BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Traffic Jam Fears For Everton Game

Never mind match days why have those 2 brand new estates been constructed with completely inadequate parking facilities? I know building land is at a premium but it's daft when that type of houseowner will mostly need spaces for at least two and often 3 or 4 cars.

Every house up here has parking space for at least two cars minimum Thenodrog.

You might find the odd exception to this were someone might have three or four spaces or another may just have the one space available but generally the average is two cars per househould.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already said I bought 4 Evertonians tickets in the JW upper, all good lads and I'll be supping in the Ferny before with them, don't see the problem? All got broad scouse accents but won't cause an ounce of trouble.

If they were proper Everton fans would they not have been able to get tickets in their own end?

Sorry, don't see what the fuss about parking is all about. Have lived in two houses with NO street parking and managed perfectly well even with two cars, and one of the houses was on a major trunk road. Leyland has found a whole estate double yellowed because of a fuss about a few students from the local college parking there and now you can't even wait there to pick up your son/daughter from the college. Madness. What is the problem with a few parking for a couple of hours on a matchday - if you don't want anyone parking in front of your house you can easily stick your own car there instead of on your drive.

So all that chaos failed to materialise. Got home in 16 minutes, usually takes an hour.

The Police have to do something to justify 300 officers on duty on time-and-a-half. Wouldn't be surprised if their traffic light management caused more problems that it solved o justify them charging Rovers huge amounts.

I think you need to do some research Marky lad. There are some new rules around following discussions with the club, police and local authority and i think that you will find there was nowhere near 300 bobbies on duty at todays game. Mainly stewards at each end outside, no support units at the Blackburn End and very few police inside the ground.

This kind of initiative is going on at all grounds where there are relatively trouble free matches. Rovers v Everton is one of them. There may be even Police free games such as Fulham at home this season because in general there is only a very small amount of trouble down at Ewood.

Sod the roads let's get the train sorted.

Arrived at Mill Hill at 1.45 to be confronted by the usual thugs with badges but where were they at 5.38 when the train back to Preston arrived from Blackburn almost full with a full platform waiting to get onto two poxy carriages at Mill Hill?

20 minutes squashed on a packed train in the sun whilst the poor conductor tried to quell the anger of scores of popped up scousers that could not fit on the train, and try to ensure that those that were on the train would not be squashed by the doors wasn't much fun. All it takes is for the authorities to put an extra carraige on ONE train on a matchday morning and ensure it's the one that will be timetabled to leave Blackburn for Preston at 5.30.

IF the train had shunted it would have been carnage as it had to crawl to Preston due to the suspension bottoming out over every track connection.

Let the train take the strain!!! :rock:

I think you need to do some research Marky lad. There are some new rules around following discussions with the club, police and local authority and i think that you will find there was nowhere near 300 bobbies on duty at todays game. Mainly stewards at each end outside, no support units at the Blackburn End and very few police inside the ground.

This kind of initiative is going on at all grounds where there are relatively trouble free matches. Rovers v Everton is one of them. There may be even Police free games such as Fulham at home this season because in general there is only a very small amount of trouble down at Ewood.

There were at least twenty coppers forming a ring around the Darwen End turnstiles at two minutes to three yesterday, and plenty pointing cameras at the back of the DE seats all match. And plenty of attitude from the bad losers all the way up LBR, as usual.

Plenty taking videos and photos of us in the darwen end!!

Quite a few incidents yesterday.

Firstly a guy managed to get on the kiosk roof in the riverside to watch the game lol.

Saw plenty of bad tempered everton fans. A group of them stopped a car , opened door and started smacking the driver.

No research needed. There were less police, and the traffic control was left to the local authority.

Now given that it was nearly a full house and being fairly local probably the majority of Everton fans drove over, so more traffic, why were most peoples journeys shorter? Why was there not the usual traffic chaos?

It seems the only thing that's changed is a reduction in police involvement ..... coincidence?

Archived