BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Traffic Jam Fears For Everton Game

rishton-brig-taxi-brig-mill hill-rovers-mill hill-brig-town- rishton

would take bloody ages and cost a fortune!

Barge from Rishton to the Moorings, leaves at 10 am, stopping for 15 minutes at each pub on route, sat TV and and full CH and buffet. £8 round trip. ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen where I live ;)

4 hours each way on the train with extortionate prices to boot.

Ricky, the secret is to book your train ticket in advance online. Im travelling from Paisley, Scotland 0 (Sweden 3)and its only costing £15.60 rtn.

So now I'm car free and can do the Livsey Branch pub crawl down to the ground. HAPPY DAYS!

Stick it on Oakdale or Fernhurst, aslong as your on the estates and not on the main routes in & out - nobody will say a thing.

I live on Oakdale and the police put signs up warning about not parking there - also seen cars ticketed before now so beware.

And if you block my drive you might find your wing mirrors have been forcibly removed .... ;)

Azuri, think the main issue for me is the fact that there are two changes on the way up. I've never managed to get a really cheap train deal even with trying the trick of splitting it into lots of singles.

My little car will do 60+ to the gallon so it makes it quite a reasonable priced drive.

• Backroom

I'm hoping to move to oakdale / fernhurst farm soon and I think I'd be miffed at people parking right up to my drive.

Will be interesting to see how bad it is

I'm hoping to move to oakdale / fernhurst farm soon and I think I'd be miffed at people parking right up to my drive.

It's pretty good on fernhurst... It's worst up to England avenue. Live between dalglish and parkes way and you'll be fine. The best bit is a 5 minute walk down to the rovers. There are also a couple of shortcut through the woods that bypass the fernhurst... And take you out on either Vincent street or maccy d's

Used to live on Oakdale but we moved when all the little kids started growing up & started to hang around alot more.

Not many park up their - hence why I suggested it :D

• Backroom

It's pretty good on fernhurst... It's worst up to England avenue. Live between dalglish and parkes way and you'll be fine. The best bit is a 5 minute walk down to the rovers. There are also a couple of shortcut through the woods that bypass the fernhurst... And take you out on either Vincent street or maccy d's

Off topic but when you say it's worst up there how do you mean? As in rough?

Off topic but when you say it's worst up there how do you mean? As in rough?

Nope - great place to live. I have 2 girls under 8 and they love it - safe as it comes. I meant ' worst' in terms of people parking on match day. As I said... Lovely place to live

Nope - great place to live. I have 2 girls under 8 and they love it - safe as it comes. I meant ' worst' in terms of people parking on match day. As I said... Lovely place to live

Yep, agree fully. Nice and quiet, hardly any chavs, few kids knock about now and again but nothing major - lots of police seem to live up here so maybe that helps?

according to ther telewag ,lots of the ewood and surrounding ares are having yellow lines painted and waiting times including :angry: GAME TIME so thats lots more less parking too. :angry2:

The one thing in Blackburn that is truly top class and the council continually place obstacles in the way of it. Twas ever thus. I'll bet parking tickets are handed out like confetti on Saturday.

esp when you have rovers fans on here saying that they have bought tickets for everton fans :rock:

As long as they've been paid for and they behave than it's OK by me.

I live on Oakdale and the police put signs up warning about not parking there - also seen cars ticketed before now so beware.

And if you block my drive you might find your wing mirrors have been forcibly removed .... ;)

Never mind match days why have those 2 brand new estates been constructed with completely inadequate parking facilities? I know building land is at a premium but it's daft when that type of houseowner will mostly need spaces for at least two and often 3 or 4 cars.

Used to live on Oakdale but we moved when all the little kids started growing up & started to hang around alot more.

Not many park up their - hence why I suggested it :D

Interesting....

I used to work for a house-builder, expensive large houses abet estates. Every time, as soon as the occupants of the multiple bedrooms hit 17/18, car appeared everywhere apart from in the garages and up the drives. Turned the once quiet respectable neighborhood into drag strips/skatepark/carpark/disco etc etc.... That what you get when you choose to live with aspirational people.

The one thing in Blackburn that is truly top class and the council continually place obstacles in the way of it. Twas ever thus. I'll bet parking tickets are handed out like confetti on Saturday.

As long as they've been paid for and they behave than it's OK by me.

the oracle has spoken - close the thread :glare:

the oracle has spoken - close the thread :glare:

Sounds like you are one of those babyhouse squealers in the JW stand who point out somebodies father in law or cousin to the stewards when they cheer if the opposition score with the sole intention of getting them thrown out when they have paid good money for their ticket?

I hope not but if so and apart from acting like those loathsome footballers who we all hate who wave imaginary cards to referees in order to get opposing player's sent off what do you hope to accomplish?

Archived