BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

The worst FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON was 1985, away at Sunderland. There was nothing wrong with the game, apparently as we won 2-0. But I was on the dole and skint, so I tried to hitch hike it to Wearside.

Stood on the roundabout on the M61 junction at 7 AM with my thumb out, I got a lift fairly quickly-all the way to Rivington services. After a while trying there, I managed to get as far as Pontefract on the A1, then started walking up the road whilst trying to get another. After about three miles, I gave up and crossed over, and started to try and thumb my way home. Got back to Chorley about 8PM. :(

That was a fantastic game you missed pal.

Rovers had recently had their phones cut off and were penniless with a threadbare squad (if anyone thinks were a bit short now, in 1985 we were down to 16 Pro's). We went to big money Sunderland who had just employed probably the highest profile manager in England in Lawrie McMenemy.

Cue a Mark Patterson free kick and another from Jimmy Quinn both in front of our travelling fans (well those who made it at least!). Really enjoyed that day and the good start continued in the next 2 games. Things went seriously downhill after that though!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANY ONE KNOW THERE ARE TICKETS LEFT FOR TOMORROW GAME, CAN I BUY TICKET AT THE GATE.

THANKS

Yes if you have a history of buying at Ewood and are already on the database.

Otherwise get a friend who is already recorded as having bought tickets from the club to buy for you at the ticket office.

Sky Sports News reporting this morning that Samba, Kalinic and the new boy Diouf are doubts for todays game.

Isn't that just down to fitness as opposed to injury?

Kalinic should start and Good Diouf can come on for him after 60 or so.

Samba, well CB is the least demanding outfield role Physically so I'd hope he could start, if not Nelsen is coming in on the back of some great form from the WC.

It will be interesting to see what sort of line-up we show up with.

A number of selection posers. One is at left back/center back, as to whether Olsson starts at the former or Givet, and who partners Samba in the middle.

The make of the central midfield area will also be interesting, as will the Kalinic or Mame poser up top.

Players who got on the coach today.

Robinson, Olsson, Samba, Givet, Nelsen, Emerton, Dunn, Kalinic, E-H-Diouf, Pedersen, Bunn, Linganzi, NZonzi, Andrews, Hoilett, Salgado, Jones, Brown, Morris, Chimbonda, M-Diouf

In that case, I'd play:

Robinson

Salgado - Samba© - Jones - Givet

Emerton - Nzonzi

M Diouf - Dunn - Olsson

Kalinic

In that case, I'd play:

Robinson

Emerton - Nzonzi

M Diouf - Dunn - Olsson

Kalinic

That'd be a decent line up. It's funny how no one includes Bloody Keith Andrews in their line ups, when everyone knows Sam will pick him and ruin our day!!

In that case, I'd play:

Robinson

Emerton - Nzonzi

M Diouf - Dunn - Olsson

Kalinic

I'd go with that, but have just N'Zonzi holding with M Diouf up alongside Niko and Bert on the right of the 3. Formation 4-1-3-2. It's our first home game, so let's be positive and set a marker for the rest of the season.

HOWEVER, we all know BFS will start 4-5-1, and bloody Pedersen and Andrews will play ..... :angry2:

If it's the former, I fancy us to at least draw. If it's the latter, 0-2 Everton.

• Backroom

Staring to feel nervous now.

Hope the fans get behind the usual whipping boys but I imagine their first slip up will be pounced upon, pedersen and Andrews are getting the blame on here already.

I'd go with that, but have just N'Zonzi holding with M Diouf up alongside Niko and Bert on the right of the 3. Formation 4-1-3-2. It's our first home game, so let's be positive and set a marker for the rest of the season.

HOWEVER, we all know BFS will start 4-5-1, and bloody Pedersen and Andrews will play ..... :angry2:

If it's the former, I fancy us to at least draw. If it's the latter, 0-2 Everton.

To be honest, I haven't got the foggiest who or what Sam will play today (Is that good or bad?). I wouldn't be that surprised if he gave the 3-5-2 a run-out in the first half.

To be honest, I haven't got the foggiest who or what Sam will play today (Is that good or bad?). I wouldn't be that surprised if he gave the 3-5-2 a run-out in the first half.

I'm hoping that we at least have a go and try to win, but based on last season and Everton being a half-decent team I'm almost certain that Allardyce will be going all-out for the draw ....

Archived