciative of the singing section and stressed how much of a difference the players say it makes to them. They mentioned about having future meetings and keeping in contact so if anyones got anything they wanna tell the club let us know.

has become more popular.

we dont all need to crowd in at the top lets spread all the way down to the bottom : ).

In terms of how the club can benefit us we have discussed lots of new ideas all of which seemed rather promising and the marketing director of the club is now going to try and help us move forward in terms of where we want to be, flags, scarves, publicity etc.

Fans are interested in getting hold of some large flags. Any large flags must be of fire resistant materials. Fans would like some publicity from the club for their efforts and Greg agreed to get Paul Agnew to contact them for future articles in the match programme, for example. Greg also said he would investigate costings of a flag but was unable to commit any further until then.

Fans would also like to have specific Blue Brigade merchandise produced, maybe scarves and t-shirts. Greg agreed to consider what items would be suitable and agreed to let them have details of possible suppliers. Fans agreed to discuss whether they were happy for the club to produce items for them or whether they wished to keep the group more independent of the club.

Also the club said they couldn't do anything about police filming us and were trying their best to crack down on missiles thrown down by away fans but it was a tricky job.

Good meeting all in all, they were very enthusiastic and appreciative of the singing section and stressed how much of a difference the players say it makes to them. They mentioned about having future meetings and keeping in contact so if anyones got anything they wanna tell the club let us know.

As usual, BRFC show themselves as a club that will go the extra mile for the fans.

However, I would say to you Darren Enders on the issue of flags and banners- try and keep independent from the club.

As usual, BRFC show themselves as a club that will go the extra mile for the fans.

However, I would say to you Darren Enders on the issue of flags and banners- try and keep independent from the club.

They had some issues too eg standing on the steps... but it was good to go there and discuss everything openly on both sides. It was mutually beneficial and things should continue to move forward.

They were really positive and love how it has developed... long may it continue.

:brfc:

Any possibility of the Blue Brigade getting their hands on some blue n white flares or smoke-emitting devices? Particularly for night matches, these would certainly add to the whole stadium atmosphere and fan match experience (of course, for Health and Safety risk assessment purposes the operators would have to wear full protective clothing, have first aid qualifications and large extinguishers to hand...filled with blue n white foam, perhaps!?) .

No chance of the flairs or smoke bombs mate this country is health and safety mad, word has it that a lot of other similar style ultra groups at other clubs have had difficulty with their flags and banners because they do not have a safety certificate and are not flame retardent . Hence this is why we believe it would be better the club giving us some help towards flags etc to avoid any problems and a waste of time and effort to make them. This seems way over the top but that is modern football for you these days.next thing you can't go into the ground without wearing a safety helmet and fireproof clothing. The club are very keen to work with us and continue to improve the singing section and I think they deserve a lot of credit for this. If you support what we are doing don't forget to join our facebook group - blue brigade - or alternatively post your ideas on www.bluebrigade.co.uk

has become more popular.

I just hope you Darren Enders are prepared to use the grey matter and a little common sense here,maybe,just maybe you might then see the stewards back off a little.

I think your doing a great job but dont cut your own throats.

Absolutely awesome support from the Darren Enders again tonight. What was that chant that started at the beginning of the second half and went on for twenty minutes? Thought the Larissa fans were back here again!

Its called Dale Cavese and it is sung by some 'ultra' groups across Europe, but has been adopted by the ultra groups here, eg Stanley and other lower leaguers.

I was furious last night to see that the Sunderland fans were allowed to stand. If our own supporters dare to stand the stewards are down on them like a ton of bricks. Similar happens to Rovers fans at away matches, whilst other clubs allow their own supporters to stand.

I fully appreciate that the rules say no standing, but that should apply to all- no excuses. :angry2:

Well done to Rovers' Darwen Enders last night, you even got the Blackburn End back on song!!!

Archived