BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Digest Thread Request

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Hello, everyone.

Once again I've been doing the transfer news digests on a daily basis throughout June and July, this time covering both the main transfer thread and the takeover thread. I will be doing my last one tomorrow, all being well, before heading off on vacation, so I'd like to ask for other members to take over the task.

The digest started off two years ago when rebelmswar created the Nicko's News Ticker thread as a "condensed version for those on the go" and many members have chipped in with contributions in the intervening transfer windows to keep the digest going. This summer's digest has been attracting around 200 views per day and I suspect that rather a good few members rely on the digest to keep up with the transfer-related news and views that nicko and the brfcs community provide.

If the digest could be kept going during August, I think it would be most useful for members seeking to keep up or catch up with the news. I think this may be especially the case this year as the extraordinary developments surrounding the takeover of the club so far this summer promise a tense end to the transfer window as the uncertainty regarding ownership of the club impacts upon transfer policy and the manager's planning.

If a single member can take it on, that's great, but I'm sure that it can be managed again among several members as has been the case previously. Also, everyone can help out by adding any relevant links to the digest thread (as well as the transfer or takeover thread), accompanied by an indication of the source and a brief explanation where necessary.

Finally, may I suggest using this thread for volunteering, coordination and general communication regarding the upkeep of the Transfer Links thread to avoid polluting the TL thread itself and to avoid duplication of work.

Archived