BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robbie Savage:The Autobiography

Whatever works Mum. They're all grown men, if MGP allows a little no necked Welshman shouting at him to affect him that much then he's an even bigger pussy than I already thought.

To be honest, that's a load of tosh. I've had someone constantly berating me playing football over a long period of time and it gets you down and it affects your confidence even when you have a go back. Someone with the attitude of Bellamy, who is quite as likely to nut you as swear at you, doing that for a couple of years is going to affect anyone's confidence. Football is a game full of ego and for some players confidence is a fairly fragile thing no matter what you say. Having a nut job bellowing insults at you and constantly berating you is going to affect your performance.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, that's a load of tosh. I've had someone constantly berating me playing football over a long period of time and it gets you down and it affects your confidence even when you have a go back. Someone with the attitude of Bellamy, who is quite as likely to nut you as swear at you, doing that for a couple of years is going to affect anyone's confidence. Football is a game full of ego and for some players confidence is a fairly fragile thing no matter what you say. Having a nut job bellowing insults at you and constantly berating you is going to affect your performance.

But they only played together for one year, and Pedersen went downhill after Bellamy left. Perhaps he needs the abuse...

But they only played together for one year, and Pedersen went downhill after Bellamy left. Perhaps he needs the abuse...

Perhaps Bellamy started it and Benni continued it...

The very old idea that some players need an arm around the shoulder and others need a kick up the backside applies here maybe?

I don't like to hear of anyone being bullied, I've heard enough of it in my lifetime (most of it I would consider very hurtful and unnecessary), and I don't care who you are it isn't nice. Why should Peds sink to Bellamy's level and 'nut' him?

p.s. and stop winding me up Neil or I'll come round and sort you out :P

Anyone seen this? Some qoutes from Savage - fair enough but I'm sure I've read that he always thought Rovers was has happiest time and best club.

Savage added: 'I was at the World Cup this summer and I saw David Moyes and I said "why didn't you sign me?"

'And he said "we couldn't afford you in the end" tongue in cheek. But he put two or three bids in for me and one was accepted by Birmingham but it got turned down at the last minute for some reason and I went to Blackburn instead.'

'I know I played for Blackburn in Europe but, in terms of having everything, at Birmingham it was incredible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300806/Robbie-Savage-rues-decision-join-Everton.html#ixzz0vpSHODht'>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300806/Robbie-Savage-rues-decision-join-Everton.html#ixzz0vpSHODht

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300806/Robbie-Savage-rues-decision-join-Everton.html

McCarthy was another player who was always berating Pedersen and his departure for West Ham probably explains the revival in Pedersen's form since then. Pedersen should have thumped both Bellamy and McCarthy to shut them up but is too nice a fellow. Thankfully both have gone and Pedersen has remained to become a lynchpin of the team.

Thankfully both have gone? Bellamy is the best striker we've had since Shearer. Much rather have him here than that over paid soft pansy that is Gamst.

Anyone seen this? Some qoutes from Savage - fair enough but I'm sure I've read that he always thought Rovers was has happiest time and best club.

Savage added: 'I was at the World Cup this summer and I saw David Moyes and I said "why didn't you sign me?"

'And he said "we couldn't afford you in the end" tongue in cheek. But he put two or three bids in for me and one was accepted by Birmingham but it got turned down at the last minute for some reason and I went to Blackburn instead.'

'I know I played for Blackburn in Europe but, in terms of having everything, at Birmingham it was incredible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300806/Robbie-Savage-rues-decision-join-Everton.html#ixzz0vpSHODht'>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300806/Robbie-Savage-rues-decision-join-Everton.html#ixzz0vpSHODht

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1300806/Robbie-Savage-rues-decision-join-Everton.html

I recently came across the idea Savage regretted leaving Birmingham as well as the manner of his leaving.

He suggested he had played his best football there-as far as I can remember-and that he achieved a much lower standard at Rovers.

In the video interview on the Mirror's website he openly admits to lying to Steve Bruce to get a transfer "to play for my idol". Interestingly there is a tacit admission that he deliberately played badly to force a move. He also say's that, had Hughes not been our manager, he would probably still be at Birmingham now.

I don't think it's a black and white issue, it seems he enjoyed his time here but at the same time regrets leaving Birmingham. I can understand that.

I found it funny that the video that skysports showed around that time of savage training on his own was set up by him. He just went in to training when all the others were on a day off to make it look like he'd been made to train alone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Twitter banter between Sav and Jason Roberts (Read from the bottom up):

RobbieSavage8 Robbie Savage

@JasonRoberts30 I'm looking for a barn let me know when your selling up !!

9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@JasonRoberts30 excited as I have another career to go into pal !! If I didn't I'd be s,?!ing myself !!!

9 hours ago

JasonRoberts30 Jason Roberts

“@RobbieSavage8: @JasonRoberts30 yes pal I'm joining you in retirement !!! Lol”//Your Touch has been retired for 5 Years!! Haha

9 hours ago

@JasonRoberts30 oh sorry pal didn't realise you were still playing my mistake !!! Lol

9 hours ago

@

@RobbieSavage8 Congrats on a Great Career if it is true Bro! Are you excited or nervous?

@JasonRoberts30 yes pal I'm joining you in retirement !!! Lol

“@RobbieSavage8: @JasonRoberts30 lol alright jason! Are we still delivering the deliverables !//Haha! Alright Sav! I heard you are retiring?

“@RobbieSavage8: @JasonRoberts30 is this really you lad ??”//This is me "The peoples pundit" Alright..... Stinky!!!

I can't think of any other modern footballer than Bellamy who seems so disliked by so many people in the game. Rumours like this have followed him throughout his career.

Think there is way more to the rumours, met the chap while he was at Norwich, even as a kid he was a menace and hated by all. Not just for his arrogance but he has a real nasty streak in him.

Archived