BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mame Biram Diouf

BPF

I always thought that Gresko's change of fortune co-incided with, and had more to do with, our sale of Duff. I might have my dates mixed up, though.

No you don't. That and a really bad injury did for the lad. Having 2 or 3 different right footed players who made Gerrard look like he was hugging the touch line for England, cannot be the best protection a left back has ever been afforded.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Upping this. Surely having this lad should cheer the lost souls up abit.

I can see him getting into double figures in the league for us. Its early I know but he seems to know the difference between the back of the net and the woodwork better than Kalinic.

All his goals have been tidy goal poaching efforts and thats really what we need the most.

I dont count pre-season goals, and i definetly would say his work-rate could be improved, because he didnt really press the opponents, particularly apparent v Everton.

1-0 up and alone upfront - no need to really press the opponents as much. He does make a lot of runs and has good movement, so I think his work rate is better than average.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd give him a special mention today, a few people were questioning his work ethic after the Everton debut, but he ran his socks off today.

So much so that he seemed dead on his feet for the last ten minutes. There was a ball played down the line for him but he just couldn't get his legs to move quickly enough for it. Sam must have realised this and quickly told Kalinic to go on the left, probably to occupy Richards who was getting forward well.

Do we have a chance of keeping him? Man Utd have loads of strikers and he doesn't look Man Utd quality. If we get taken over I'd love us to put a bid in.

• Backroom

There is the hope that fergie just kind of forgets him as they signed a couple in the summer on top of Rooney, berbatov and Owen.

Too early to say anything yet though obviously.

There is the hope that fergie just kind of forgets him as they signed a couple in the summer on top of Rooney, berbatov and Owen.

Too early to say anything yet though obviously.

We'd still have the problem you have with any loan player you don't arrange a future fee with. If he plays well, United will want a high fee for him, and other Prem clubs will be sniffing. If he plays poorly we're not going to want him.

We can only hope for two things, on top of what you already said. That either he plays just alright, but not well enough for all and sundry to want him, but then turns out to be a gem when we buy him, a la Bentley. Or that a good takeover comes through and we can afford him (in which case, will we be able to get someone better?)

Archived