BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Town Centre Store/ Cafe/ Bar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the Arsenal match there were some Barclays girls giving out fixture lists with a scratch card element to them. Anyway, just found it in my jacket and scratched off to reveal a £10 voucher to spend at the club shop. Does anyone know if this I'm able to use this at the shop in town or just the one at the ground. Or if anyone else has used one, were there any issues in redeeming it?

Ta.

I've been to the new shop / brew room several times over the last few weekends and I can't help wondering if there really is much in the way of passing trade. I've had to make a point to go there.

Until the new market opens there is no reason to go past it unless you travel to town on the bus.

Hopefully the novelty won't wear off because I'd wager there is less passing trade than when it was opposite Argos. Altough it's a much nicer place.

I wondered why they said it was a "better" location. Nicer, yes. More foot traffic on Church Street? Not so sure. :mellow:

The new continental market will be situated across the road underneath Primark when its finished, with completion to be before christmas so with this development footfall should improve significantly.

The new continental market will be situated across the road underneath Primark when its finished, with completion to be before christmas so with this development footfall should improve significantly.

Yes but from how the building work is coming along, I can't quite visualise where the entrances / exits are.

I hope I'm wrong but even with the market finished I still can't see too many reasons to walk past the shop and therefore be tempted in. They will be relying on those arriving into town via the boulevard. Maybe there'll be enough people arriving on buses and trains...?

I was in there again this weekend and whilst the cafe is fairly busy, the shop still seems quiet - although, in all fairness, I was in there before 12pm.

Yes but from how the building work is coming along, I can't quite visualise where the entrances / exits are.

I hope I'm wrong but even with the market finished I still can't see too many reasons to walk past the shop and therefore be tempted in. They will be relying on those arriving into town via the boulevard. Maybe there'll be enough people arriving on buses and trains...?

I was in there again this weekend and whilst the cafe is fairly busy, the shop still seems quiet - although, in all fairness, I was in there before 12pm.

Still early days yet the location is in an area under development, the team have spent no money on new signings, and are placed 15th in the league so one would have thought footfall and sales currently are all relative to this, so one would think there is plenty of scope to improve upon without too much difficulty.

Jisty there is an entrance into the new market directly opposite the Rovers town centre store, and with the shop being the only cafe on that street, surely footfall and interest will increase one would have thought.

Hadn't spotted that. Cheers JAL.

Agree that it should improve things then. With the Costa at the other end, I don't expect there to be another cafe in the market.

Archived