BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Underpower Championship

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did wonder if his reliance on the percentages would be enough for automatic promotion in such a tight division where you have a handful of teams going hell for leather for promotion. Playing the percentages doesn't win you 10 out of 12 or whatever Reading have done. The huge points turnaround between West Ham and Reading is reminiscent of how we hauled back a big Bolton points lead, culminating in that 4-1 thrashing of them. West Ham vs Reading will be the decider

West ham should be doing better than they are. With the squad available to him Allardyce should be 1st or 2nd.

I'd still back them to go up in the playoffs if they didn't go up automatically. It'd be interesting to see what happened if they didn't go up, though. I imagine Allardyce would be sacked, but not sure that would be the right decision.

With the squad West Ham have they shouldve walked the championship.

The 'HOOFBALL' is roundly being critisised by fans and pundits alike. He is allienating the fans - who.. say what you want about em- always back their side.

Higher wage bill.. high calibre players to start off with and look at what he was allowed to add. he's been backed by the owners, but he's simply not got the best out of them.

They were exactly as you'd expect from a Big Sam side on Saturday. Despite his bravado, there's been a few managers in the Championship in the last couple of years who've produced better sides for far less money.

That Real Madrid job looks further away than ever.

He is allienating the fans - who.. say what you want about em- always back their side.

Get out of it!

Glenn Roeder they hounded, they were delighted when Curbishley left and they abused Grant (fair enough on that one), even 'Arry copped it. Constanly booing, 'you're not to fit to wear the shirt' and the rest.

I suppose with their fanbase they certainly shouldn't be a yo-yo club, but their fans do have a massive sense of entitlement and actually believe that 'academy of football' nonsense.

Allardyce was brought in to get them up by any means necessary, they don't do it, he's obviously failed.

I would love it if West Ham don't get promoted, the sheer arrogance of their fans this season (and every season) get's right on my wick, they feel they have a devine right to be in the Premier League. I remember earlier in the season one fan ringing talksport claiming there was no doubt they would be going straight back up with teams like Rovers and Wigan going down to where they deserve to be.

I would love it if West Ham don't get promoted, the sheer arrogance of their fans this season (and every season) get's right on my wick, they feel they have a devine right to be in the Premier League. I remember earlier in the season one fan ringing talksport claiming there was no doubt they would be going straight back up with teams like Rovers and Wigan going down to where they deserve to be.

I must admit , I would find that amusing , especially if we stayed up .Kean on the other hand would claim the club was vindicated in replacing Sam with him !!!!

Get out of it!

Glenn Roeder they hounded, they were delighted when Curbishley left and they abused Grant (fair enough on that one), even 'Arry copped it. Constanly booing, 'you're not to fit to wear the shirt' and the rest.

I suppose with their fanbase they certainly shouldn't be a yo-yo club, but their fans do have a massive sense of entitlement and actually believe that 'academy of football' nonsense.

Allardyce was brought in to get them up by any means necessary, they don't do it, he's obviously failed.

I said, west ham fans back their side. ie the players on the pitch.

Ive been to watch rovers at upton park numerous times. the backing and noise generated is fantastic.

The examples of the fans desenting youve used are extreme examples.

In reality, they are its few and far between and,I think, mostly justified.

Listening to many podcasts over the last few months - and hearing about what is being said on radio phone-ins,

west ham fans detest the way they are playing. You could just ignore them matty. ;)

That team should get promoted, but first, second or 6th, it's a means to an end.

We had a better side and manager than Fulham in 2001, we came 2nd. 1992 we had the best squad in the league with a legend of the game as manager- we scraped into the play offs on the final day.

It's an unpredictable league, but of course, they don't go up, he's failed, and he knows it.

That team should get promoted, but first, second or 6th, it's a means to an end.

We had a better side and manager than Fulham in 2001, we came 2nd. 1992 we had the best squad in the league with a legend of the game as manager- we scraped into the play offs on the final day.

We shouldve won the division in 92. I dont think any rovers fan would disagree.

Our squad was far superior to anyone elses, as west ham's is today.

In 2001, I think rovers and fulham's squads were pretty similar.

• Backroom

Apparently west ham fans chanting at Sam 'we're west ham we play on the floor' even though they are 2 up

Similar to the 4-4-2 chants at ewood, Mr Unappreciated

Apparently west ham fans chanting at Sam 'we're west ham we play on the floor' even though they are 2 up

Similar to the 4-4-2 chants at ewood, Mr Unappreciated

think it time that West Ham fans get realistic and stop going on about the football they played back in 70's and 80's!

Muppets!!!

• Moderation Lead

Even if Sam does take them up, he'll only be a few bad results away from being potted.

If a contingent of fans are restless now, think what they'll be like 'back where they belong'.

Only a few in the media have dared question this daft stance of West Ham's regarding the style of football.

Set of absolute mugs the lot of them for singing 'we're West Ham, we play on the floor'.

Delusions of grandeur epitomised.

I heard Sam's interview being played back on the radio this morning calling West Ham fans ''delusional''. Whilst I completely agree with what he was saying, I don't think he needed to say it. It reminded me of the ''I pick the team, not the fans'' comments he made about us and I can see his outspokenness turning whatever fans that aren't already against him, against him.

West Ham went down 4-2 at home to rivals Reading and now 4pts off automatic promotion.

I did say it wouldn't be a cakewalk for Big Sam to get them out that division but most thought he'd s**t it.

Archived