BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Manford

• Backroom

Going to see Kevin Brides, John Bishop and Jason Manford in November.

Manford is the one I'm least looking forward to he's real hit and miss with me sometimes seems too forced somehow.

• Moderation Lead

Nah, poor man's Peter Kay

Behave- Peter Kay is not that funny! So painfully over-rated it's untrue!

Manford is class live- saw him at KGH a couple of years back- brilliant :)

hmmm, his act just seems to be; 'dads ay! bet your dad was good at fixing stuff!'

etc etc etc

Saw Peter Kay at the MEN in May and he was sensational. Sorry, Manford can be good, but not in the same league as Kay.

Do like John Bishop and Rhod Gilbert, seeing them both in Blackburn.

Another one to see if you get the chance is Reginald D Hunter. Saw him at The Comedy Store a couple of years ago. Really funny guy.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing Jason Manford last night, very very funny. He started at about 8 and didn't finish until about 10:45 with a 25 minute interval.

He was very very laid back, seemed more like he'd just come along for a chat. He's a strange one, he doesnt tell a lot of jokes (infact I can only remember one and that was a joke from his 10 year old brother in a story he told), he doesn't do a huge amount of observational stuff and there's no hugely expansive Billy Connolly style stories. I can't really put my finger on why he's funny, he just is. Natural wit I guess.

Well recommended anyway.

• Backroom

The problem with the minute with stand ups is over exposure, there are too many programmes on TV for them and you see part of the same act a lot.

Current example is John bishops new show, most of them have a routine and just take bits out and use jokes on panel shows etc

The problem with the minute with stand ups is over exposure, there are too many programmes on TV for them and you see part of the same act a lot.

Current example is John bishops new show, most of them have a routine and just take bits out and use jokes on panel shows etc

Agree with that. Used to like Frankie Boyle on Mock the Week until I realised I'd started to hear all the jokes before on the christmas stocking filler DVD's

michael mcintyre is easily the funniest comedian around, his show micheal mcintyre's comedy road show, hes the host and yet hes funnier than his guests

Not a chance.... :rolleyes:

WARNING!! if you are easily offended DO NOT WATCH! He is like marmite,you either get it or you don`t. B)

michael mcintyre is easily the funniest comedian around, his show micheal mcintyre's comedy road show, hes the host and yet hes funnier than his guests

I was blown away by him when I first saw him. But like all comedians he has a sell by date if you watch too much. You start to notice that a lot of the gags rely on him running around and wobbling his head.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with that. Used to like Frankie Boyle on Mock the Week until I realised I'd started to hear all the jokes before on the christmas stocking filler DVD's

Frankie boyle really dissapointed me.his stand up routine just didnt work.it's basically ask a member of the audience a generic question and when they answer he just gives a nasty put down as you rightly said one we've already heard on mock the week.

Saw Peter Kay at the MEN in May and he was sensational. Sorry, Manford can be good, but not in the same league as Kay.

Do like John Bishop and Rhod Gilbert, seeing them both in Blackburn.

Another one to see if you get the chance is Reginald D Hunter. Saw him at The Comedy Store a couple of years ago. Really funny guy.

Went to see reginald d hunter not long ago was really good another one to watch is steve hughes who supported him really really good. Going to see Jim Jeffries tomorrow night in edinburgh should be good.

Archived