BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where Are The Goals Going To Come From?

correct me if i'm wrong...but if you DONT SCORE you DONT win?

Where have I even implied anything to the contrary?

One day you'll make a worthwhile contribution to a debate, instead of pointless, sarcastic one liners. Seriously, what am I meant to do with that post?

Where have I even implied anything to the contrary?

One day you'll make a worthwhile contribution to a debate, instead of pointless, sarcastic one liners. Seriously, what am I meant to do with that post?

I'd love to know who repped him twice for that pointless contribution.

LeChuck was clearly pointing out that you can grind out results, without having to break the back of the net - something we made a habit of last season. Me? I'm mostly concerned about Dunn. He'll be hard-pressed to repeat last season's tally, and we could be in trouble if no one else decides to start chipping in.

We don't have the finances to be in the Premiership. But we haven't allowed that to stop us in the past.

Actually being in the Premiership and finishing top 8 in the Premiership are two quite different things, Mr E.

If he was remotely capable of doing that he'd have done so by now..

have been fishing all day since 0400hrs and this afternoon I landed a huge mirrir carp. Imagine my surprise when it told me (as I unhooked it) that Rovers troubles are almost over in the goalscoring department. On querying Mr Carp and his statement, he said Rovers are close to signing a striker and Niko will score 15-20 goals. !

Just thought I would pass it on (along with the rest of the crap being spouted on here) :wacko:

• Backroom

Love the optimism Hughesy, could be misplaced though, 10th was flattering to us last season IMO gained by a couple of unexpected results against teams off their game

Guest roverspogges

It is actually possible in the future that fish could talk, there have been extensive studies proving it could may well happen. I would provide a link but it's missing, I'm sure roverite can help though.

It is actually possible in the future that fish could talk, there have been extensive studies proving it could may well happen. I would provide a link but it's missing, I'm sure roverite can help though.

Are you high?

correct me if i'm wrong...but if you DONT SCORE you DONT win?

Far too positive an outlook for the borefest that is the Premier League .... more important that if you don't concede you don't lose.

Quite simply the midfield will have to chip in more this season. Dunn had his best goalscoring season for yonks but the others were poor.

1 goal for Andrews? How many shots did he have? Hoilett...zero? Diouf and MGP need a few more as well.

Kalinic, I am pretty sure, will score more than last season. He'll play more for a start. How many more is the question, however...I haven't seen anything from him to really suggest he will be a prolific goalscorer. Still, you never know, a few early goals and a raised confidence (as opposed to that Sunderland horror show last year) and he could hit the ground running...

So the current crop should land around 10th, no probs with that....simples!

I think people are hugely underestimating the loss of Di Santo and McCarthy from the squad. Granted neither of them did much at all last season but at least if you've got four strikers all out of form and not scoring you can rotate them about in the hope of finding a combination that works and in the hope that at least one will find some form and confidence.

When you've only got two strikers, neither of whom are firing, where do you go from there? And that's not even allowing for any injuries or suspensions.

With the squad as it stands at this moment a huge amount rests on Dunn and Kalinic. It's maybe a little optimistic to expect ten league goals from Dunn again so we really need the thick end of fifteen from Kalinic. Is he up to it? Only time will tell.

No real reason why NZonzi shouldn't chip in with a few more this season though judging by his wonderstrike towards the end of last season.

I think people are hugely underestimating the loss of Di Santo and McCarthy from the squad.

Di Santo...I'll give you that. We need a third striker for competition.

Not McCarthy though. We've got six months worth of evidence that shows we are a stronger team without him.

Not McCarthy though. We've got six months worth of evidence that shows we are a stronger team without him.

Well, let's say "someone like McCarthy". Afer all, Benni has scored loads of goals over his time at Ewood. Just because we managed 10th last season without that type of goalscorer, it doesn't follow that we wont miss a goalscorer this season. You can't let players of the talent of Benni go, not replace them and not pay the consequences eventually.

"Dicing with death" comes to mind.

If we'd let McCarthy go in his prime then I'd totally agree.

The McCarthy we let go last season wasn't the same McCarthy who bagged 20 goals for us though.

The player we let go was unmotivated, overweight and not good enough to get into a poor South African squad.

The McCarthy we let go last season wasn't the same McCarthy who bagged 20 goals for us though.

The player we let go was unmotivated, overweight and not good enough to get into a poor South African squad.

Just to confirm something, Benni got dropped from the SA squad for his extra marital activities... I'm not sure he would have figured anyway but...

Clicky

Yeah, I know LeChuck. He was a goalscorer we haven't replaced though - even if it was two seasons ago. We got away without replacing his goals last season, but we might pay the price for that this season.

I'm very worried about who is going to score the goals for us next season. As hard as he tries Jason Roberts is not a goal scorer. He works hard, gets stuck in and can really trouble defenders on his day. But for all that he is not a reliable goal scorer. Kalinic is a very talented player, who showed last season that he can perform at this level. He was very unlucky not to have scored more goals with the amount of times he hit the woodwork. But again, I'm not sure we can rely on him to score consistently in the league just yet and it would be unfair to do so. If he were to get 8 - 10 league goals, I'd be happy. David Dunn did well for us last season, but he can't do it all by himself. He still has problems with his fitness which means he will miss games. The goals dried up a long time ago for Pedersen and I stopped expecting anything from him a long time ago. We are left looking to bring in a striker who can score consistently with a budget of £2.5 million. :unsure:

Yeah, I know LeChuck. He was a goalscorer we haven't replaced though - even if it was two seasons ago. We got away without replacing his goals last season, but we might pay the price for that this season.

To be fair, Sam must have thought the same as you, because he was trying to push through a deal for Dindane right up until deadline day.

Having said that, his 'form' at West Ham suggests there was little to replace in terms of goal scoring.

Just to confirm something, Benni got dropped from the SA squad for his extra marital activities... I'm not sure he would have figured anyway but...

Clicky

Cheers for that, I wasn't aware of those issues. There isn't much in that article though so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Archived