BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough draw this one, Norwich are a decent side, and if not for a terrible start last season would be on the fixture list 3 times this season.

Thats gone over my head.

This must be how you feel every day :tu:

This must be how you feel every day :tu:

Confused also :blink: - we are playing Norwich in the cup are we not?

If they'd have had a better start to last season they'd have come up?

Confused also :blink: - we are playing Norwich in the cup are we not?

If they'd have had a better start to last season they'd have come up?

As the MaltesePhilcon just confirmed - they came up from League 1.

''That said Blackburn draw such pitifully low crowds that unless admission is near enough free on the night then there's likely to be nearly as many Norwich supporter fans at Ewood Park as there will be home fans.''

Yeah,the usual expected bull posted via away fans message board :rolleyes:

(Wont be more than 10,000 on though! :D )

Memory must be fading it was in fact a Saturday afternoon.

It was and it was truly a great day, my mate came up from Norwich and the old fella and I took him in the Blackburn End with us, he got to cheer with his arms aloft 7 more times than he wanted to...

Shearers chip was class, I remember thinking WTF has that gone and then the net bulged!

And yes I remember that Gunn was truly touched about the reception he got at the BBE, top bloke.

We did then sing "Where were you when shearer scored" and to be fair to him he applauded!

Why?

Accy at home to Newcastle and the Dingles go to Morecambe...

Bolton's trip to Southampton, PNE going to Bradford and Blackpool to MK Dons are the sort of draws that nightmares are made of.

I wanted some lower league team away from home.

Couldn't care less who or where the Dingles and Accy play.

I think the reason there is confusion about the Norwich games is because we played them twice in October 1992. One was the Saturday afternoon 7-1 win at the start of October and then we played them again in a midweek Coca Cola Cup time at the end of the month when we won 2-0.

I think Bryan Guns daughter had passed away in between the two games meaning that the Coca Cola Cup game was one of his first games back after the tragedy and was the one where he got the great reception.

How anyone can whinge about being pulled a home tie in a cup competition that has been good to us baffles me.

Norwich home may be a hard game but its a winnable game and we should really be hoping to go into the next round.

Ticket prices are very reasonable.

Our second string should be able to beat them.

But won't-

We've got to play a strong side because other PL clubs will get upset as a result of fielding "good enough" teams in this round and we need to be in the 3rd round draw hopefully to benefit from that.

I would imagine that you will be able to buy them from Monday online.

Still not available.

When is the deadline to claim your own seats?

Ok found it, Wednesday 18th close of play is the claim your own seat deadline, hope they're available online before then.

How anyone can whinge about being pulled a home tie in a cup competition that has been good to us baffles me.

Norwich home may be a hard game but its a winnable game and we should really be hoping to go into the next round.

Ticket prices are very reasonable.

I'd rather have Morecambe away for the day out.

But won't-

We've got to play a strong side because other PL clubs will get upset as a result of fielding "good enough" teams in this round and we need to be in the 3rd round draw hopefully to benefit from that.

I'm expecting us to change quite heavily for the game, I reckon M. Diouf, Andrews, Hoilett, Emerton, Chimbonda and Jacobsen will all start, fitness permitting.

I'm expecting us to change quite heavily for the game, I reckon M. Diouf, Andrews, Hoilett, Emerton, Chimbonda and Jacobsen will all start, fitness permitting.

I wonder if M.Diouf will be allowed to play for us in this competition, seem to remember Di Santo wasn't last season.

Still not available.

When is the deadline to claim your own seats?

Ok found it, Wednesday 18th close of play is the claim your own seat deadline, hope they're available online before then.

they are online now, but if you are a DE STH you will need to find somewhere else to sit - no rovers fans in the DE for this match.

Archived