BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mame Biram Diouf

BPF

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling quitely optimistic about this deal. Saw him a lot when he played in Norway, and always rated him, even though he did miss a handful of chances that even Sir Jason of Roberts would have found easy. Still, he's quick, strong and hard working, and I think he would do alright as an inside forward on the right hand side of a 4-3-3/4-5-1 system.

Extremely pleased seems the quality and level Rovers need to be looking at especially after some of the donkeys we've been linked with.

Hopefully a couple more and Rovers season will be up and running. Just think its not just the fans who need to see fresh players coming in but the players at the club also need to see new faces just to freshen things up.

A Manure fan friend of mine:

Diouf:No composure right now. Strong guy though, the kind of player who if Blackburn give him games, he will get results. Not a flair player though so can't see him ever fitting into the Man U team.

I seem to recall seeing this chap on Transworld Sport, or something, a few years ago.

Seemed like a talent, but also a down-to-earth, decent bloke.

Can't see him ever fitting in at Utd, TBH.

While it's good to get a warm body in, it's a bit early to start celebrating. Our last two season-long loans from Big 4 clubs hardly worked out and I'm struggling to think of the last player SAF loaned out for a season who went onto better things.

tim howard

Vintage vinjay, from RoversMad.

Vinjay

06 Aug 2010 13:03

Signed: September 2009

re: re: re: Two Diouf"s ...

Aside from banning the Walkers from coming anywhere near Ewood hopefully the first thing any new owner will do is send him back. There's no way in hell I am going to support anyone contracted to them.

If this is the best the club can do I would rather not have a striker.

Edit by user 06 Aug 13:05

Excellent loan signing.

He is highly regarded by people at Old Trafford. I think that he will do well for us, he is quick and strong and should fit into our style of play very well.

Have to echo these sentiments, well thought of at Old Trafford hopefully he can do the business.

i wouldnt be surprised if he plays down the right wing LeChuck?

something like this

Robbo

Salgado Samba Nelsen Givet

Nzonzi Faty(If he signs)/ Teymourian(if he signs)

M Diouf MGP Olsson

Dunn

Kalinic

i just based that, on the fact that he seems like he has got some real pace and a bit of skill. Im not sure if he can play down the right, but if we use the 4-2-3-1-1 system, then he might slot in there. Somebody has to leave the squad though, as we have way too many midfielders if we brin in either Faty or Teymourian or dare i say it, both of them.

Do they teach math in S.A.????

Think he will do well for us and as I said in the summer transfer thread will suit our style hopefully. Let's hope we can bring in another to help him and Kalinic on a permanent since it looks like Roberts is headed for the exit.

Archived