SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackpool 3 -0

Crazy day

Brilliant. Really chuffed for Ian Holloway because some of the media portray him as a joke of a manager a bit too much at times and he's showing people that his team do play exciting football and he's also showing that he's also a pretty good manager.

I hope he keeps this up!

I care, if we play the second half in similar fashion to the last 20 mins of the first half I can only see everton winning

Totally agree, if it wasn't for the error which gifted us a goal, we would be pulling our hair out at the moment because we are simply not creating any chances. Now that Dunn has gone off, I really don't know where are creativity will come from.

We are wasting our best players with this 'style'. We haven't got the players for Sams football, what annoys me most is that I know we can play it on the deck and play well when we pass it. I like staying in the premiership and maybe Sam is the best we can hope for, but it's embarrassing. Big Sam is the total opposite of the genius that was Brian Clough.

Totally agree, if it wasn't for the error which gifted us a goal, we would be pulling our hair out at the moment because we are simply not creating any chances. Now that Dunn has gone off, I really don't know where are creativity will come from.

Nzonzi for Dunn was baffling. Second-striker/Attacking midfielder for a Defensive midfielder? :blink:

At the game .... the only positive is we're winning. Playing hoofball at every opportunity and it's putting US under pressure cos Everton win it easily and are coming straight back at us. If it continues like this it's just a matter of time before Everyone score.

Is it beyond the realms if possibility for us to try passing it?? Just a little even?!??

BTW Howard. Lol. :)

Based on the first 45 minutes, it's hard to criticise the choice of players. The intention of Jones behind the midfield was to nulify Tim Cahill - gotta say, on that count, mission accomlished. Hoping to see big Mame around the hour mark, if anything just to provide a better outlet, as opposed to another 45 minute of backs to the wall stuff.

I could understand the complaints if we weren't winning, but we are and comfortably so.

Everton haven't really threatened and although we don't look like scoring, neither do they.

We're winning and due to pick up three points - this is all that matters.

Also don't buy the 'fans paying good money' thing. You don't pay your money for a ticket to watch good football, you pay to watch your team playing against another.

There is no, and has never been, any responsibility on any club to guarantee attractive football as part of selling a ticket.

If a fan is that opposed to it, they'll stay away.

Speaks volumes that our season ticket sales have been up this season on a pretty impressive last season.

Archived