BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

Team News

Looks like Vinny's out again according to Teamtalk. Didn't see that one coming.

Yep, hopefully out spruiking interest with his agent about a transfer out. I've backed him before but he's a walking sicknote and when he does play he seems to have lost his touch. Please Vinny, just go.

Wonder if the squad numbers will be released later today, any idea about changes (ie. Kalinic to get 10, Salgado 2, M Diouf ?)

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly OT but...I think my favourite ever FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON would probably be the game at Crystal Palace, Shearers debut and two stunning goals. I got a lift down there, arrived fairly early which was unusual as it is a bit hard to find Selhurst at times, and got sat in a pub not far from the away end ( I say end, it was a triangle of crumbling terrace).

There was a bit of banter in the pub between both sets of fans, but there was a definite edge around-the 80s still weren't that long ago in 1992 and many Rovers fans held a grudge against Palace for that play-off final defeat a few years earlier.

But those Shearer goals were awesome-we knew we had some player then-and a mention too for Stuart Ripley, also making his debut-he played brilliantly, scoring with a header and causing havoc all afternoon.

I remember Shearer's two goals they were absolutely fantastic. Ripley like you said had a cracking game as well.

For those that didn't see the game/want to reminisce a bit on how great a player Shearer was in his pomp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6em31xA_MHk

Back on topic, i can't see there being six goals in this game this weekend.

I remember Shearer's two goals they were absolutely fantastic. Ripley like you said had a cracking game as well.

For those that didn't see the game/want to reminisce a bit on how great a player Shearer was in his pomp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6em31xA_MHk

Back on topic, i can't see there being six goals in this game this weekend.

Cracking shirt, sunny day, top players, plenty of money, look at us now. :(

The worst FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON was 1985, away at Sunderland. There was nothing wrong with the game, apparently as we won 2-0. But I was on the dole and skint, so I tried to hitch hike it to Wearside.

Stood on the roundabout on the M61 junction at 7 AM with my thumb out, I got a lift fairly quickly-all the way to Rivington services. After a while trying there, I managed to get as far as Pontefract on the A1, then started walking up the road whilst trying to get another. After about three miles, I gave up and crossed over, and started to try and thumb my way home. Got back to Chorley about 8PM. :(

• Backroom

With Roberts not getting a squad number we can assume that Diouf will start up front by himself with just Kalinic as an option from the bench.

I imagine the team will be:

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Jones Givet

EH Diouf Pedersen NZonzi Olsson

Dunn

M Diouf

Not a bad team but you have to factor in that Arteta always scores against us and Cahill is bound to score, lets just hope we strike first and not our old trick of conceding early.

With Roberts not getting a squad number we can assume that Diouf will start up front by himself with just Kalinic as an option from the bench.

I imagine the team will be:

Robbo

Salgado Nelsen Jones Givet

EH Diouf Pedersen NZonzi Olsson

Dunn

M Diouf

Not a bad team but you have to factor in that Arteta always scores against us and Cahill is bound to score, lets just hope we strike first and not our old trick of conceding early.

I also think it will be Diouf starting, Kalinic hasn't had enough minutes under his belt during pre-season so i can't see Sam starting him. Samba might come back in though, if he is fit he will play.

Looking at that side the midfield is so weak, such a heavy reliance on Dunny as well. Let's hope he is fit and shows some decent form.

Sorry if its been mentioned but just listening to ssn and they were on about the ten year anniversary since jacks death and said we would be marking the occasion before kick off tommorow,just wondering how,would it be a minutes silence or applause anybody know anything

Despite the loss, our last home game vs Everton was one of the most entertaining Premiership games all season. Hopefully we'll see more of the same, with the result going our way this time.

Obviously, the main focus point should be stopping Cahill. Easier said than done, but we must give it our best.

Archived